Tentative Agreement is now Available

Tony Q

I don’t agree on striking them yet.... take it back to the table and let them fix some of the language.... let the company know that people want changes.... have to give them a chance to fix some of the language but warn them this is their one do over.....make it a good one
I think when you overwhelmingly vote to strike and if you vote this contract down because the majority of the members think is sucks, your next move is to strike them. You authorized it. I for one am ready to see the strike happen.

upschuck

Talking to my union steward this morning and he did not know that a abstent vote is a yes vote. Iv read somewhere that if you don’t vote it’s a yes vote for the contract. That is correct right?
I think what you saw was for the NE pension cut vote, maybe?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How did you feel about the whole healthcare issue. From some of your posts it didn't affect you, so you were okay with it. How do you feel five years later knowing it still affects you and I assume you are still okay with this, but now being addimidtally apposed to another issue.
My outlook on the healthcare is different than others only because here in NE we have always had union run healthcare. I can now at least understand the others outrage. The big Question is if there will be healthcare improvement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I think when you overwhelmingly vote to strike and if you vote this contract down because the majority of the members think is sucks, your next move is to strike them. You authorized it. I for one am ready to see the strike happen.
In 1997 didn’t UPS say they wanted to have a last chance meeting with Ron Carey before the strike happen, but we struck anyway??? I wonder if we would have got more than we did or would ups have thrown us a couple of scraps to see if we would have taken them.....

Tony Q

My outlook on the healthcare is different than others only because here in NE we have always had union run healthcare. I can now at least understand the others outrage. The big Question is if there will be healthcare improvement.
There were certain members in Teamcare who have better coverage that others. Part timers who have better coverage than Full timers. The ones in the lesser plan will be brought up in line with everybody. There will be improvements to everyone as a whole as well, buts thats to be determined by Teamcare. I think this information will be put out at the Two Man meeting. Because the internet is written in ink is the reason I am asking you why you were such a strong yes vote in the last contract and now you are a vote no guy. In my opinion, it didn't affect you so you were very hard on certain individuals. Now you act as thought you are on some kind of crusade. It will be exposed at a later date that one of your lead negotiators did something very shady with the contribution toward your healthcare that he didn't and wouldn't do for others in his own region. This is not going to look very good for him. This is know on a small scale right now, but will be big news soon. I for one won't be able to stomach Fred being okay with this happening once it gets out in the light of day. I also don't think TDU can look the other way either. There will be a storm coming. Thank you for answering my questions, brother @Wideload.

Tony Q

In 1997 didn’t UPS say they wanted to have a last chance meeting with Ron Carey before the strike happen, but we struck anyway??? I wonder if we would have got more than we did or would ups have thrown us a couple of scraps to see if we would have taken them.....
They wanted out of the central states pension fund, which in hindsight would have been a smart move. We used part time America as the smoke screen. It was all about the pension. Everyone knew with trucking deregulation and all the Teamster companies dropping like flies it was doomed. Carey knew if he let UPS out he would be doomed in the next election. Brother it was all politics, just like it is now.

upschuck

There were certain members in Teamcare who have better coverage that others. Part timers who have better coverage than Full timers. The ones in the lesser plan will be brought up in line with everybody. There will be improvements to everyone as a whole as well, buts thats to be determined by Teamcare. I think this information will be put out at the Two Man meeting. Because the internet is written in ink is the reason I am asking you why you were such a strong yes vote in the last contract and now you are a vote no guy. In my opinion, it didn't affect you so you were very hard on certain individuals. Now you act as thought you are on some kind of crusade. It will be exposed at a later date that one of your lead negotiators did something very shady with the contribution toward your healthcare that he didn't and wouldn't do for others in his own region. This is not going to look very good for him. This is know on a small scale right now, but will be big news soon. I for one won't be able to stomach Fred being okay with this happening once it gets out in the light of day. I also don't think TDU can look the other way either. There will be a storm coming. Thank you for answering my questions, brother @Wideload.
From an outside viewer, his whole attitude changed with the ousting of O.

wide load

Did he keep the money? And why would the international sit on all this information for 5 years? I actually know the answer and what your talking about, but have you ever heard the term “mountain out of a molehill”?

Tony Q

Did he keep the money? And why would the international sit on all this information for 5 years? I actually know the answer and what your talking about, but have you ever heard the term “mountain out of a molehill”?
When its put out in the open for everyone to see, and people see that he gained as others lost, and was okay with it then we will indeed see. There are a lot in the central who will be made aware of this very soon and they can be the judge. He will also have to explain to his own members why he cant get more this time because he made his own little carve out for only his people and not everyone in his region. I can tell yo this. If Fred is okay with how that all shook out, then he isn't the man I thought he is. We will see in a couple weeks.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Thats more than I can say for the people who made up their mind 18 months ago.

WTF are you talking about. NOBODY WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT THE CONTRACT A YEAR AND A HALF AGO, BOT EVEN OUR "NEGOTIATORS"!

