Terminated before making union

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol wow do you guys hear yourself? I’m trying to steal 2 minutes of company time by pouring myself a cup of coffee? It makes me less of an efficient worker because of a cup of coffee?

You obviously don’t know who you’re dealing with

The same folks that couldn’t be bothered with minutes as a measurement of time

35years

Gravy route
Lol wow do you guys hear yourself? I’m trying to steal 2 minutes of company time by pouring myself a cup of coffee? It makes me less of an efficient worker because of a cup of coffee?
Do you hear yourself?
You are trying to qualify for a job that pays $110,000 plus $30,000 in benefits and you figure you can leisurely pour yourself a cup on company time?

The supervisor even warned you to pick it up.
Bust your ass for 30 days like everyone else did.

You are not UPS material.
Fed-Ex is hiring
il_570xN.1898070550_9a1u.jpg

Do you hear yourself?
You are trying to qualify for a job that pays $110,000 plus $30,000 in benefits and you figure you can leisurely pour yourself a cup on company time?

The supervisor even warned you to pick it up.
Bust your ass for 30 days like everyone else did.

You are not UPS material.
Fed-Ex is hiring
View attachment 299984
Lol $110,000? With the pay I’m getting right now I’m not even making half of that. They’re gonna preach about walk don’t run and then completely switch it up and want you to deliver 300 packages alone in a 7 hour time frame? God forbid I take a water break too when it’s an oven in the truck. Or is that a violation of wasting time?

35years

Gravy route
Lol $110,000? With the pay I’m getting right now I’m not even making half of that. They’re gonna preach about walk don’t run and then completely switch it up and want you to deliver 300 packages alone in a 7 hour time frame? God forbid I take a water break too when it’s an oven in the truck. Or is that a violation of wasting time?
Yep
You get it done, period.
That is the way it is at UPS.
You don't understand that, so they fired you.

Well kudos to you. Maybe if they were paying me 6 figures to do this I’d try harder and run with the packages. But for barely above minimum wage..why would I put my body at risk. If they wanted me to throw packages like FedEx to get it done they could’ve said so.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Aaaaaaaaand now the truth comes out.

I not going to disagree with your statements, but during tryouts you are supposed to show and prove why you should be put on the team.

You did not do that.

Aaaaaaaaand now the truth comes out.

I not going to disagree with your statements, but during tryouts you are supposed to show and prove why you should be put on the team.

You did not do that.
But I did try. It wasn’t like I was always behind. There were days I finished early and was sent to help another driver. And the days I was running behind I came back maybe just half an hour later than the time they expected. But that’s when they loaded up my truck with 2 more streets that I’ve never been on and I was new to the area. You guys are pinning me to be this lazy dude just casually walking to do my deliveries. I’ve had 20 packages for an apartment building and my supervisor wanted me to drop each one at the door. There’s only so much I can do with a time restraint. And at the end of the day I’m still not trying hard enough? Sheesh I’d like to see them do it. We’re all human cut us some slack.

35years

Gravy route
But I did try. It wasn’t like I was always behind. There were days I finished early and was sent to help another driver. And the days I was running behind I came back maybe just half an hour later than the time they expected. But that’s when they loaded up my truck with 2 more streets that I’ve never been on and I was new to the area. You guys are pinning me to be this lazy dude just casually walking to do my deliveries. I’ve had 20 packages for an apartment building and my supervisor wanted me to drop each one at the door. There’s only so much I can do with a time restraint. And at the end of the day I’m still not trying hard enough? Sheesh I’d like to see them do it. We’re all human cut us some slack.
Well, we can only go by your words. Which included being told to pick up the pace, getting coffee on company time, and not wanting to go all out for a low paying job.

Understand we all had to qualify. Running was the only way. Some would come in an hour before start time to set up their truck off the clock. All of us looked for ways to shave a couple of seconds off every stop.

