Tentative Agreement is now Available

542thruNthru

I like your observation.

Most of the vocal belligerent "vote no" people....

Their only argument is UPS made $5 billion last year. And that's where it ends.

Like somehow, that equates to being forced to hand it over to the hourly employees.

-Bug-

Maybe the slogan the union made last contract plays a little part in that.

" The more they make, The more we take."

govols019

You smell that?
That must be a common misconception, because you're not the first person to say that.

I think (for some reason) they get it confused with this MOU.

Memorandum of Understanding

"United Parcel Service, Inc. (Ohio and New York Corporation), as a demonstration of its commitment to maintaining jointly administered Teamster pension benefit plans, and to enhance the long term stability of pension coverage for its employees represented by Teamster Local Unions, agrees that for a period of ten (10) years from the effective date of the National Master Agreement, it will not solicit any signatory Local Union to change pension plans, either by proposing such change during future negotiations of the National Master Agreement or by encouraging its employees to advocate withdrawal from participation in their current pension plan."

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

That's just and educated guess....

-Bug-

The misconception, in my Local anyway, came straight from our Local President's mouth. I always wondered where he got that it was only for 10 years from but I trusted his word....still do... everybody makes mistakes.

I know what you mean about people that never come to meetings until it affects them...had several at our last meeting that are close to retirement that have never been to a meeting in the 8 years since I was elected Trustee....they were worried and I was worried for them... except for one guy, screw him.

Indecisi0n

giphy-downsized.gif

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
So what don't you like about the changes?

Would like to have seen 1.00 catch up over the gwi.
The PT pension increase is only $5 per year.
I think that 22.4's are a mistake. We will have to wait and see how they are used.
No new 22.3 jobs and no protection that current 22.3 jobs will stay 22.3.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
We need some clarification on that.

It just doesn't make sense (to me) any other way.

Because if you're correct, that would be a complete misstep.

Good question to ask.... at the Local Union review. ;)

I don't think anyone, would have a problem with that.

That's the difference between different Locals and BA's.

In my Local, it's never been an issue. Sign the 9.5 list and you're not working over 9.5.

There are other drivers that like the overtime or ones that will complain until payday.

-Bug-
We need some clarification on a few things.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
You know at work and trying to catch up on what’s going on here.. if Ups would have said we are not delivering anymore :censored2:ing bed frames/ heavy :censored2:ing furniture that we have to get a call tag the next day and pick it right back the :censored2: up. I would vote yes. Because :censored2: these people ordering beds.. now let me get back to this nice 100+ degree weather and enjoy my day.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I would like “as long as work is available” explained to me.

I’m legitimately afraid that this will be the end of a guanrateed 40 hour work week for me.
It IS the end of the our 40 hour work week. That last sentence completely negates the entire paragraph of the 40 hour guarantee and protected number of RPCD jobs per center.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
It IS the end of the our 40 hour work week. That last sentence completely negates the entire paragraph of the 40 hour guarantee and protected number of RPCD jobs per center.

We still have a say in it. We can vote it down.

I don’t want to vote no. I don’t want a strike and I don’t want the possibility of a strike to hurt our business; that’s not good for anybody...but I’m appalled at this language. My center does Saturday delivery and they take a chainsaw to the routes every Monday. It is super obvious what UPS’s intentions are and this language kicks the door wide open for them to do it.