Tentative Agreement is now Available

Blackstream

View attachment 201564
This needs to be fixed ASAP
I do not want my management team handing out warning letters to preloaders because their % was low on the freaking dick-slap pee pee scanners.
Considering we're on the cusp of major hub overhauls everywhere, with automation and big brother package scanners everywhere tracking everything, this could be a real problem. It reads like a clarification since that section is related to drivers, but I'm sure it still protected everyone.

One thing I've really learned in the short time I've been here (8 years), UPS loves to have their cake and eat it too. They pretend like they care about safety and egress and talk about how you need to take care of yourself... and then they do :censored2: like put in belts that you sort to at your head level and then give you long trailers that literally only have boxes that go to that belt and put two unloaders in there unloading at max speed, then get upset if the belt turns off at all.

It's really weird how many sorters I've talked to have shoulder/back problems. One of their depth of knowledge questions these days is 'What's the most severe injury on this sort?' The answer is lifting and lowering for sorters. Hmm... there might be a correlation there.

Anyways the point is, I'm 100% certain that UPS if given the opportunity will ride their employees to get that production out, and as soon as they have a problem with an employee they'll be more than willing to use technology 'problems' with their :censored2:ty faulty technology to try and get people fired.

EDIT: One thing I will say with that language, it specifically refers to technology that tracks or surveils a driver's movements, so for an employee not a driver to get caught by this clause, they would have to be caught by tech that also tracks/surveys driver movements, right? I'm sure UPS could find a way to make that work, but I'm assuming that unloaders won't get warning letters for having low EDS scores for example.

browned out

And you'll eventually get fired for your faulty bulkhead door not closing. Great contract!

That horrible language was changed in order to selectively target full-time drivers that they want to get rid of.
Meanwhile they will look the other way on telematics showing speeding violations. They may hand out warning letters to some of the runners to make it appear they are treating everyone equally. The only ones who will get fired and not get their jobs back will be the targeted full-time drivers.
And if your Union panel members are pieces of garbage like they are in many areas; you will be out of luck. Even if you do follow the methods and management states that you didn't you still will be out of luck.
By direct observation..... of two dishonest supervisors or managers. If they say Failure to follow management instruction ..... you're out of a job

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Pretty lame to pick on another teamster since he's locked out of responding back.
Karma will be when you're locked out for harassment?

LB is at least honest about his loyalty whereas you, knowing that he's banned, take cheap shots at him.

Karma nothing. You're a little girl compared to him. :people_crybaby:

With a wet diaper.
No did not know he's banned, in fact he posted here fairly recently, to my knowledge.

Good ASSumption though ;)

Staydryitsraining

Considering we're on the cusp of major hub overhauls everywhere, with automation and big brother package scanners everywhere tracking everything, this could be a real problem. It reads like a clarification since that section is related to drivers, but I'm sure it still protected everyone.

One thing I've really learned in the short time I've been here (8 years), UPS loves to have their cake and eat it too. They pretend like they care about safety and egress and talk about how you need to take care of yourself... and then they do :censored2: like put in belts that you sort to at your head level and then give you long trailers that literally only have boxes that go to that belt and put two unloaders in there unloading at max speed, then get upset if the belt turns off at all.

It's really weird how many sorters I've talked to have shoulder/back problems. One of their depth of knowledge questions these days is 'What's the most severe injury on this sort?' The answer is lifting and lowering for sorters. Hmm... there might be a correlation there.

Anyways the point is, I'm 100% certain that UPS if given the opportunity will ride their employees to get that production out, and as soon as they have a problem with an employee they'll be more than willing to use technology 'problems' with their :censored2:ty faulty technology to try and get people fired.

EDIT: One thing I will say with that language, it specifically refers to technology that tracks or surveils a driver's movements, so for an employee not a driver to get caught by this clause, they would have to be caught by tech that also tracks/surveys driver movements, right? I'm sure UPS could find a way to make that work, but I'm assuming that unloaders won't get warning letters for having low EDS scores for example.
Most of the pters in my hub have deals with management. The sort aisle is a joke, no one shows up, 3 hour recycles of thousands of packages, belt speeds on max with 2 unloaders, all supervisors working irregs, unloading, doing air, sorting entire shifts. Been that way for a long time. No one cares.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
D9E5EA76-8141-49B7-9078-5394BA462440.jpeg
Talked to some part time guys I’m the hub when I got back today and seems they are somewhat smart. Most said they will reject the contract as it does nothing for anyone haha. Lost hope it does down fast and with a lot of NO’s

F

Frankie's Friend

No did not know he's banned, in fact he posted here fairly recently, to my knowledge.

Good ASSumption though ;)
The powers that be caught his IP address and blocked him again.

I'd rather say presumption instead of assumption.

Leadbelly has many friends because regardless of anyone's political loyalty he always gave members time in PMs and on the phone. He has a young family that he has sacrificed tons of time with to help members.

Few members on here knows how tough his young years were.

Giving him a hard time on here is a cheap shot and he's family to many of us so let's agree to stop the jabs, shall we?
Poke him and it'll start a riff with many of us.

clean hairy

If you don’t like the contract then just retired. Y’all just weak. I’m the hardest worker in the Northern Plains District. No one can top me. The management loves me.
Hi there Dave!
Got bored with retirement and went back to work for big brown again!
When will be your 2nd retrement date?

F

Frankie's Friend

With all due respect, you are reading it wrong.

If that is the case, then why does (6) start off by saying this? When the new job includes inside work,....

I think I'd be ok with the 22.4 language, if there was a stipulation of something like, "If 22.4 is on road over 6 hrs, he/she will receive RPCD pay rate for their entire time worked"
How about "working a job at a higher rate for over 4 hrs the bargaining unit member shall receive the higher rate (of that classification) for all hours worked"?
Hmmm sounds familiar.

isonend

Share this with as many people as you can. Especially younger upsers who might not understand why this contract is garbage.

His math on the PT wage increases only applies to people making more than $12.30 now. For anyone making less than that, they'll get a raise to $13 August 1 and a $1 raise to $14 on August 1 2019. For someone currently at the $11 starting rate, they're getting a $2 increase this year, not $.70 (That's about $1800/yr, not $700), and a $1 increase next year, not $.75. From then on the wage increases are higher than the starting wage and they end up at $16.70/hr.

So saying there's no "catch-up" is partly true, but the wage increases are flat numbers. If you look at them in terms of a percentage increase, the people at lower pay rates are getting raises at a higher percentage. For people in their first year still at $11, they're looking at an 18% raise this year, and over a 50% raise over the next five. Who wouldn't take that?

I've heard people who are making $12 now complain that they will only be making as much as new hires. That does seem like they're getting hosed when you look only at the pay rate. But then again 4-year drivers make the same as 40-year drivers. The money is just part of the deal - you also gain benefits, pension credit, vacation weeks and the seniority to pick your work and bid on better jobs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a big part of what the contract is supposed to protect - rewarding people for their years of service.

It's kind of hard to get that across to an 18-year-old, $11 loader, maybe, who just wants money in his pocket today and doesn't care if he has health insurance or not because he's never going to get sick.