Texas school shooting

vantexan

I grant you the situations are different situations. Apples and oranges, I wouldn’t distinguish them in that way.

However I believe the most significant difference is in one there was a large amount of force(perhaps excessive)used and in the other much less force (perhaps too little).

Would you have been satisfied if the police immediately stormed the classroom, got in a shoot out with the perp, killed the perp, suffered more casualties themselves and in the end there was more casualties among the students because of friendly fire?
So trained officers are going to spray the room with gunfire rather than focusing on the shooter?

Integrity

Binge Poster
So trained officers are going to spray the room with gunfire rather than focusing on the shooter?
I guess if you see how the trained officers in the Florida incident opened fire then it certainly is a possibility. They were trained officers, no?

The point is the potential for friendly fire is always a possibility that would seem to me to have to be taken into account.

So would you have been satisfied if the police immediately stormed the classroom, got in a shoot out with the perp, killed the perp, suffered more casualties themselves and in the end there was more casualties among the students because of friendly fire?

vantexan

I guess if you see how the trained officers in the Florida incident opened fire then it certainly is a possibility. They were trained officers, no?

The point is the potential for friendly fire is always a possibility that would seem to me to have to be taken into account.

So would you have been satisfied if the police immediately stormed the classroom, got in a shoot out with the perp, killed the perp, suffered more casualties themselves and in the end there was more casualties among the students because of friendly fire?
On the one hand we had 21 killed. On the other hand the shooter was killed and possibly a law officer and a child. Which choice seems better for you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
On the one hand we had 21 killed. On the other hand the shooter was killed and possibly a law officer and a child. Which choice seems better for you?
I don’t understand the comparison.

Would you be satisfied if the police rushed in and children were killed by friendly fire?

You seem to be reluctant to answer this.

I do understand your apparent dissatisfaction with the horrible outcome of that day. I certainly am dissatisfied with the horrible experience that those individuals had to endure and the innocent loss of life as well.

It was so horrible on so many levels.
I just don’t think trying to blame those who failed and we’re not perfect in their response to this is the right thing to do.

fishtm2001

Would you be satisfied if the police rushed in and children were killed by friendly fire?

I do understand your apparent dissatisfaction with the horrible outcome of that day. I certainly am dissatisfied with the horrible experience that those individuals had to endure and the innocent loss of life as well.

I just don’t think trying to blame those who failed and we’re not perfect in their response to this is the right thing to do.
Not perfect? The response was a major bungle. If it happened in a "blue' state the Right would be having a field day.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I certainly am dissatisfied with the horrible experience that those individuals had to endure and the innocent loss of life as well.

Maybe someone could give those parents some stupid :censored2:ing Thoughts for Today to "help" them....

There's a lot of predators out there.....Right Fluffy? Bag any new ones lately? What's the count? 0/1000??Should tell you something!

fishtm2001

Maybe someone could give those parents some stupid :censored2:ing Thoughts for Today to "help" them....

There's a lot of predators out there.....Right Fluffy? Bag any new ones lately? What's the count? 0/1000??Should tell you something!
"...as shots were still being fired, officers decided to shove, tackle and handcuff parents who were trying to save their children — even drawing weapons on them."

LA Times

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
"...as shots were still being fired, officers decided to shove, tackle and handcuff parents who were trying to save their children — even drawing weapons on them."

LA Times
And some :censored2:ing idiots write :censored2: like this:
"I just don’t think trying to blame those who failed and we’re not perfect in their response to this is the right thing to do."

fishtm2001

And some :censored2:ing idiots write :censored2: like this:
"I just don’t think trying to blame those who failed and we’re not perfect in their response to this is the right thing to do."
It took more than an hour for Ramos to be killed, and only then by a Border Patrol agent who drove to the school on his day off. Thanks, Texass.

vantexan

Not reluctant, asleep. Any child killed is horrible but you saw what happened with inaction. At the end of the day officers were just outside that door as children were shot. The swat team ultimately went in well after the shots stopped. So tell me which would have been the best time to go in? They were going to go in at some point. Would it not have been better to attempt to stop the killing?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not reluctant, asleep. Any child killed is horrible but you saw what happened with inaction. At the end of the day officers were just outside that door as children were shot. The swat team ultimately went in well after the shots stopped. So tell me which would have been the best time to go in? They were going to go in at some point. Would it not have been better to attempt to stop the killing?
I clearly understand you point of view. I certainly can’t argue or disagree with the points you are making.

I really am just troubled that these horrific acts have become so common.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
1656099627916.jpeg
1656099627916.jpeg

El Correcto

god is dead

LA Times
The people who ended up saving the survivors took a grazing head wound and shot in the leg, behind a ballistic shield with tactical training experience.
But sure let’s just let parents charge willy nilly at a psychopath with a rifle, that would of ended up much better.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not perfect? The response was a major bungle. If it happened in a "blue' state the Right would be having a field day.
I can’t imagine any of the bungle as you call it was in the least bit intentionally. It is hard for me to imagine anyone trying to do a bad job or make the wrong call in this situation.

It was so horrible.

The whole thing.

Still is.