Terrorists

rickyb

1594333470862.png

Babagounj

Strength through joy

How about this...hold a new trial in Boston, let BLM and their militant factions try to break him free.
Which will cause another Boston Massacre thus kicking off the new civil war.
Thus opening up death sentences for all elected democrats.
I'm pretty sure after the first few rounds are fired, most will resign or be screaming for so much extra protection that the US Military will see a reduction of it's ranks so that these jobs can be filled.

rickyb

@Sudz

1597772379708.png

so the definition is unlawful violence and intimidation for political aims. so basically whatever violence / intimidation is illegal is terrorism. the thing thats highly arbitrary is whats illegal or not. the govt could make something illegal that should be legal. i dont think all laws should be followed. for example i am very much in favor of what ed snowden did, even though it was illegal. and i dont solely believe in non violence either. so i think theres justification for terrorism. if most US wars are illegal then most US wars are examples of state terrorism. i dont think theres justification for them either regardless of htem being legal or illegal.

Nah
@Sudz

View attachment 306390
so the definition is unlawful violence and intimidation for political aims. so basically whatever violence / intimidation is illegal is terrorism. the thing thats highly arbitrary is whats illegal or not. the govt could make something illegal that should be legal. i dont think all laws should be followed. for example i am very much in favor of what ed snowden did, even though it was illegal. and i dont solely believe in non violence either. so i think theres justification for terrorism. if most US wars are illegal then most US wars are examples of state terrorism. i dont think theres justification for them either regardless of htem being legal or illegal.

I believe in using violence exclusively for self defense. Anything else is not justifiable. Self defense can be employed against the state, police, etc., when they are enforcing unjust laws. But nothing gives anyone the right to blow up a Federal Building, fly planes into buildings.

Preemption is not self defense, and thus not justified.

rickyb

I believe in using violence exclusively for self defense. Anything else is not justifiable. Self defense can be employed against the state, police, etc., when they are enforcing unjust laws. But nothing gives anyone the right to blow up a Federal Building, fly planes into buildings.

i think im against attacks against civilians.

im not an expert on just war theory. but lets say the US govt attacked the guys who did 9/11 first overseas before 9/11. is it immoral for them to attack america in its country and is that self defense? if you are at war its assumed its fair game for you to be attacked in your country. the US govt calls it illegal terrorism, but thats debatable if youre at war.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

So the use of deadly force to save the life of, say, your wife, or child (not being SELF-defense) is unacceptable?

rickyb

Evo Morales had served the two terms that the Bolivian constitution allows. He tried to force the right to run for a third term. The Bolivians rose up. Either you believe in following the law or you believe the law can be ignored if it suits you.
so elon is lying and there was no US backed coup?

rickyb

Box Ox

so youre saying theres no truth? its good to get a variety of perspectives and then find the truth.

Haven't looked into. But you and Elon's conspiracy theories are typically ridiculous and unfounded. Strong chance this is just another one of those.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I like to refer to this as "nitpicking."
Apologies, but I was in the process of making a point.

At what point would you cease the use of deadly force to save a life? Family? Neighbor? Stranger?

If we had known the identities and intentions of the 9-11 terrorists, would it have been acceptable to assassinate them before they struck?

I don't advocate going all Minority Report, or vigilante justice, but I have no qualms in permanently removing particular individuals from the face of the earth.

rickyb

Apologies, but I was in the process of making a point.

At what point would you cease the use of deadly force to save a life? Family? Neighbor? Stranger?

If we had known the identities and intentions of the 9-11 terrorists, would it have been acceptable to assassinate them before they struck?

I don't advocate going all Minority Report, or vigilante justice, but I have no qualms in permanently removing particular individuals from the face of the earth.
if you are at war when are you allowed to kill someone and when do you have to bring htem to court?