Telematics...UPS is wiring your truck

tieguy

Banned
Now if you really want to get the subject back to telematics stop making reference to anything other than that. It's simple but yet I doubt you can do it.

I would think you would lead by example. Silly me. Go have your love boat affair and hook some telematics up to your equipment while you're at it.

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
I would think you would lead by example. Silly me. Go have your love boat affair and hook some telematics up to your equipment while you're at it.

As a supervisor, I would think you would be able to refrain from provoking anger and upsetting people!
Now can we get back on topic! If not open up a new thread to keep bashing people, this one is taken by TELEMATICS!

P.S Don't forget to lead by example TieGuy.:speechless2:

tieguy

Banned
As a supervisor, I would think you would be able to refrain from provoking anger and upsetting people!
Now can we get back on topic! If not open up a new thread to keep bashing people, this one is taken by TELEMATICS!

P.S Don't forget to lead by example TieGuy.:speechless2:

I'm not a supervisor, I'm not at work and I really don't need your advice since its clearly very biased against management.

MechanicForBrown

I'm not a supervisor, I'm not at work and I really don't need your advice since its clearly very biased against management.

Well, my bad for assuming you were a supervisor,When you are a manager- oops because you sure act like one! And NO I AM NOT VERY BIASED AGAINST MANAGEMENT, I happen to disagree every now and then like every human being does, just like I am doing now with YOU:smart:. I speak to plenty of sups and managers on and off the BC and I don't recall any problems with any of them other than the occasional hard time they can give out, but for the most part I get along fine with almost anyone except...... HHMMMMM I wonder if the problem seams to lye just with you and why you are so persistent in HARASSING GOOD members of the BC! Please stop and try to refrain from going:offtopic:
Sincerely, MFB

upssup

I have a hard time understanding this. Seat belts are the law and a good idea. I have a package car in the back of my lot that looks like a wad of tin foil. The driver of 20 years died on impact. Oddly enough he was not wearing his seat belt! If the telematics system I installed prevented one of these I will go to sleep a happy man.

MechanicForBrown

I have a hard time understanding this. Seat belts are the law and a good idea. I have a package car in the back of my lot that looks like a wad of tin foil. The driver of 20 years died on impact. Oddly enough he was not wearing his seat belt! If the telematics system I installed prevented one of these I will go to sleep a happy man.

Being a mechanic, I know that telematics isn't going to prevent a death in an auto accident if the driver doesn't wear his/her seat belt! remember that the system only uploads when the package car gets back to the center and the centers that have telematics cannot see in real time if the seatbelt is being used or if anything in the telematics system is working properly or not. When the truck gets back they can look at all that info as it uploads automatically! And still, if one doesn't use a seat belt then thats their problem. On the other hand I'm sorry to hear that a fellow brother had to be an example of why you should wear the seatbelt. But then again sometimes and not that often even the seatbelt isn't enough to prevent death. :sad-little:

Pump Up The Volume

Yes, Big Brother has been watching. But they've been watching for a long time. Your on google earth video, especially at intersections. GPS has been in the DIAD forever. Just go into 6 Communications and press 8 or 9. Yes 8 or 9 is not listed. I can't wait for cameras to watch us in the cab. I usually just sing, pick my nose or my wedgey. They can get you for whatever they want but not for what they want.

tieguy

Banned
Well, my bad for assuming you were a supervisor,When you are a manager- oops because you sure act like one! And NO I AM NOT VERY BIASED AGAINST MANAGEMENT, I happen to disagree every now and then like every human being does, just like I am doing now with YOU:smart:. I speak to plenty of sups and managers on and off the BC and I don't recall any problems with any of them other than the occasional hard time they can give out, but for the most part I get along fine with almost anyone except...... HHMMMMM I wonder if the problem seams to lye just with you and why you are so persistent in HARASSING GOOD members of the BC! Please stop and try to refrain from going:offtopic:
Sincerely, MFB

what happened to the private message that was part of your first post? You just like to hear yourself talk don't you?

tieguy

Banned
Being a mechanic, I know that telematics isn't going to prevent a death in an auto accident if the driver doesn't wear his/her seat belt! remember that the system only uploads when the package car gets back to the center and the centers that have telematics cannot see in real time if the seatbelt is being used or if anything in the telematics system is working properly or not. When the truck gets back they can look at all that info as it uploads automatically! And still, if one doesn't use a seat belt then thats their problem. On the other hand I'm sorry to hear that a fellow brother had to be an example of why you should wear the seatbelt. But then again sometimes and not that often even the seatbelt isn't enough to prevent death. :sad-little:

so what you're saying is the company is doing a good thing by putting in a system that tells them who is and is not wearing the seat belt?

I find the brother line interesting would you be less sorry if it were someone other then a brother? If not then why use the brother line?

drewed

Shankman

It can prevent deaths, immediately no, but people are creatures of habit. If you correct them doing something wrong they gain that habit.

UPSNewbie

so what you're saying is the company is doing a good thing by putting in a system that tells them who is and is not wearing the seat belt?

I find the brother line interesting would you be less sorry if it were someone other then a brother? If not then why use the brother line?

Did he say otherwise? If not, what was the point in posting this?

tieguy

Banned
Did he say otherwise? If not, what was the point in posting this?

not sure what he was referring to in between all the lectures derived from his 17 years of wisdom derived from living on this earth. :happy-very:

But if he was referring to some brother suffering the consequences of not wearing a seat belt then I hope he was not sorry it happened simply because he considered the guy part of a brotherhood.

his phrasing whether intended or not seems to indicate he derived sorry from the event only because the guy was part of his brotherhood.

I think humanity may perhaps supercede brotherhood.

drewed

Shankman
If it would have been a sup would he have said it? No, we would have had atleast one person say well i guess he wasnt following his methods or some dumb **** so tie in that regard is atleast somewhere correct in his questioning the brotherhood comment, is it still a tradegy of course but its a UPS family tragedy not a IBT tragedy

UPSNewbie

not sure what he was referring to in between all the lectures derived from his 17 years of wisdom derived from living on this earth. :happy-very:

But if he was referring to some brother suffering the consequences of not wearing a seat belt then I hope he was not sorry it happened simply because he considered the guy part of a brotherhood.

his phrasing whether intended or not seems to indicate he derived sorry from the event only because the guy was part of his brotherhood.

I think humanity may perhaps supercede brotherhood.

I was talking about the first part of your post.