Tentative Agreement is now Available

Nimnim

The Nim
It will be addressed in your supplemental language.

I fail to see why this should even be covered by supplemental language. Regional and location based issues are more appropriate for supplement, far reaching issues like this demand to be covered in the national.

Tony Q

I fail to see why this should even be covered by supplemental language. Regional and location based issues are more appropriate for supplement, far reaching issues like this demand to be covered in the national.
I think you just answered your own question.

Nimnim

The Nim
I think you just answered your own question.

Did I ask a question?

I'm pretty sure I said this kind of language should be handled in the national and not the supplements as this is an issue with a larger scope than regional or local language should handle.

You can try to act like you know more than you let on and are just directing people in directions with your answers, but all you're showing is you don't know anything more than the rest of us, but you're towing the line of someone above to influence people to vote yes. Were this not a concession filled contract with language full of holes you probably would have an easier time and could convince people who do more than look at the highlights instead of the language itself.

Or you're just a troll, and you're lucky that I'm not a person who blocks people so I'll still read what you post.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

i agree that this is some heavy language for supplements and should be in the initial language that creates a new classification. regardless, in my opinion these are the top issues that need strong black and white language in your supplement.

current RPCD
1. protection of the guaranteed 8 hour day and 40 hour week
2. protection of start times past 9:30
3. able to opt out of the proposed automatic addition to the 9.5 list and maintain your overtime.

proposed 22.4
1. either allowed to opt in to 9.5 or double time after 50 hours
2. protected start times from huge fluctuations day to day or week to week

Tony Q

Did I ask a question?

I'm pretty sure I said this kind of language should be handled in the national and not the supplements as this is an issue with a larger scope than regional or local language should handle.

You can try to act like you know more than you let on and are just directing people in directions with your answers, but all you're showing is you don't know anything more than the rest of us, but you're towing the line of someone above to influence people to vote yes. Were this not a concession filled contract with language full of holes you probably would have an easier time and could convince people who do more than look at the highlights instead of the language itself.

Or you're just a troll, and you're lucky that I'm not a person who blocks people so I'll still read what you post.
Whatever you do, I am okay with it.

542thruNthru

EVERYONE is guaranteed 40 hours. 8 hours a day.

I became a FT driver to "drive". Not do a split shift in the building so some lower seniority 22.4 can drive instead.

Sorry but it's BS. I did my 9 years of in the building the only reason I should ever go back is if UPS is doing bad and needs to lay off drivers.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Just an update that my center pushed out the easiest Saturday I have ever seen. Volume was pushed hard on Friday and also advanced to Monday to leave as much dead space as possible.

No other reason than to convince people that 22.4 on saturdays are easy. I suppose

Tony Q

I became a FT driver to "drive". Not do a split shift in the building so some lower seniority 22.4 can drive instead.

Sorry but it's BS. I did my 9 years of in the building the only reason I should ever go back is if UPS is doing bad and needs to lay off drivers.
You shouldn't have to go back into the building. I doubt this is an option, but I think you already know that.

542thruNthru

You shouldn't have to go back into the building. I doubt this is an option, but I think you already know that.

Personally I know I won't but I believe some lower seniority FT drivers will probably have to fight for their hours. Everywhere is different of course but one thing holds true everywhere. If UPS can take advantage of something, they will.

Just one more thing the company will try to be sneaky on that I'll have to keep track of. I'm getting sick of constantly having to watch the sleight of hand tricks the company does that our union seems to deem our responsibility to watch for. Yet they are the ones leaving the loopholes open.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
If they cut our route say on Monday can we bump a hybrid driver that will work a Saturday? If that makes sense.. not that I would but curious if it’s possible because I’m not going into the building.

Superteeth2478

If they cut our route say on Monday can we bump a hybrid driver that will work a Saturday? If that makes sense.. not that I would but curious if it’s possible because I’m not going into the building.
Probably not, because they are on Tuesday-Saturday schedules. That's the rub about the language for the 22.4s. M-friend drivers will be able to work on Saturdays and Sundays if they are short-staffed, but other than that, I wouldn't think they'd be able to bump combination drivers from their regular schedule. Their 8-hour guarantee language doesn't have the "as long as work is available" part...the company knows exactly what it was doing putting that language in specifically for the RPCDs. Now, the RPCD guarantee is basically for 32 hours a week. They say that there is language to prevent 22.4s from working when an RPCD is laid off, but the most likely day that they'll be laying off RPCDs will be on Mondays, and no 22.4s will likely be working on Monday, since they aren't scheduled to work on Mondays anyways. So basically, that protection from layoffs for RPCDs isn't really protection from layoffs at all.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

Did I ask a question?

Have a beer charm. Feel more enlightened bro?
It makes everything ok.

F

Frankie's Friend

Ask @BigUnionGuy . He may work thru PayPal but he wont answer a question with a queston...

and then tell you you're butt hurt.

M

MenInBrown

It’s pretty clear what UPS is doing. Thus the language stating what cannot be upended by the supplements.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Only 22.4 are guaranteed 8 hours in the master. Supplements can't supersede that language. So if they are tues-sat then you cannot bump them.

Box Ox

Just an update that my center pushed out the easiest Saturday I have ever seen. Volume was pushed hard on Friday and also advanced to Monday to leave as much dead space as possible.

No other reason than to convince people that 22.4 on saturdays are easy. I suppose

Certainly a smarter move than their sending of idiots to try and talk like drivers and peddle fake information on BC.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Talking to my union steward this morning and he did not know that a abstent vote is a yes vote. Iv read somewhere that if you don’t vote it’s a yes vote for the contract. That is correct right?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Talking to my union steward this morning and he did not know that a abstent vote is a yes vote. Iv read somewhere that if you don’t vote it’s a yes vote for the contract. That is correct right?

You guys are taking it way too literal. Refer to this post for some good explanations why it's important to vote and what not voting does for the majority.

Western Supplement?