That is the attitude it takes to make it as a UPS driver. I had 5 friends try to make it at UPS, none could hack it. Two became drivers for FedEx and a different firm.

It is a different company than others. Only the most dedicated make it.

Just showing up on time and kind of trying is not good enough. Every second counts. A half an hour late is not going to cut it.

Sorry that's the way it is. No one is cut slack. Try 70 hours at below zero temps and icy roads in a snowstorm with no navigation on a route you have never done. You have not scratched the surface of difficult days.

Last edited:

clean hairy

Try keeping your story straight.
In your first post, you were making coffee, now you were pouring a cup of coffee and it took 2 min to do? Most anyone can pour a cup of coffe in a matter of seconds...

11.19igrad

Well, we can only go by your words. Which included being told to pick up the pace, getting coffee on company time, and not wanting to go all out for a low paying job.

Understand we all had to qualify. Running was the only way. Some would come in an hour before start time to set up their truck off the clock. All of us looked for ways to shave a couple of seconds off every stop.

That is the attitude it takes to make it as a UPS driver. I had 5 friends try to make it at UPS, none could hack it. Two became drivers for FedEx and a different firm.

It is a different company than others. Only the most dedicated make it.

Just showing up on time and kind of trying is not good enough. Every second counts. A half an hour late is not going to cut it.

Sorry that's the way it is. No one is cut slack. Try 70 hours at below zero temps and icy roads in a snowstorm with no navigation on a route you have never done. You have not scratched the surface of difficult days.
I really can’t even begin to fathom. I think the company hiding the realities old timers faced as drivers from the new drivers really is a disgrace to both. We wear the same browns but one group has no idea what the other has gone thru to wear them. The company is in the practice of deception for cheap, revolving & disposable labor now. In some ways the company is following society’s downward trend. But in others, the company seems simply indifferent to the ways in which technology could produce much more efficient, well trained and safe drivers. the days of a hunger games contest need to end. It’s made enough billions on the backs of incredibly dedicated people.

11.19igrad

You didn’t pop out of your mother with a diad.
youre fired.
Only ups drivers make six figures a year.
People with degrees and skills have to slave all day in nice offices wearing nice clothes.
what’s wrong with you.

end of wire transcript

You didn’t pop out of your mother with a diad.
youre fired.
Only ups drivers make six figures a year.
People with degrees and skills have to slave all day in nice offices wearing nice clothes.
what’s wrong with you.

end of wire transcript
I sure as hell wasnt making 6 figures. Heck, I wasn’t even making 50k.

Try keeping your story straight.
In your first post, you were making coffee, now you were pouring a cup of coffee and it took 2 min to do? Most anyone can pour a cup of coffe in a matter of seconds...
I said I made myself a cup of coffee. Why would I sit and boil a pot of coffee?

rocket man

I was hired as a combo driver and have been driving solo for the last 2 weeks. One supervisor says I need to pick up the pace and another says I’m doing a good job. Today the supervisor tells me I’m terminated because 1. this morning I went to make a cup of coffee in the terminal during company time, 2. that when the supervisor came to talk to me this morning, I seemed bothered by him, and 3. I showed no improvement on my pace. I’m in shock because I’ve always showed up on time and delivered as fast as I can with the surplus of packages during the pandemic. Can I appeal the termination? Do I have any hope since I haven’t made Union yet? I also feel like they’re targeting me because the guy I was in Integrad with comes back to the terminal the same time as I do but doesn’t get :censored2: for it like I do. Please advise
if you made your union book or not you can write a grievance you do work for the company and the union will protect you get your job back don't sign anything with the company and find a shop rap that has some balls you get your job back

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
if you made your union book or not you can write a grievance you do work for the company and the union will protect you get your job back don't sign anything with the company and find a shop rap that has some balls you get your job back
Not how that works.
BUG had it some posts up.
He's done.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Would of claimed that I was testing the brew to make sure it wasn’t poisoned before management got to it