Tentative Agreement is now Available

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
If they want to spread 5 days worth of volume over 6 or even 7 days, they need to spread it EVENLY so regardless of what FULLTIME classification is delivering it everyone is guaranteed FULLTIME hours! And that should be language

Joman

So there’s no recourse for a one day a week Monday morning layoff? That is NOT a 40 hour guarantee!!!!
This is my concern as well. As far as I understand the layoff status is weekly. Single days don't count as layoff that is why the record it scheduled off. Am I correct? If they put us on schedule to drive it has to be for 5 continual days and guaranteed 40 hours. Right? So the "if work is available" is confusing.

clean hairy

If you don't work on Monday you bump in for the week, hence the 40 hours. You might not like it but it is 40 hours from there.
Here is what I believe I read, or something close to it.
"When reporting for work each day, there will be 8 hours per day, for a 40 hour week providing work is available" Again, something along those lines.
Scenerio:
A high seniority driver cones into work 1 day and is told "Your route only has 7 hours of work, that is all that is available for your route today"
BUT, the lower seniority driver right next to him (or her) has 8.5 hours scheduled for their route.
The high seniority driver gets less hours that day than the less senior driver?

Nimnim

The Nim
If you aren't guaranteed to work for the week I would bump into the building and get my 40 this way. By doing this you will be unavailable at their beckon call. They will learn. If they do not let you d this I would grieve it.

The way I'm reading things is there's not enough work available on Monday so RPCD bumps into the building to get their time, but doing that prevents them from having enough time off to be able to drive on Tuesday so then they keep bumping into the building for the week to get their hours but don't drive. At the same time we now have 22.4s that work Tues-Sat and Wed-Sun who are not required by the language to work inside and instead work a full PC dispatch without 9.5 protection at a lesser rate than the RPCD and since they'll work on the weekend doing the same then the situation starts again on Monday when the RCPD is told the work is not available week after week.

Edit: I don't see this possibility as the norm but just the fact it can exist should be a huge VOTE NO flag.

Tony Q

The way I'm reading things is there's not enough work available on Monday so RPCD bumps into the building to get their time, but doing that prevents them from having enough time off to be able to drive on Tuesday so then they keep bumping into the building for the week to get their hours but don't drive. At the same time we now have 22.4s that work Tues-Sat and Wed-Sun who are not required by the language to work inside and instead work a full PC dispatch without 9.5 protection at a lesser rate than the RPCD and since they'll work on the weekend doing the same then the situation starts again on Monday when the RCPD is told the work is not available week after week.

Edit: I don't see this possibility as the norm but just the fact it can exist should be a huge VOTE NO flag.
It will be addressed in your supplemental language.

Tony Q

Here is what I believe I read, or something close to it.
"When reporting for work each day, there will be 8 hours per day, for a 40 hour week providing work is available" Again, something along those lines.
Scenerio:
A high seniority driver cones into work 1 day and is told "Your route only has 7 hours of work, that is all that is available for your route today"
BUT, the lower seniority driver right next to him (or her) has 8.5 hours scheduled for their route.
The high seniority driver gets less hours that day than the less senior driver?
EVERYONE is guaranteed 40 hours. 8 hours a day.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
They must be expecting/hoping for a huge partime voter turnout salivating over theses 22.4 jobs because what current driver in there right mind would ever consider voting yes for this mess.

Tony Q

They must be expecting/hoping for a huge partime voter turnout salivating over theses 22.4 jobs because what current driver in there right mind would ever consider voting yes for this mess.
Part Timers won't vote in mass. They never do. Even will voting by phone or their computer, they still won't do it.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Everyone is guaranteed 40 hours a week. If work is not available you have the option of bumping Into 1 or 2 part time shifts.
Was that so hard. Thank you. Now I have another question.

If I show up to my shift as scheduled. 830 a.m. Monday morning. There happens to be no work available for me. How do I bump into 2 shifts. Preload is already over. I can only bump into twighlight.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

If I show up to my shift as scheduled. 830 a.m. Monday morning. There happens to be no work available for me. How do I bump into 2 shifts. Preload is already over. I can only bump into twighlight.

that was already asked and answered. sorta. ya dont. ya need to bump onto the twi or preload for the week on monday morning when you get laid off to somehow get your 40 hours otherwise take a dead day on monday and drive tuesday thru friday while the 22.4 drives tuesday thru saturday with no dead day

Tony Q

If they schedule you to work they owe you eight hours. So let’s rephrase it if they scheduled you to work can you come in then they owe you.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
that was already asked and answered. sorta. ya dont. ya need to bump onto the twi or preload for the week on monday morning when you get laid off to somehow get your 40 hours otherwise take a dead day on monday and drive tuesday thru friday while the 22.4 drives tuesday thru saturday with no dead day

If they schedule you to work they owe you eight hours. So let’s rephrase it if they scheduled you to work can you come in then they owe you.

So ups is gonna pay me top driver rate to unload trailers?