Tentative Agreement is now Available

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
7DD2FCFD-EBE1-4CF3-BC20-B01825F7A4FF.gif
You guys are taking it way too literal. Refer to this post for some good explanations why it's important to vote and what not voting does for the majority.

Western Supplement?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
I just don't want us to get divided by a somewhat true strong statement. :teethy:

It's something you don't want to bring up to a stewart or BA in case they take it the wrong way especially if they don't understand the metaphor. If they get it they get it, if they don't you might take crap for it.

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What is the question? I see 32,000 new posts at the top of my computer. I cant go through all those. I already looked at the members proposals last year.
Was a single one of them asking for a discounted driver that offers layoffs to current drivers? Just curious. Asking for a friend.

wide load

The 22.3 jobs from the existing contracts all the way back to 97 when Ron Carey started the two tier wage for full timers are all intact.

The part time pension of 65 dollars a year is unmatched in any job period.
Didn’t it technically start with article 40?

Tony Q

this contract will go down
Whatever happens will happen. If the members vote it down I think we should strike them. I'm ready. Waiting 9 months so you can ratify a contract is a waste of time. Shutting down the whole thing for how ever long it takes is the best option. This will give everyone an idea of what the members overwhelmingly and ultimately want. Close up shop around October and let the chips fall where they may. Since we already voted overwhelmingly for a strike authorization this would be the next logical step. I know that I votes for a strike authorization.

Tony Q

Yes. Because like you my judgement was clouded. The only difference is that I have the balls to admit it.
What about the last contract were you clouded on in the last contract?

And to make this clear, it takes zero balls to admit anything here. Lets face it, this is fantasy island.

wide load

What about the last contract were you clouded on in the last contract?

And to make this clear, it takes zero balls to admit anything here. Lets face it, this is fantasy island.
A little bit. I learned in the last contract that some of the improvements that were tried to be made were still exploited by UPS. In the big difference in this contract is that those exploitations are ultra visible.

Tony Q

A little bit. I learned in the last contract that some of the improvements that were tried to be made were still exploited by UPS. In the big difference in this contract is that those exploitations are ultra visible.
How did you feel about the whole healthcare issue. From some of your posts it didn't affect you, so you were okay with it. How do you feel five years later knowing it still affects you and I assume you are still okay with this, but now being addimidtally apposed to another issue.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Whatever happens will happen. If the members vote it down I think we should strike them. I'm ready. Waiting 9 months so you can ratify a contract is a waste of time. Shutting down the whole thing for how ever long it takes is the best option. This will give everyone an idea of what the members overwhelmingly and ultimately want. Close up shop around October and let the chips fall where they may. Since we already voted overwhelmingly for a strike authorization this would be the next logical step. I know that I votes for a strike authorization.
I don’t agree on striking them yet.... take it back to the table and let them fix some of the language.... let the company know that people want changes.... have to give them a chance to fix some of the language but warn them this is their one do over.....make it a good one

ManInBrown

So you consider a union member that will be a hybrid driver a second class citizen? Go on tell me more..
Do you not understand? I used that exact term talking to another feeder driver yesterday. They’re trying to divide the ranks. Being paid differently than the driver next to you, while you’re in progression is fine. That’s the rules. But to hit full rate and you’re making 6 or 7 bucks an hour less than someone else while you’re doing the same job is complete BS. That’s a second class citizen. VOTE NO