Terminated before making union

In a right to work state the Union has to represent you if you are in a bargaining unit position. I have seen several probationary employees appeal their DQ and given another chance at qualifying or reversed the DQ.

To be canned in this climate of peak-like volume, understaffing, underhiring, and lazy sups not wanting to train.... you must have been really bad.
We don't have any supervisors to train any people. They're all out of state trying to bail out the centers that are way behind.
The last new driver we had, the center manager had to go out and train him on the route

I would have paid money to see that.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
In a right to work state the Union has to represent you if you are in a bargaining unit position. I have seen several probationary employees appeal their DQ and given another chance at qualifying or reversed the DQ.
I live in a RTW state and you can be let go without any reason while you’re in your 30. All a RTW state does is requires the union to represent you whether you are paying dues or not AFTER you made seniority.

I live in a RTW state and you can be let go without any reason while you’re in your 30. All a RTW state does is requires the union to represent you whether you are paying dues or not AFTER you made seniority.
No the company must have a legitimate reason for not qualifying a person. Otherwise you could have a discrimination lawsuit and I have seen the Union help probationary drivers get another chance at qualifying.

AwashBwashCwash

They're probably just hiring a bunch of people to deal with the volume and then disqualifying them for bogus reasons before they have to commit to them.
Use them up for a couple weeks, then fire them, then bring the next batch in.
I'm sure management had a good laugh over this one.

"And then....I told him...*slaps knee* ...he was terminated for getting a cup of coffee!!"

It's probably like a power fantasy for these guys. You're like a Freudian substitution for all the drivers they fantasize about firing but can't.

clean hairy

Op in the first post was more interested in stealing time making coffee.
Instead, should have been more interested in making the 30 day seniority.
I doubt making coffee was in the job description....

And I really doubt if making coffee was the real reason they DQed him. More like he was marginal and would not get any better in someones opinion or a potential safety hazard sometime down the road.

Lol wow do you guys hear yourself? I’m trying to steal 2 minutes of company time by pouring myself a cup of coffee? It makes me less of an efficient worker because of a cup of coffee?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Lol wow do you guys hear yourself? I’m trying to steal 2 minutes of company time by pouring myself a cup of coffee? It makes me less of an efficient worker because of a cup of coffee?
We can't hear each other on the interwebs
giphy.gif

Usually cut the new guys some slack just because they are new and we need bodies now. Must be more to the story then just grabbing a cup of coffee on the clock. UPS can always find a reason to get rid of you later after Peak is over.