Termination

BrownStains

I know a driver that killed somebody’s dog as he was driving away it ran after the truck and was caught under the duals. Didn’t get fired or lose his job but I think he was charged for an accident .

trickpony1

At what point will management understand/conclude/accept the fact that dogs can move faster than UPS drivers and UPS trucks?

It isn't rocket science.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I’ll never understand why guys come here to get support or advice when they get fired. On top of that, post details about it. Management looks at this site. YOUR manager probably looks at this site. They know who you are now on here. And can go back and look at all your posts you’ve made. It might give them some ammo to use at panel… just sayin.
People who post their fired story here NEVER give all the details. It's almost impossible to help them if they don't give us ALL the info.

They only tell us half the story.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I was. Center manager road me for three days the first time I opted onto the 9.5, we argued about walking the stops off the entire first day. I refused, told him it wasn’t the methods. Shop steward told me the second day to work as directed and he would call the hall to figure out what to do. Second day I pulled in every driveway. Morning of thit’d day Stewie tells me they had a conference call and I’m good. If I feel more safe walking everything off go ahead. center manager never asked me to pull in driveways day 3. He had smoke coming out of his ears the entire day. A few months later my feeder transfer came in.
agree. This is how I got back into feeder after the 97 strike. They spent 2 weeks training me for package.Then did the routes as trained using the methods and they threw fits.

I was 41 years old and just ignored them.
Called me back into feeder relief.
Never looked back.

542thruNthru

agree. This is how I got back into feeder after the 97 strike. They spent 2 weeks training me for package.Then did the routes as trained using the methods and they threw fits.

I was 41 years old and just ignored them.
Called me back into feeder relief.
Never looked back.
You're so full of it! Lol

Non liberal

Hello, so I’m currently terminated from UPS after being loyal to the company for close to 10 years. Here is why (still fighting)

I delivered a package to a house with a longer driveway that had a circle drive. While pulling in a noticed two dogs running along side of the truck but nothing concerning. Proceeded to make the delivery. Closed both doors and windows (raining and cold that day). As I look in my left mirror I see one dog by my back rear driver side wheel but not too close to truck. Look in my left and see the other dog by garage. I take off and proceeded to my next delivery.

Two days later I get a call saying they are taking me out of service because I hit a dog and there is video proof of it. So they pull me off route at 2pm and tell me to talk to union rep. I didn’t sign anything or nor did they say I was terminated.

Fast forward the following week (last week) for the hearing and they had their minds up before the hearing even started. Everything I said or my union rep said they were not buying. (In the video when I start to pull off, the dog that was on my left rear sneaks up all the way around my front left tire, never making contact with it and that’s when it gets hung up and choked under the truck and then at the end you see the dog laying at the end of the driveway).

I will be traveling 5 hours to my next hearing to fight for my job but it’s pretty self explanatory and the video speaks for itself.

What do y’all think? Please be positive as possible as im still shook from the whole thing. (I’m a dog lover)

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for this.
Sounds like the dumb dogs fault to me. You can’t help they chase your truck. They should be on a leash.

Hello, so I’m currently terminated from UPS after being loyal to the company for close to 10 years. Here is why (still fighting)

I delivered a package to a house with a longer driveway that had a circle drive. While pulling in a noticed two dogs running along side of the truck but nothing concerning. Proceeded to make the delivery. Closed both doors and windows (raining and cold that day). As I look in my left mirror I see one dog by my back rear driver side wheel but not too close to truck. Look in my left and see the other dog by garage. I take off and proceeded to my next delivery.

Two days later I get a call saying they are taking me out of service because I hit a dog and there is video proof of it. So they pull me off route at 2pm and tell me to talk to union rep. I didn’t sign anything or nor did they say I was terminated.

Fast forward the following week (last week) for the hearing and they had their minds up before the hearing even started. Everything I said or my union rep said they were not buying. (In the video when I start to pull off, the dog that was on my left rear sneaks up all the way around my front left tire, never making contact with it and that’s when it gets hung up and choked under the truck and then at the end you see the dog laying at the end of the driveway).

I will be traveling 5 hours to my next hearing to fight for my job but it’s pretty self explanatory and the video speaks for itself.

What do y’all think? Please be positive as possible as im still shook from the whole thing. (I’m a dog lover)

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for this.
So no updates?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
One ojs in my building and you would be instructed to drive up long driveways. Work as directed.
I had the same instruction and filed several Article 37 grievances over harassment,being instructed to work in an unsafe manner and for being instrcuted to violate the methods. I won every single grievance and walked all of my stops off.

The younger drivers said I was old fat and lazy as they came every day to take work off of me and all I could do was laugh and agree with them

I had the same instruction and filed several Article 37 grievances over harassment,being instructed to work in an unsafe manner and for being instrcuted to violate the methods. I won every single grievance and walked all of my stops off.

The younger drivers said I was old fat and lazy as they came every day to take work off of me and all I could do was laugh and agree with them
Well you are old and fat...

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Ah yes. I'm sure user DigDaddy69 with the overly sexualized Chinese cartoon avatar in an anonymous online coffee drinking forum is definitely A. Ramirez that runs route 18A out of my local hub. I just know it.

No, that guy is actually a plumber.