Telematics-Whats the REAL reason?

A

anonymous6

a friend at the state dept told us that the u.s. govt financed telematics for ups for trial use to be eventually used on the us public in personal vehicles.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

When it comes to big brown no one never knows whats truely behind the reason they do what they do. Usually $$$$ !!!! But like most everything else it is an intimadation tool. Follow the methods and you'll be fine. It does take a bit to get used to but after awhile its no different if you follow the methods. They will harp on you over every flag thrown. Keep your bulkhead closed no packages in the cab drive the speed limit select your packages the best you can with the load your given. Remember to use your full 18 seconds when getting out of seat and selecting and pulling shelves forward. They will grill you about when you have 5 minutes or more at or between stops that seems to be the flag thrower 5 minutes. Dont operate the diad while driving you can turn it on but if you hit it twice and it scans they will nail you with recording in travel or at idle. Get used to not looking at the board til your truck is off. If for what ever reason you keep a package in the cab u must still open the door or they see you made a delivery without opening the door which throws a flag. Etc etc etc cant say it enough follow the methods and all will be fine.

kingOFchester

He was closing out pickup stops at 56 mph.

we have had drivers clocking out doing (i assume) 60 plus miles an hour heading back to building on the major highway that takes us back to the center to stay off the 9.5 "report". center manager was well aware, perhaps even encouraged this behavior. Needless to say the center manager is no longer with UPS for other infractions.

GolfCart

we have had drivers clocking out doing (i assume) 60 plus miles an hour heading back to building on the major highway that takes us back to the center to stay off the 9.5 "report". center manager was well aware, perhaps even encouraged this behavior. Needless to say the center manager is no longer with UPS for other infractions.

Crazy that drivers do that ! They could loose thier jobs !!

Why does UPS , SUCK so bad ! Just give most of us a fair day , and we will bring it back to the hub on time . Sure there are always a few slugs in each hub, but I just want a fair day and go home !! My fair day 110-115 with some bulk , UPS fair day , 125-130 stops thats door to door with bulk !!! 110-115 plans 8.5- 9 every day 125-130 plans 10 every day or more

S

speeddemon

I welcome this in our center. I have a driver in my loop that intentionally runs up his miles by about 20 a day. He could be using that time to help his fellow drivers in his loop instead of hanging them out to dry . We all want to get home to our families. Do the right thing.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

i welcome this in our center. I have a driver in my loop that intentionally runs up his miles by about 20 a day. He could be using that time to help his fellow drivers in his loop instead of hanging them out to dry . We all want to get home to our families. Do the right thing.

must not have tellonmematics yet then. When it comes it will stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I need a little help with this one. I had a recording in travel yesterday that I can't figure out. I was double parked at a drop box. I had scanned the barcode and the packages and was waiting to close the box out. While I was waiting one of the cars I was blocking in wanted to leave so I moved forward about 10' and parked. I shut down the PC and then closed out the pkg car. Did I get the recording in travel because the pickup stop was open and I didn't close it until after I had moved the PC? I couldn't put the stop in to prerecord and it was too early to close out the stop. BTW, I was "driving" 1.2 mph.

We had a driver who was using his DIAD while driving 40 mph yesterday. When will these people learn?

ncamara

I moved forward about 10' and parked. I shut down the PC and then closed out the pkg car. Did I get the recording in travel because the pickup stop was open and I didn't close it until after I had moved the PC?
Did you wait a few seconds once you shut down the vehicle? Even if the vehicle is not running, it will still show up as recording while idling if you stop complete within a few seconds of turning it off.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I need a little help with this one. I had a recording in travel yesterday that I can't figure out. I was double parked at a drop box. I had scanned the barcode and the packages and was waiting to close the box out. While I was waiting one of the cars I was blocking in wanted to leave so I moved forward about 10' and parked. I shut down the PC and then closed out the pkg car. Did I get the recording in travel because the pickup stop was open and I didn't close it until after I had moved the PC? I couldn't put the stop in to prerecord and it was too early to close out the stop. BTW, I was "driving" 1.2 mph.

We had a driver who was using his DIAD while driving 40 mph yesterday. When will these people learn?
​That's it exactly.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

I do this all the time and I don't get dinged for it. I have several boxes that I pull up to, scan, then move the truck to a better spot (within view of the box) to wait the remaining several minutes until I can close it out.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got two open bulkhead door. My fob musta got pressed by my belt and the door flies open, I dunno, I dont care. Im not going to stop in traffic to fix it.

GolfCart

MY boss told us " Starting next week , MONDAY ! , you WILL BE IN OFFICE , and get papers , if you are on a telematic report !!! Guess I'll be filing back on him , and on harrassment !! I was told that , he can not do this ? he could only talk to us , no papers !!! as ALWAYS !! I HATE MY JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

He said warning letters on telematics reports !!
Here we were told they can't punish off telematics. They must go observe u doing what it says u r doing. But big brown will do as it pleases just to flare up the intimadation factor. They fired a guy here shortly after the start of telllonmematics. Not sure on the details but they called him in 2 days later and rehired him if he took a 2 day suspension so as not to have to pay him. He said he took it cause it was a 30 day wait for arbitration and no guarantee, yet did no wrong. Don't be surprised if they pick atarget once u get this tellonmematics. I personally like it it proves my paid over case for me. Show me what where when ....... follow the methods and if you do have an error msg it to bldg so they r forewarned.
Just another tool for intimadation. Expect a line at the office of offenders for awhile after its inception.