Thank you cares act!!!! 401k is mine

542thruNthru

Just in case anyone thinks about taking any of this guy's brilliant advice....

April 2018:

You never updated us on your financial brilliance, let's see how you did:

GVT
04/18 $19
12/18. $3
08/20 $2

ENG
04/18 $2
12/18 $0.30
08/20 $0.50

AMB
04/18 $0.35
12/18 $0.07
08/20 $0.03

ICX
04/18 $1.90
12/18 $0.25
08/20 $0.65

Meanwhile....
View attachment 307716
Careful he'll label you a cancer to this site if you're not careful. ;)

MattM

Wait. You bet nfl and consider Robinhood type investing as a gamble? That’s easy prey for many bears. Be careful.
I’ve never known a professional bettor who didn’t have his downs that nearly met his gains. Are you making more than your spending end of the day?

my 401k was down right as covid hit,30% or so. I’m nearly break even now. For many it’s a savings tool, not a get rich quick scheme. Millions are day trading pennystocks trying to sucker the next ‘investor’

Faceplanted

Wait. You bet nfl and consider Robinhood type investing as a gamble? That’s easy prey for many bears. Be careful.
I’ve never known a professional bettor who didn’t have his downs that nearly met his gains. Are you making more than your spending end of the day?

my 401k was down right as covid hit,30% or so. I’m nearly break even now. For many it’s a savings tool, not a get rich quick scheme. Millions are day trading pennystocks trying to sucker the next ‘investor’
Yes, Robinhood options trading is a gamble. That’s what I do on Robinhood. You only play with money your willing to loose in options. Yes I do good on the nfl.

Its not about what my 401k is for. It’s my money that I earned, I understand a 10% penalty and taxes if it’s a non Roth. The thing ITS MY MONEY.

It’s funny the conservative boomers always hate the government or anybody telling them how to live their life, but don’t care about prudential literally holding their money hostage. I didn’t read the terms so that’s on me.

ManInBrown

I cashed out my whole pos teamsters/ups/prudential 401k scam. No 10% penalty. Good riddance.

that was my blog for the day, thanks for reading.
I also took a pretty big chunk of mine, but here’s what I’m wondering. Technically the Cares Act allows you to access your 401K penalty free, if you've been Affected by Covid. Come tax time, is the IRS going to require proof that you or I were affected? We’re still employed. I paid 15% off the top for taxes so I’m not worried about that.

Faceplanted

I also took a pretty big chunk of mine, but here’s what I’m wondering. Technically the Cares Act allows you to access your 401K penalty free, if you've been Affected by Covid. Come tax time, is the IRS going to require proof that you or I were affected? We’re still employed. I paid 15% off the top for taxes so I’m not worried about that.
The definitions are sooooooooo vague its impossible. If you got 1 or 2 hours less OT than usual At any point that technically qualifies. The irs is busy trying to get the money from the crypto idiots who didn’t pay taxes. The irs gets their cut when you withdraw at whatever income tax rate you get taxed at.

PizzaToUps

yup this was an option. I had them take out 24% of my 401k and obviously none from my Roth portion. Rather pay it now and not worry later.

if you live in a bishass state, you can also tell prudential to pull state taxes out.
How does putting 6k into vanguard ROTH IRA index funds (VFIAX) sound ?

Faceplanted

How does putting 6k into vanguard ROTH IRA index funds (VFIAX) sound ?
Sounds very good. Much better then having money stuck until your crippled. Basically all funds return the same give or take a percent. Me and you don’t have access to the crazy funds that return insane returns. You have to be rich and connected. I didn’t know these existed until I ran into an old friend who is a quant for a very large entity on wall st. 50-300% yearly returns for some of those funds.

freehoodies

Yes, Robinhood options trading is a gamble. That’s what I do on Robinhood. You only play with money your willing to loose in options. Yes I do good on the nfl.

Its not about what my 401k is for. It’s my money that I earned, I understand a 10% penalty and taxes if it’s a non Roth. The thing ITS MY MONEY.

It’s funny the conservative boomers always hate the government or anybody telling them how to live their life, but don’t care about prudential literally holding their money hostage. I didn’t read the terms so that’s on me.
Am conservative, can confirm. Try to explain to older conservatives why pensions/social security is dumb, its like their ego is trying to protect itself from admitting it was wrong.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Am conservative, can confirm. Try to explain to older conservatives why pensions/social security is dumb, its like their ego is trying to protect itself from admitting it was wrong.
No, we were just promised pensions and social security. It matters when you get older....wait and see. We hate to see milennials financing every meal and expecting a handout from the government that they hate.

