Tentative Agreement is now Available

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
We still have a say in it. We can vote it down.

I don’t want to vote no. I don’t want a strike and I don’t want the possibility of a strike to hurt our business; that’s not good for anybody...but I’m appalled at this language. My center does Saturday delivery and they take a chainsaw to the routes every Monday. It is super obvious what UPS’s intentions are and this language kicks the door wide open for them to do it.

Don't be afraid to vote no thinking we will strike! we would have to vote no 3 times with certain percentage of total teamsters having to vote before it ever came to that. but we do need to vote this down hard by a large margin for anything substantial to change. otherwise they give in on maybe 2 out of the 10 or 12 major issues and attach a signing bonus put it out again and bamm its a done deal

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Don't be afraid to vote no thinking we will strike! we would have to vote no 3 times with certain percentage of total teamsters having to vote before it ever came to that. but we do need to vote this down hard by a large margin for anything substantial to change. otherwise they give in on maybe 2 out of the 10 or 12 major issues and attach a signing bonus put it out again and bamm its a done deal

Damn..(3 X) that would push us to 2019 peak season..Watch out for some sneaky stuff with the voter percentages just saying.:eek:

F

Frankie's Friend

I've heard people who are making $12 now complain that they will only be making as much as new hires. That does seem like they're getting hosed when you look only at the pay rate. But then again 4-year drivers make the same as 40-year drivers.
If they would've started the new driver at top rate then drivers at the top rate would feel like they got screwed. That scenario is more accurate imo.

I didn't sit in the negotiations but everyone we talk to said that $13 was not enough $ to retain hourly in the hubs and barely worth it in the extended centers for the work that's required. If they'd add insurance in 90 days it's closer to being applicable but I think bumping the folks up to $15/hr that aren't at that wage yet would've helped slow the griping.

People gonna gripe no matter what.

If I agreed to come to work at a certain wage and then the contract got better for new hires down the road then I should be mature enough to say "it's about time" and be thankful.

Very few part time jobs come with free insurance and less than a few cover your whole family.

Nimnim

The Nim
I've heard people who are making $12 now complain that they will only be making as much as new hires. That does seem like they're getting hosed when you look only at the pay rate. But then again 4-year drivers make the same as 40-year drivers. The money is just part of the deal - you also gain benefits, pension credit, vacation weeks and the seniority to pick your work and bid on better jobs. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that's a big part of what the contract is supposed to protect - rewarding people for their years of service.

If all PTers had a progression like those that go FT does then no one would complain. If a FTer who put 10 years in and everyone who started after them all made less than them, because of the starting rate and raises without a progression that included top out, until this contract and suddenly a new hire is right behind them because the starting wage increased then it does suck. Make it a scaled progression where EVERYONE in the classification ends up at the same point and rises together or put a catch-up in there for the senior people to go along at, at least, the same rate the new rates go.

Tony Q

Would like to have seen 1.00 catch up over the gwi.
The PT pension increase is only $5 per year.
I think that 22.4's are a mistake. We will have to wait and see how they are used.
No new 22.3 jobs and no protection that current 22.3 jobs will stay 22.3.
The 22.3 jobs from the existing contracts all the way back to 97 when Ron Carey started the two tier wage for full timers are all intact.

The part time pension of 65 dollars a year is unmatched in any job period.

Tony Q

How convenient.
Can"t a guy get a day off? Its not like I wasn't doing my day job. For people who want to rag on me so much and tell me "let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya" I sure do take some heat if I don't leave, but take a few days to attend to more important pressing matters. Typical members.