Teamster UPS 401K - Prudential Financial

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Anyone got the Reit fund since inception it’s up
In general, Reits borrow and leverage to purchase properties which they then rent out for their profits which in turn pays for the distributions. Following the 2008 market meltdown the Feds instituted ZIRP(Zero Interest Rate Policy. You know the same policy that has us making .01% on our bank checking and savings accounts.) During ZIRP it was stupid easy to make millions hand over fist if you could borrow and leverage millions. Now the Fed is and has been raising interest rates (since about the last 2 years of the Obama term) and the margins for REITs are coming under pressure.

For a little understanding or insight into REITS don't just look at the numbers "since inception"from the Prudential site. Google stocks OHI, ARCT, HPT, SIR or ARR. Then hit the 5 year or 10 year stock price chart. This will give you a little insight.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm young and don't have a whole lot of experience dealing with this stuff, but it is unsettling seeing my personal performance negative. Went from a good year of 21% to so far this year -0.84%. These cap stock funds need to step their :censored2: up!
Maybe it's negative because everything is negative and it mirrors the overall market....

Rack em

Made the Podium
Double down son.

Thank me next year
I already try to put as much as I can into it. Last month I was talking to recently retired driver and he told me his 401k made him 60k last year and hasn't touched it at all.

I can't wait to make 60k a year just on having money in my 401k!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I already try to put as much as I can into it. Last month I was talking to recently retired driver and he told me his 401k made him 60k last year and hasn't touched it at all.

Think about that for a second. Your investments would have to earn on average $5K/month to make $60K/year. That is a pretty tall order.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

60k year honestly isn't very impressive. 20% gains is a few hundred thousand that's it.