Terminated before making union

rod

Retired 22 years
But you are able to work a lot smarter after 7 years!
If you started at 18, going driving at 25 puts you in a great job just as you gain the ability to use good judgment.
You might be rushing it by a few years. Most 25 year olds I know are still in the "bullet proof" stage. :-)

So is there steps to take for termination? I read there’s supposed to be some letter that I have to sign? I haven’t gotten anything yet. My upsers account is still active. When I try to apply for a different position on the ups site it won’t allow me to because it says I’m still an active employee at ups and to apply through upsers. On Thursday I’m supposed to go in and drop my uniforms off. So I guess after that it’s a wrap for me?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So is there steps to take for termination?

Technically, you were disqualified.

On Thursday I’m supposed to go in and drop my uniforms off. So I guess after that it’s a wrap for me?

Pretty much.

You could ask for a second chance, explaining you have had a some time to reflect on your experience.

The company evaluates people on whether they will be an asset.... or liability.

Good luck.

PT Car Washer

How many years you put in to get to a point where you feel like you can end it and have enough $ to live for the rest of your life?
Going to be different for each individual. Some can't get by on $150k/yr while others get by on $25k/yr. After a while you enjoy the work and the people you see everyday and would miss it.

D

Deleted member 77202

I was hired as a combo driver and have been driving solo for the last 2 weeks. One supervisor says I need to pick up the pace and another says I’m doing a good job. Today the supervisor tells me I’m terminated because 1. this morning I went to make a cup of coffee in the terminal during company time, 2. that when the supervisor came to talk to me this morning, I seemed bothered by him, and 3. I showed no improvement on my pace. I’m in shock because I’ve always showed up on time and delivered as fast as I can with the surplus of packages during the pandemic. Can I appeal the termination? Do I have any hope since I haven’t made Union yet? I also feel like they’re targeting me because the guy I was in Integrad with comes back to the terminal the same time as I do but doesn’t get :censored2: for it like I do. Please advise
Your termination had nothing to do with making a cup of coffee.

The guy you went to Integrad with is probably someone's son/grandson/nephew, and they're not going to get rid of him. That's my guess.

No, since you're not in the Union, you cannot appeal the decision.

11.19igrad

Technically, you were disqualified.

Pretty much.

You could ask for a second chance, explaining you have had a some time to reflect on your experience.

The company evaluates people on whether they will be an asset.... or liability.

Good luck.
Bob is ups. Bob is a liability. Bob doesn’t want another bob, he is already a Bob. Bob only wants a Tim because Tim is an Asset. Bob only wants magical Tims to appear. Bob doesn’t believe he is part of Tim becoming an asset. He just wants to open a pretty package get an instant asset!! Bob believes the world works this way. You don’t have to plant anything you just wish for food and it appears!