Teamsters Back to Work

Spanky250

What would you say would be the cut off between a part time and full time job? If it takes 8 hrs to get the job done every day, that's full time hours. Leaving at 5 hours is not ok according to you, so somewhere between 5 and 8?

The Dept. of Labor defines part-time as 34 hours a week or less.

Drink Craft Beer

What would you say would be the cut off between a part time and full time job? If it takes 8 hrs to get the job done every day, that's full time hours. Leaving at 5 hours is not ok according to you, so somewhere between 5 and 8?
Just read the article again and it said they were forced OT after their regular shift was over. That makes zero sense. What is there to do after their shift is over??

Plus it states that the main argument was forcing OT for those who don't get full time benefits. I'm assuming that means they haven't been there long enough to be eligible for FT benefits. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

What it doesn't state though, is how much OT is being forced. If it's 6-7hr days 4x a week, then yeah, that's too much.

Article also states that in their contract, walk outs (without supervisor notification) is cause for termination.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ah yes, that favorite tactic of keyboard warriors, the ad hominem. So no further discussion will occur. Have a nice day.
I know what it was about. Do you? The woman put the coffee between her legs while driving and it spilled on her and burned her. She sued McDonalds, on the basis that they brew their coffee hotter than necessary to improve yields. She won millions because she was a careless idiot that saw a deep pocket corporation and found a bottom feeder attorney willing to do it. Most people understand that hot coffee can burn you. But in our litigious society you can sue anybody for anything, and juries are all too willing to rule against big corporations.
Well are you willfully ignorant or happily lying? Those are the only 2 options. Because nothing you said about the case was true.

She wasn’t driving. She wasn’t even moving. Passenger seat parked car. The coffee was so hot she spent weeks in the hospital and needed skin grafts.

Even then all she wanted was her medical bills covered. When McDonalds offered $800 for 5 figure medical bills was when she decided she needed to push the issue. That and the fact that nearly 1000 people had complained about burns from their coffee.

So yes I’m sorry you clearly know nothing about the facts of the case. Call what you’ve heard fake news if you will.

nWo

Just read the article again and it said they were forced OT after their regular shift was over. That makes zero sense. What is there to do after their shift is over??

Plus it states that the main argument was forcing OT for those who don't get full time benefits. I'm assuming that means they haven't been there long enough to be eligible for FT benefits. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

What it doesn't state though, is how much OT is being forced. If it's 6-7hr days 4x a week, then yeah, that's too much.

Article also states that in their contract, walk outs (without supervisor notification) is cause for termination.

If they are working FT hours then they should have the progression wages and FT pension. We can't continue to allow UPS to classify FT employees as PT.

takesteady

In my building there isn’t division between the shifts. It’s a 24 hour operation and work doesn’t stop in between shifts. Twilight runs into night sort , night sort runs into preload, and preload runs into day sort and so on and so forth until the heat death of the universe. It isn’t uncommon to work into the next shift after the end of yours.

Last edited:

Spanky250

So you chose not to read the article? That’s cool. I’m not surprised.

I've read that article and others on the case, and all of them, that one included, have their own flavor of spin. I would have discussed it further with you, but you decided to be condescending about it and I don't spend time on other people's insecurities. Have a nice day, be safe out there.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
A part time job is anything less than 40 hours a week. 39 hours a week would still be part time.

I think we should have language, if we don’t already, that says if a part time employee works more than 39 hours in a week, UPS should have to create a full time inside position. This would give senior employees the option for full time hours/benefits. And if you choose to stay part time you work part time hours.

ups wants to work you like full time but keep you at Pt lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've read that article and others on the case, and all of them, that one included, have their own flavor of spin. I would have discussed it further with you, but you decided to be condescending about it and I don't spend time on other people's insecurities. Have a nice day, be safe out there.
“Own flavor of spin” lol

Like, drove off like a crazy person with coffee between her legs and got millions of dollars.

There’s almost nothing factual about that statement at all

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
She wasn’t the one driving (the car wasn’t even moving), and she was burned all the way to the muscle. What spin are you referring to?