Termination

TopsyKrets

$41.51
I’ll never understand why guys come here to get support or advice when they get fired. On top of that, post details about it. Management looks at this site. YOUR manager probably looks at this site. They know who you are now on here. And can go back and look at all your posts you’ve made. It might give them some ammo to use at panel… just sayin.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Did you guys not read what I said, I never hit the dog. It snuck under my truck while starting up down driveway and it’s collar got hung up under my truck and it choked to death. Dogs collar snapped off right in the middle and my tires never made contact.
You’ve literally described “hitting a dog” you can I guess say “I didn’t run the dog over with my tires. I just dragged it to its death”

Whither

Scofflaw
Did you guys not read what I said, I never hit the dog. It snuck under my truck while starting up down driveway and it’s collar got hung up under my truck and it choked to death. Dogs collar snapped off right in the middle and my tires never made contact.
Yikes. That's an awful situation. I'm also a dog lover and wish you all the best. Honestly, based on what you've said, if I were in your shoes I think I'd be calling a lawyer and preparing to fight it to the bitter end -- for back pay and all. The "dog policy" at this company is asinine. If you'd walked it off and got bitten/mauled, you would've had to live with the damage (if you were still alive, that is!) and, chances are, an idiot manager suggesting you were still, somehow, to blame.

Once I got nicked (barely broke the skin) by a yapper while doing a follow up in extended Monday area. No signs of the first yapper til I had already knocked at the door. I had done everything textbook: honked, called out "UPS" while approaching the door. Of course the owner let out the second ankle-biter when stepping out. I fended off the rascals as best I could, it doesn't seem right fighting one (or two, as it were) of them off as viciously as I would a dog that can do real damage. One managed to graze me on the shin. I messaged and called it in. Got a report filed. My center manager gave me the following sage advice, "We're just going to have to not exit the pkg car when dogs are out." I replied something like, "How quickly you forgot you driving days! That's not always how it happens, and it's not how it happened in this situation. Sometimes the dog doesn't show up until you're caught out in no man's land, and you know that."

You need a lot of luck to make it through this career without getting bitten by, or running over, a pup.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I’ll never understand why guys come here to get support or advice when they get fired. On top of that, post details about it. Management looks at this site. YOUR manager probably looks at this site. They know who you are now on here. And can go back and look at all your posts you’ve made. It might give them some ammo to use at panel… just sayin.
can’t be worse than UPS drivers posting on Facebook during working hours and making “daily life of a UPS driver” YouTube videos. I doubt at panel they are going to say “ya know , I think this is you on browncafe” give me a break. You’re obviously a scared 22.4

🧔‍♂️✊

TopsyKrets

$41.51
can’t be worse than UPS drivers posting on Facebook during working hours and making “daily life of a UPS driver” YouTube videos. I doubt at panel they are going to say “ya know , I think this is you on browncafe” give me a break. You’re obviously a scared 22.4

🧔‍♂️✊

No I’m not a 22.4. Nor am I scared. You think posting details of your pre-panel termination on a public forum that UPS monitors is a good idea then go for it. I just don’t. My .02 cents bro. Back off

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
How far did you drag him before the collar snapped?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Topsy spittin truths

quad decade guy

Hello, so I’m currently terminated from UPS after being loyal to the company for close to 10 years. Here is why (still fighting)

I delivered a package to a house with a longer driveway that had a circle drive. While pulling in a noticed two dogs running along side of the truck but nothing concerning. Proceeded to make the delivery. Closed both doors and windows (raining and cold that day). As I look in my left mirror I see one dog by my back rear driver side wheel but not too close to truck. Look in my left and see the other dog by garage. I take off and proceeded to my next delivery.

Two days later I get a call saying they are taking me out of service because I hit a dog and there is video proof of it. So they pull me off route at 2pm and tell me to talk to union rep. I didn’t sign anything or nor did they say I was terminated.

Fast forward the following week (last week) for the hearing and they had their minds up before the hearing even started. Everything I said or my union rep said they were not buying. (In the video when I start to pull off, the dog that was on my left rear sneaks up all the way around my front left tire, never making contact with it and that’s when it gets hung up and choked under the truck and then at the end you see the dog laying at the end of the driveway).

I will be traveling 5 hours to my next hearing to fight for my job but it’s pretty self explanatory and the video speaks for itself.

What do y’all think? Please be positive as possible as im still shook from the whole thing. (I’m a dog lover)

Also let’s add that my union rep doesn’t think I’ll get back pay for this.
What exactly were you fired for? An accident? Unreported? Property damage?

Did they say why?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why so serious?
It's the owners fault/responsibility.
1649242443815.png

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yikes. That's an awful situation. I'm also a dog lover and wish you all the best. Honestly, based on what you've said, if I were in your shoes I think I'd be calling a lawyer and preparing to fight it to the bitter end -- for back pay and all. The "dog policy" at this company is asinine. If you'd walked it off and got bitten/mauled, you would've had to live with the damage (if you were still alive, that is!) and, chances are, an idiot manager suggesting you were still, somehow, to blame.

Once I got nicked (barely broke the skin) by a yapper while doing a follow up in extended Monday area. No signs of the first yapper til I had already knocked at the door. I had done everything textbook: honked, called out "UPS" while approaching the door. Of course the owner let out the second ankle-biter when stepping out. I fended off the rascals as best I could, it doesn't seem right fighting one (or two, as it were) of them off as viciously as I would a dog that can do real damage. One managed to graze me on the shin. I messaged and called it in. Got a report filed. My center manager gave me the following sage advice, "We're just going to have to not exit the pkg car when dogs are out." I replied something like, "How quickly you forgot you driving days! That's not always how it happens, and it's not how it happened in this situation. Sometimes the dog doesn't show up until you're caught out in no man's land, and you know that."

You need a lot of luck to make it through this career without getting bitten by, or running over, a pup.
Those :censored2:ers hear the truck coming from miles away too. They set up their ambush.

Zowert

It appears the only option for drivers is to text the OMS and state they can't move because there are loose dogs?
This. What the hell are we supposed to do? Wrangle the damn dogs up and put them somewhere out of our way. If their owner doesn’t have them tied up it’s fair game. Of course I’m not going to intentionally hit a dog but I’m not getting out to make them move. Blast the horn and inch forward till you’re clear.