Teamsters Urge UPS Drivers to Sign Up for 9.5 List

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Teamsters Urge UPS Drivers to Sign Up for 9.5 List - Teamster.org

The Teamsters Package Division is urging eligible UPS package drivers to protect themselves from excessive overtime by signing up on the 9.5 list, as required by the National Master Agreement. The requirement was suspended during the pandemic, but as of June 5 the company will no longer honor the current 9.5 list. That means drivers need to sign up to get on the list to protect their rights.

“The 9.5 list is a tool that helps prevent abusive over-dispatching and gives drivers the right to file grievances over pay when they are dispatched more than 9.5 hours more than twice a week,” said Sean M. O’Brien, Teamsters General President. “Our goal is to stop UPS from overworking drivers and to make UPS pay drivers when it violates their 9.5 rights.”

When UPS violates 9.5 rights, Article 37 of the National Master Agreement calls for the company to adjust the driver’s work schedule and pay triple time – instead of time and a half – for time worked in excess of 9.5 hours in a day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I wanted all the overtime I could get.
Averaged 55-60 hours a week.

Maxed out 401k , paid off house , and retired years earlier because of it.

Just saying some drivers want the ot.

Brownwind

I wanted all the overtime I could get.
Averaged 55-60 hours a week.

Maxed out 401k , paid off house , and retired years earlier because of it.

Just saying some drivers want the ot.
Didn’t want the OT but followed your line of thought and made the best of it by clearing the deck of debt. Definitely appreciate your guidance to make the best of the situation

Hey when they give me lemons I make lemonade.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
9.5 is great for people that want that, but i'm with olroad, on money making days i'd prefer to make as much as possible.

Karma...

I agree with being dispatched between 8 and 8.5 hours as per agreed upon time studies with ups and the teamsters....if you run over you get paid as such.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I agree with being dispatched between 8 and 8.5 hours as per agreed upon time studies with ups and the teamsters....if you run over you get paid as such.

Absolutely not. You need functioning equipment and a good load to meet the time allowances. Also each driver has different abilities. For those reasons the contract does not recognize production standards.

reginald95

Slow and steady wins the race. Sure the big checks are nice to look at but think about doing 10-12 hrs every day for 25 years and see how your body feels after that.

Dewdewbrown

Didn’t want the OT but followed your line of thought and made the best of it by clearing the deck of debt. Definitely appreciate your guidance to make the best of the situation

Hey when they give me lemons

Hey when they give me lemons I make lemonade.
When life gives Me lemons i make lemonade and put vodka in that mother friend......

Dewdewbrown

They should urge lower seniority to get off the 9 5 list. Let them load you up during the week. No saturdays! On The 9.5 list... see ya bright and early saturday! Oh yeah..you got 10 hours left! Happy Saturday!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Was the 9.5 problem fixed with the new contract? Major problem. Hope it wasn't ignored?