Termination grievance

qdg2

It's possible.

Yep.

Where the OP is at in Michigan....

It would be Local Level, Michigan State Panel, Central Region JAC, and possibly JAC deadlock committee.

Usually not done on discharge cases.

If the Union takes a "hold" after the Local level.... the companies liability stops from that point forward. (back pay)

The purpose of (any) discipline, is to correct behavior. Not fire people.

Unless, it is a cardinal sin....
Words are cheap. Meaning, if a person is fired....they are fired. I believe your statement(has good intentions) is untrue. Because a person indeed lost their job. By definition......being fired is being fired. That is the purpose. It is not ambiguous in the least.

qdg2

Bull.

OP, just go test drive other enterprises, while you are on "vacation". UPS is not the end all, be all...

You might find that there really is no life under UPS's thumb, and the other side of the fence is very green...
It might be greener......it depends what your skills are, how much money do you have to get retrained or even trained or educated and then being able to endure the time taken to succeed. Super insurance and all the perks of UPS are hard to duplicate right away.

542thruNthru

Bunk. Starbucks offers the same benefits for part-timers.
Nope, starbucks don't cover the same as UPS for PTers.

This was sent to me by a part timer with the message "Thank God for the Teamsters or I'd have had to pay this. Instead it's $0."
sketch-1700691425510.jpg

It's cute though that you think Starbucks actually covers their Part Timers like that. Yes they get insurance if they work 20 hours a week but it ain't free or close to the coverage we get. Now tell me how Amazon has the same coverage as us also... lol

Thebrownblob

Nope, starbucks don't cover the same as UPS for PTers.

This was sent to me by a part timer with the message "Thank God for the Teamsters or I'd have had to pay this. Instead it's $0."
View attachment 455512

It's cute though that you think Starbucks actually covers their Part Timers like that. Yes they get insurance if they work 20 hours a week but it ain't free or close to the coverage we get. Now tell me how Amazon has the same coverage as us also... lol
I’ve got one with 2 million for a part-timer at ups thank God for the Teamsters Union. And I have also been involved in helping organize some Starbucks locations..