That time of year to make the switch from shoes to boots..

throwbackk

My old Redwing boots need retired. They weren't very comfortable and were very expensive. I don't know which brands I should be looking at. What do you use? And yes I did read the frequently asked questions FAQ that is vague as hell. And doesn't provide any useful info other than stating it is frequently asked.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My old Redwing boots need retired. They weren't very comfortable and were very expensive. I don't know which brands I should be looking at. What do you use? And yes I did read the frequently asked questions FAQ that is vague as hell. And doesn't provide any useful info other than stating it is frequently asked.

Just wait a little. Austin will be here shortly.

watdaflock?

Just wait a little. Austin will be here shortly.

ta da! ;)

Not being a smart ash...seriously.

Google - "gore tex black running shoes"
Quite a few brands available.
(edit) they also make midtops which would keep your ankles covered in deeper snow.

(here I go again...) I'd also recommend getting properly fit and having your feet checked for any pronation issues.

Some black running shoes are lot more comfortable and better fitting than boots and will keep your feet dry.

Last edited:

throwbackk

Well my helper is such a turd I'd rather just run some stuff myself lol. And yeah I do get fitted. I was fitted for my red wings but their widest boot they had in store still was pretty narrow for my feet.

You can always get red wings re souled.

watdaflock?

I was fitted for my red wings but their widest boot they had in store still was pretty narrow for my feet.
New Balance H710 or 978's (pic below) in EEEE is available online I'm darn sure.
shopping

(Gore Tex is awesome)

Siveriano

one quick question, so no ones gives a damn about black/brown polish-able letter on peak?
because im over due on water proof shoes atm.
Im on Nj btw.

throwbackk

They really push the polishable leather at my center. Riding the new guys about it lately. But I do like the adiddas ones. Wish I could use those. :(

novadriver

pDSP1-20262281p275w.jpg

I bought these for rainy snowy days... They need to be broken in but are supposedly waterproof.. i always walk into puddles of water when im to busy lookin at diad

watdaflock?

But I do like the adiddas ones. Wish I could use those. :(

Ya I deleted the pic. How I figure buy a Sharpie and color the red stripes on the Adidas. It would be good enough for some hubs.

Dumbest rule at UPS -forcing drivers to wear old school leather only shoes.

All the issues with tired legs and feet if they relaxed the shoe rule, so employees can actually wear proper fitting shoes, it would save the company tons of $$$.