Teamsters United = inexperienced and down right laughable.

804brown

@804brown can you try and explain tims statements here?
Not sure of the entire context of these statements but on the day of the walkout, Tim was trying to get Liam to have the members go back in to work and Liam refused mostly because when he told the members that Tim said go back in, they refused. What I think he was stating in that taped encounter was that Liam should not be lead by the membership. That Liam should have realized that the members got emotional and unreasonable and that Liam as an elected official of the union had to be reasonable and rational. Even if it meant telling the members a lie in order to get control of the situation at hand. Again that is my interpretation of what was happening. I was not there and am hearing all this out of context.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Not sure of the entire context of these statements but on the day of the walkout, Tim was trying to get Liam to have the members go back in to work and Liam refused mostly because when he told the members that Tim said go back in, they refused. What I think he was stating in that taped encounter was that Liam should not be lead by the membership. That Liam should have realized that the members got emotional and unreasonable and that Liam as an elected official of the union had to be reasonable and rational. Even if it meant telling the members a lie in order to get control of the situation at hand. Again that is my interpretation of what was happening. I was not there and am hearing all this out of context.
Tim didn't want Liam to take control of the members he wanted Liam to get out of there and run away......and tell the members his wife was in the hospital and leave them

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Maybe he thought Liam had done enough damage for that day?
I agree that's a possibility.......but the buck stops with Tim if he wanted Liam out of there.......he should of had someone there to guide the members not leave them stranded.........and let's not forget Tim is responsible for Liam's actions.......he brought him to the e board........I'm sure a lot of the Tim cheerleaders on here should recognize Tim made a bad decision with one of his actions above

804brown

All these guys are trying to portray Tim as someone who is going to dig in and fight for us..........and when the going got tough he wanted his e board to run from the members instead of digging in and fighting........I don't get it...... am I seeing this wrong
Its more complicated than that. Publicly yes Tim had to appear to back his BA but he was furious at what Liam had done that day. He wanted those 250 drivers back but management wanted to use this episode to hurt Tim and his administration, divide our local and cause problems between the Intl and our local. So they refused any meetings to fix the situation. Thats when the public relations mobilization kicked in. In the end it was very effective in getting UPS back to the table.
As for "running from the members", no one ran from any member. What Tim attempted to do was DE-escalate the situation. Some members wanted to ESCALATE the situation. In the end Tim was both strong in his tactics to get management back to the table AND reasonable in making a deal to get those members back to work.

As for the politics of it all, of course all this was on Tim's mind about running for the Intl. It was also on UPS' mind too which pushed their hand to deny Tim a clean win on this. They are perfectly happy with the Hoffa/Hall Concession Stand. Im sure both UPS and H2O wanted to embarrass Tim in this. Which is why Kenny boy was instructed to travel to Maspeth. Publicly, he went to fix the situation. Privately, he attempted (unsuccessfully)to hurt Tim's leadership skills (and with it his political aspirations). But by that time the Tim's public relations campaign had already worked and both sides were talking. Kenny boy just came to mediate the meeting between his friends at UPS and Local 804.

10 point

I agree that's a possibility.......but the buck stops with Tim if he wanted Liam out of there.......he should of had someone there to guide the members not leave them stranded.........and let's not forget Tim is responsible for Liam's actions.......he brought him to the e board........I'm sure a lot of the Tim cheerleaders on here should recognize Tim made a bad decision with one of his actions above
Just like you are responsible for your adult children's actions if they have always lived respectfully and then one day make a really bad mistake out of character?

Nice try.
Lame excuse. Blame the members too. They elected liam.

Last edited:

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Its more complicated than that. Publicly yes Tim had to appear to back his BA but he was furious at what Liam had done that day. He wanted those 250 drivers back but management wanted to use this episode to hurt Tim and his administration, divide our local and cause problems between the Intl and our local. So they refused any meetings to fix the situation. Thats when the public relations mobilization kicked in. In the end it was very effective in getting UPS back to the table.
As for "running from the members", no one ran from any member. What Tim attempted to do was DE-escalate the situation. Some members wanted to ESCALATE the situation. In the end Tim was both strong in his tactics to get management back to the table AND reasonable in making a deal to get those members back to work.

As for the politics of it all, of course all this was on Tim's mind about running for the Intl. It was also on UPS' mind too which pushed their hand to deny Tim a clean win on this. They are perfectly happy with the Hoffa/Hall Concession Stand. Im sure both UPS and H2O wanted to embarrass Tim in this. Which is why Kenny boy was instructed to travel to Maspeth. Publicly, he went to fix the situation. Privately, he attempted (unsuccessfully)to hurt Tim's leadership skills (and with it his political aspirations). But by that time the Tim's public relations campaign had already worked and both sides were talking. Kenny boy just came to mediate the meeting between his friends at UPS and Local 804.
Was Tim wanting Liam on his e board a mistake? A simple yes or no to that question without political dancing will be nice

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Just like you are responsible for your adult children's actions if they have always lived respectfully and then one day make a really bad mistake out of character?

Nice try.
Lame excuse. Blame the members too. They elected liam.
I'm not blaming any members........but all you guys keep praising Tim and because you want Hoffa/hall out Tim is perfect in every way.........tim is president of local 804 and he is responsible for everything that happens in his local including maspeth and Liam being a ba.........the members elected Liam because like you right now they trusted tims decisions

Spongebob1

Liam is desperate now, and he knows his future is in trouble, he had a chance to show leadership skills when all this took place but he let himself get caught up in the emotions of everyone else, became a "cowboy" and instead of leading he lead them off a cliff,......L804 needs a good leader, someone with integrity, guts, and confidence, and that's T.S

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Liam is desperate now, and he knows his future is in trouble, he had a chance to show leadership skills when all this took place but he let himself get caught up in the emotions of everyone else, became a "cowboy" and instead of leading he lead them off a cliff,......L804 needs a good leader, someone with integrity, guts, and confidence, and that's T.S
He is the leader there now..............even you acknowledge they need a new leader and aren't getting good leadership now

Spongebob1

He is the leader there now..............even you acknowledge they need a new leader and aren't getting good leadership now

Put your glasses on and re-read the post,
I've said it many times, Tim shows leadership, integrity, trust and confidence, when he went to the media and got them involved trying to turn and bad situation around, "because one of his employees friend.U"
that shows leadership,.........when it comes time to vote, Tim will win,........

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Put your glasses on and re-read the post,
I've said it many times, Tim shows leadership, integrity, trust and confidence, when he went to the media and got them involved trying to turn and bad situation around, "because one of his employees friend.U"
that shows leadership,.........when it comes time to vote, Tim will win,........
Did Tim make a good decision to have Liam on his e board.......a simple yes or no to that question will be great

10 point

I'm not blaming any members........but all you guys keep praising Tim and because you want Hoffa/hall out Tim is perfect in every way.........tim is president of local 804 and he is responsible for everything that happens in his local including maspeth and Liam being a ba.........the members elected Liam because like you right now they trusted tims decisions
I'm not praising anyone in that situation.
Who called the building out? Pretty simple.
Mistakes are made with good intentions but you need to own up to your responsibility if it's on you.
Don't blame the other guy when it was clear who called them out.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Was Liam or Tim swinging on that pole when the walkout occurred?

A simple answer would be nice here too.

What was the resolution? Was Tim or Liam BARRED from all UPS facilities?

Next.
So no you can't give me an answer........Ill give you an answer......that was tims good friend and employee on that pole someone Tim spoke very highly of.....that's why Tim needed him on the e board