Termination for Off the Clock Harassment

W

What The Hawk?

I can load. I never said I couldn't. I just said that I would stop the belt any time an over 70 came my way. They honestly could have just put me at the end of the belt and boom. I'd be on rollers and not messing up the people around me without a leg to stand on. but instead he got butt hurt that I would even dare predict turning off the belt vs committing to keeping it on at all costs and was oblivious to the fact that I have the paper trail to support me when I put my permanent wrist injury first. So he just started off being mad at me instead of getting facts. And I work my ass off. I don't pussyfoot around. If I don't have anything to do, I'm helping the people around me in their sections, including unloading trailers, loading trucks, dumping bags. I'm not crippled or disabled but if I have a bad wrist day and I'm on the load line, I am a liability and that's all I was trying to warn him and he got :censored2: and brought a witness with him to yell at me even though I had never spoke to him on the subject before and he was basing his judgement on word of mouth from the previous day which was a joke of a conversation between me and a supervisor.
Well do you have a doctors note saying what your permanent limitations are?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was "on the clock" but we registered our hours by writing on a piece of paper because it was the first day that the center was open so i wasn't technically electronically punched in. But I was at work and working before it happened. I had already logged into computers for DAs and stuff
By that logic, we didn't have to pay you for the day, because you really weren't on the clock, since it wasn't electronic.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I just said that I would stop the belt any time an over 70 came my way.
Which you shouldn't be doing.
They honestly could have just put me at the end of the belt and boom. I'd be on rollers and not messing up the people around me without a leg to stand on.
So the problem is actually you didn't get to work where you wanted. WAD.
the fact that I have the paper trail to support me when I put my permanent wrist injury first.
Alright then, you won't be able to return to work until a doctor gives you a note clearing you fully. We can't let someone who isn't up to par work everyday, it's unsafe for you and a liability to the company.
And I work my ass off.
I've never met someone who claims to be the hardest worker actually be one.
If I don't have anything to do, I'm helping the people around me in their sections, including unloading trailers, loading trucks, dumping bags.
Maybe if you focused on your work area you wouldn't need to shut down the belt so much.
I'm not crippled or disabled but if I have a bad wrist day
It sounds to me maybe you aren't 100% and need to stay at home until you heal up completely.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Alright then, you won't be able to return to work until a doctor gives you a note clearing you fully. We can't let someone who isn't up to par work everyday, it's unsafe for you and a liability to the company.

Maybe if you focused on your work area you wouldn't need to shut down the belt so much.

It sounds to me maybe you aren't 100% and need to stay at home until you heal up completely.

Wow!

Now you're starting to post like me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It was a one time offense. If you've never been unprofessional at your job, good on you but I'm just not that amazing, and I admit that. I apologized to him for acting out and I owned up to everything I did wrong. It's no excuse but I did have two deaths in my family within a week before as well as turn my life around to live across the country so I wasn't necessarily on my best behavior. But you all still think I should have been fired with zero warnings or priors from a center I had never worked at without any orientation or anything just for cussing in front of someone that never identified themselves as a manager until reeming me about it? I still have my two years seniority. All I did was be normal around another human. I talked the way I would if I were in a grocery store. He just happened to be there. You don't have to like it but I doubt you actually believe it's firable?

I really just want to know how it can be considered off the clock harassment if I was on the clock and I wasn't directing it at him? Does anyone have any USEFUL resources for ways I can at least get the the suspension off my record? Or from over my head or whatever.

And we get it, I'm verbose and you have trouble reading. save yourself the hour it would take you to sound out the "tldr" joke. If i could give you back all the life you wasted on this post, I would. I am sincerely sorry that you can't figure out better ways to allocate your time.

Love your new username

Lmao!!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can actually understand why the manager was angry. We have this chick at my center who CRIED after day 3 of loading because she couldn't/didn't want to lift heavy packages, and now she does sure post and clerking, and she's only been there for 6 months. It angers me that they literally aid her and give her the easiest jobs at the center. They took a woman who has been working at UPS for 12 YEARS and removed her from clerking so this delicate flower wouldn't cry. Everyone else I've seen who can't load, ends up on the front end..and if you don't cut it there..you're gone. I'm working with a bent finger and still manage to pick up :censored2: over 100lbs.

I'm still reading you're post..so bear with me.

New girls banging somebody up the food chain

takesteady

UMMMMM

3) A supervisor CAN do work until the person sent to the job shows up. It's been like that forever. If a preloader doesn't show up, a PT sup usually has to pull the cages or belt until someone that's union replaces them. JUST BECAUSE THE GUY WAS SPLITTING THE BELT, HE WAS STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO GET THERE TO RELIEVE HIM. They are not going to stop the operation and belt. If the guy is doing that job all the time, then they are not properly staffed and YOU FILE A GRIEVANCE, NOT SWEAR IN FRONT OF THEM.

I agree with most of your points, but if I see some random security sup handling packages I'm definitely going to warn him or file a grievance. Hell no. Get another unionized employee to handle the work

542thruNthru

Nope. "Off the clock harassment" and I didn't leave anything out. Trust me, I got a lot of attitude and I know when I am the issue and I own up to it. I've been apologizing for it my whole life. This was actually not one of those times. I was mad in general, uninvolved guy got involved, I got fired for cussing and claiming freedom of speech. As if me claiming it insinuated that I had plans to torment him with my words to death or some other nonsense

Uh.... You were the issue.

Check your attitude at the door and do your job. No one wants your opinion on anything and if you want to give it go into management.

Sorry but you lost your cool and acted like a child. Threw a temper tantrum and then got smacked down by your boss.

I suggest you take this as a lesson. Keep your mouth shut and do your job. If you have a problem with some thing file a grievance. Also I think it will do you a lot of good to read your contract.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Why are you even replying to this bogus pile of crap.

She/he/it has so many hole in her/his/it's story, it's obvious she/he/it is just trying to get a rise out of us.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Wow!

Now you're starting to post like me.
66A0F69A-3CF1-4D5B-A222-046BE7198646.gif

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So you got hurt right outta the door working for UPS in Washington State...and you think you have limitations on what work you can do and you can say what ever you want cause of "freedom of speech". You know that does not apply to private companies right...

You need to shut your pie hole buttercup, either get with the program or move back to good ole washington state, sounds like they are short a tree hugger.

I hope you read Heffernan's posts because he is right. If you are looking for some compassion how about you take the entitlement stick out of your butt..it will take care of a lot of your personal issues.

By the way welcome to Brown Cafe and your new center.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Uh.... You were the issue.

Check your attitude at the door and do your job. No one wants your opinion on anything and if you want to give it go into management.

Sorry but you lost your cool and acted like a child. Threw a temper tantrum and then got smacked down by your boss.

I suggest you take this as a lesson. Keep your mouth shut and do your job. If you have a problem with some thing file a grievance. Also I think it will do you a lot of good to read your contract.
You just may be management material after all