What about the last contract were you clouded on in the last contract?

How about being told, "the company wants the change in the healthcare" when it was 100% the union wanting those dollars! Or my favorite, "its just as good!"

Were you in favor of the last contract. Just asking for a friend.
Would that friend be Abney or Hoffa?

wide load

When its put out in the open for everyone to see, and people see that he gained as others lost, and was okay with it then we will indeed see. There are a lot in the central who will be made aware of this very soon and they can be the judge. He will also have to explain to his own members why he cant get more this time because he made his own little carve out for only his people and not everyone in his region. I can tell yo this. If Fred is okay with how that all shook out, then he isn't the man I thought he is. We will see in a couple weeks.
Can’t wait! I have some stuff too. But mine has to do with election tampering by the incumbents. Thanks Jimmy!

wide load

Instead of getting on Sean’s case because he got us an extra .25 for his supplement, maybe you should be mad at the person that couldn’t get that for you. His job is to negotiate for his people. His people are under the NE supplement. Crazy idea but can you imagine if Sean negotiated the NMA?? Oh yeah I forgot, he wasn’t allowed to do that. I wonder what the real reason was (I actually know)?

5habits100

Can’t wait! I have some stuff too. But mine has to do with election tampering by the incumbents. Thanks Jimmy!
Wasn't Sean an incumbent with Jimmy?

The answer is yes. He was fine with Jimmy until Jimmy held him accountable. You know what Sean tells you. Maybe there is more to it than that.

I do think Sean will be the next GP but lets not BS each other and act like you were in the office with Jimmy and Sean when things went down.

wide load

Wasn't Sean an incumbent with Jimmy?

The answer is yes. He was fine with Jimmy until Jimmy held him accountable. You know what Sean tells you. Maybe there is more to it than that.

I do think Sean will be the next GP but lets not BS each other and act like you were in the office with Jimmy and Sean when things went down.
I can only base it on what I see. Jimmy owes UPS. UPS owns Jimmy. Sean tried to unite Jimmys opposition. Sean mentioned the words Ron Carey in front of local 804. Two weeks later, sean was let go. Politics is king. Eyes are wide open.

5habits100

I can only base it on what I see. Jimmy owes UPS. UPS owns Jimmy. Sean tried to unite Jimmys opposition. Sean mentioned the words Ron Carey in front of local 804. Two weeks later, sean was let go. Politics is king. Eyes are wide open.
And you don't see everything. Sean is a politician also. He did what he did for political gain. He got suspended because of your video. He was accused of threatening people at the convention. He MF'd Z and now a few short months later they are hugging. You see it and you know it. He will be the next GP if he is smart about things. This contract for his own political gain is BS and several people feel the same way about that. He needs to be smarter than that.

Tony Q

We all have stuff like that, why'd you wait on it?

Remember this. An old dog that has nothing to lose and isn't actively seeking re-election and is known for being one of the most ruthless mother truckers around is going to have a lot more ammunition than a 45 year old man who has been drinking and talking to everyone for years now and was one of the lead henchmen for the hoffa all along. He has at least 10 years of a resume where everyone who is anyone knows he did things for hoffa. Don't forget this.

wide load

And you don't see everything. Sean is a politician also. He did what he did for political gain. He got suspended because of your video. He was accused of threatening people at the convention. He MF'd Z and now a few short months later they are hugging. You see it and you know it. He will be the next GP if he is smart about things. This contract for his own political gain is BS and several people feel the same way about that. He needs to be smarter than that.
You think this is a great contract?

wide load

We all have stuff like that, why'd you wait on it?

Remember this. An old dog that has nothing to lose and isn't actively seeking re-election and is known for being one of the most ruthless mother truckers around is going to have a lot more ammunition than a 45 year old man who has been drinking and talking to everyone for years now and was one of the lead henchmen for the hoffa all along. He has at least 10 years of a resume where everyone who is anyone knows he did things for hoffa. Don't forget this.
I didn’t know cases could be reopened. I thought it was settled. But I guess not. I only wish that “ruthless MF’r” would be that way against the company.

Tony Q

Instead of getting on Sean’s case because he got us an extra .25 for his supplement, maybe you should be mad at the person that couldn’t get that for you. His job is to negotiate for his people. His people are under the NE supplement. Crazy idea but can you imagine if Sean negotiated the NMA?? Oh yeah I forgot, he wasn’t allowed to do that. I wonder what the real reason was (I actually know)?
I find it funny that you think it is only .25 cents and that it only affected what you were told it affected. Remember this, Sean was the number two guy for the entire 2013 UPS contract. So anything that was wrong with it he gave a seal of approval, and signed sealed and delivered. He was with Hoffa on EVERYTHING, and all the anger from this last contract wasn't Hogfa, Dance Hall, but the munchkin from OZ as well. I can't wait to see how the Real President of the United States of Teamsters, Fred Z plays this one out.