Faceplanted

No, we were just promised pensions and social security. It matters when you get older....wait and see. We hate to see milennials financing every meal and expecting a handout from the government that they hate.
That was the problem. Only person responsible for you is you. The federal government should not be responsible for any of this. Your pension is not yours, your 401k is not yours. Even when it is “yours” it’s most likely sitting in a bank. If you can’t see how over the past few months the gov can shut stuff down under the premise of safety. God forbid there is a big event, you might be sol attempting to get what is yours but being held by another entity. Take control of your own destiny. Stop expecting corrupt and faulted systems to take care of you.....

Amazing how similar boomer conservatives and zoomers are, always expect the gov to step in and give them student loan forgiveness or a pension rescue.

That was the problem. Only person responsible for you is you. The federal government should not be responsible for any of this. Your pension is not yours, your 401k is not yours. Even when it is “yours” it’s most likely sitting in a bank. If you can’t see how over the past few months the gov can shut stuff down under the premise of safety. God forbid there is a big event, you might be sol attempting to get what is yours but being held by another entity. Take control of your own destiny. Stop expecting corrupt and faulted systems to take care of you.....

Amazing how similar boomer conservatives and zoomers are, always expect the gov to step in and give them student loan forgiveness or a pension rescue.
Wrong the 401k is your money.

freehoodies

They say in the small print they cannot guarantee returns, because the stock market isn't a guarantee. But if the S&P500 crashes it probably means we lost a war and are getting invaded, so social security isn't going to be there either.

My olive branch is let everyone decide where there money goes. If I want my SS money to go to into a stock portfolio, let me.
If you want to risk dying before 68 and leaving absolutely nothing to your children, that's your decision. Just leave me out of it.

Faceplanted

They say in the small print they cannot guarantee returns, because the stock market isn't a guarantee. But if the S&P500 crashes it probably means we lost a war and are getting invaded, so social security isn't going to be there either.

My olive branch is let everyone decide where there money goes. If I want my SS money to go to into a stock portfolio, let me.
If you want to risk dying before 68 and leaving absolutely nothing to your children, that's your decision. Just leave me out of it.
A war or an invasion HARDLY..... all it takes is one terrorist attack on the USA. Not only will you loose 20-40% over a short span, but depending on the type of attack we could be under martial law and on lock down for who knows how long. We already were conditioned to accept lock downs for perceived safety. That’s done. Lots of people want the nation guard to come in their city and make them safe from the soy boy antifa cuckservatives. That’s done too. It’s all in place fren. The conditioning has been completed and is an absolute success. People are literally gestapo-ing their neighbors for party’s. Everybody should have a boomer rock stash and a decent amount of cash.

“hurr durrr is society collapses paper money and pms won’t be worth anything, you can’t eat them or shoot them”. Every modern society has had a defacto monitory system. Americans cannot barter because we are retarted, and we already have been conditioned to value a green piece of cloth, that doesn’t go away over night. Rock that shines goes back too.

I don’t have kids, we are not going to have kids, and If I did I would not be concerned about leaving them money. I started from 0 and made it.

Last edited:

MattM

Couldn’t you also say that the money in the bank isn’t yours too? It takes quite the effort to withdrawal or transfer or move amounts over their set daily limits. It’s not exactly easy access.
Do you use banks? Did you know we’re only insured for a set amount? Do you have Multiple
Accounts or are you Keeping money in a shoe box?

my 401k and ups stocks are doing much better than random RH trading. But maybe that’s on me? Of 15 co workers, it feels like only 2-4 are doing above Well, while others are floating around break even or worse.

MattM

Do you consider our pension and trust the devil too? Every single one of these requires withdrawal at a certain age (65 for example). Our retirement is a combo of age and years worked. Is that system rigged too?
I have a coworker who’s been here just as long as myself and he hasn’t invested anything. He likes to gamble though. He seems to not have any nest eggs hidden away. I’m able to budget myself with various payroll deductions. $15/wk on ups stocks for 5-6 years now and I’m sitting nearly 200%. Now maybe he hit big on a baseball game and takes his $60 month to do that. But looking at coworkers in the past few weeks and talking with them about RH, most would be better off with a set it and forget mentality. 80% are losing. Not everyone is thriving. If you bought ups stocks for the past 3-4 years, you’d be doing alright.

JJinVA

The 401K plan is a good way to save money because it comes automatically out of your paycheck and it also has some very low fees
With that being said I also have a Roth IRA with vanguard and I'm very pleased with it

Whats the dif between roth ira through teamsters and roth ira through vanguard?