Terrorists

rickyb

States can sponsor terrorism (such as Iran or N Korea) but almost never do states themselves commit terrorism. What you try to call terrorism is different than majority opinion or even the standard definition.

You can't just claim something you disagree with is terrorism.
i feel like thats what the media / government do: when they disagree with the violent political act: its terrorism, and when they are favor of it its not terrorism they use another word.

yea i certainly agree what i call terrorism is different than majority opinion, but i usually just follow the google definition so in that aspect its not controversial.

rickyb

So we have a group that openly calls for overthrowing their host countries political and social systems and replacing it with a totalitarian based system. Until muslims renounce certain tenants of their doctrine they shouldn't be trusted. As far as vigilante types, it looks like the FBI is doing it's job as your posted article suggests.
do you have any muslim friends?

newfie

CNN at its best , and not far from the truth :)

upload_2017-10-2_10-40-21.png

rickyb

Behind the scenes, of course, the CIA used its bag of dirty tricks to orchestrate coups, fix elections and carry out assassinations, black propaganda campaigns, bribery, blackmail, intimidation and torture. But none of this works anymore.

The loss of the mystique is crippling. It makes it hard to find pliant surrogates to administer the empire, as we have seen in Iraq and Afghanistan. The photographs of physical abuse and sexual humiliation imposed on Arab prisoners at Abu Ghraib inflamed the Muslim world and fed al-Qaida and later Islamic State with new recruits. The assassination of Osama bin Laden and a host of other jihadist leaders, including the U.S. citizen Anwar al-Awlaki, openly mocked the concept of the rule of law. The hundreds of thousands of dead and millions of refugees fleeing our debacles in the Middle East, along with the near-constant threat from militarized aerial drones, exposed us as state terrorists. We have exercised in the Middle East the U.S. military’s penchant for widespread atrocities, indiscriminate violence, lies and blundering miscalculations, actions that led to our defeat in Vietnam. - chris hedges

The End of Empire

rickyb

i heard about US opposition to this before. US is the only country to use a nuke, a weapon which indiscriminately kills. keep this in mind when you hear your government lying about having its wiener in a knot about other countries wanting nuclear arms.

AMY GOODMAN:
Some of the reporters’ questions at the news conference after the Nobel Committee announced that the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons had won this year’s Nobel Peace Prize.

ICAN was founded in 2007. It helped organize a landmark victory: the world’s first legally binding treaty banning nuclear weapons. The treaty was adopted by 122 U.N. member states in July, signed by 51 countries during the U.N. General Assembly Week in September. The treaty prohibits the development, testing and possession of nuclear weapons, as well as using or threatening to use these weapons. It was adopted and signed by dozens of countries, despite the fierce opposition of the United States and other nuclear-armed nations. This is the executive director of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons, Beatrice Fihn, speaking in Geneva.

W

What The Hawk?

yea government violence around the world and why they do it fits the defintion of state terror.
But how did you come to the conclusion that it is the government? Are we talking about multiple governments or a specific government?

rickyb

But how did you come to the conclusion that it is the government? Are we talking about multiple governments or a specific government?
i cant remember, i probably heard enough anti war talks and talks about terrorism to realize that the governments in general are the ones with all the money for bombs, drones, guns, etc and using them around the world to achieve a political goal. terrorism is not necessarily bad, sometimes you have to use violence to achieve a political goal, but i think quite often government violence is bad.

talking about many governments.

W

What The Hawk?

i cant remember, i probably heard enough anti war talks and talks about terrorism to realize that the governments in general are the ones with all the money for bombs, drones, guns, etc and using them around the world to achieve a political goal. terrorism is not necessarily bad, sometimes you have to use violence to achieve a political goal, but i think quite often government violence is bad.

talking about many governments.
Okay, but the United States in my lifetime has not dropped a bomb on it's own people. Hasn't attacked it's own people either (in my perspective). I know people like to think 9/11 was an act of domestic terrorism by the government but I don't believe so. In the U.S. the huge divide of the political parties in recent years is causing people to go nuts. Antifa is a DT group. I'm not sure if BLM is but some people think so..

rickyb

Okay, but the United States in my lifetime has not dropped a bomb on it's own people. Hasn't attacked it's own people either (in my perspective). I know people like to think 9/11 was an act of domestic terrorism by the government but I don't believe so. In the U.S. the huge divide of the political parties in recent years is causing people to go nuts. Antifa is a DT group. I'm not sure if BLM is but some people think so..
the government doesnt have to attack its own people, its usually attacking other countries.

antifa does use terrorism. im not sure if you can call it a terrorist group; it probably is. KKK is definitely a terrorist organization.

i dont really think BLM is, but theyve probably used violence.

it doesnt take much to be a terrorist: all you gotta do is use violence for political means.

i think alot of the terrorism hysteria is just something to make the population afraid so the government will have the support for its never ending wars; just like the red scare and before that the german scare.

with 9/11 my personal thoughts are that the conspiracy theories which make no mention of US wars abroad are a way of rationalizing why 9/11 happened. i obviously think it was revenge because the government is bought off by the rich, and passes legislation mostly for the rich, so they are not going to blow up the rich in a false flag. the government doesnt need to do false flags to go to war, they do it anyways usually. so its revenge for US wars abroad. and there was a cover up, but that doesnt mean the government did it.

W

What The Hawk?

the government doesnt have to attack its own people, its usually attacking other countries.

antifa does use terrorism. im not sure if you can call it a terrorist group; it probably is. KKK is definitely a terrorist organization.

i dont really think BLM is, but theyve probably used violence.

it doesnt take much to be a terrorist: all you gotta do is use violence for political means.

i think alot of the terrorism hysteria is just something to make the population afraid so the government will have the support for its never ending wars; just like the red scare and before that the german scare.

with 9/11 my personal thoughts are that the conspiracy theories which make no mention of US wars abroad are a way of rationalizing why 9/11 happened. i obviously think it was revenge because the government is bought off by the rich, and passes legislation mostly for the rich, so they are not going to blow up the rich in a false flag. the government doesnt need to do false flags to go to war, they do it anyways usually. so its revenge for US wars abroad. and there was a cover up, but that doesnt mean the government did it.
Are you American? Doesn't matter either way but I'd just like to know. lol