That time of year to make the switch from shoes to boots..

oldngray

nowhere special
Guess I'm a little minion then.
minion_by_retro_disco-d3888cg.jpg

watdaflock?

Guess I'm a little minion then.
Don't mind me. A few very strong stouts into watching the Buckeyes crush Wisco and posting my opinion why N$ke sucks. Not many in the amateur wrestling crowd like N$ke.

"
In 2006, The Oregon State Beavers won the second of two consecutive College World Series titles. It left the Ducks (who didn’t have a baseball team) feeling like the little brother.

So, instead of adding a baseball team and a women’s component to remain in compliance with Title IX, the federally mandate that requires equal opportunity for both men and women, the University of Oregon dropped wrestling and added hardball.

It was a real low blow to us in the wrestling world. Not only do we hate to see college programs dropped, but when successful ones are cut, the pain is that much sharper.

The Ducks had just crowned two All-Americans that year, Joey Bracamonte and National Champion, Shane Webster.
And there was no good reason for it.

Oregon, which serves as ground zero for Nike and its founder, billionaire, Phil Knight, could have easily afforded to subsidize both programs. If it was about money they wouldn’t have cut the relatively cost-efficient wrestling team in favor of a money-pit that is an NCAA ball club. The fact that they decided to cut a healthy and productive program still leaves a bad taste in the mouths of conscientious wrestling folks.

The irony is, Nike continues to make money off wrestling products. The confusing part is why anyone in their right mind would purchase them. Why would any wrestling person support an entity the holds the sport in such obvious disregard. Nike’s and the University of Oregon’s collective actions made it clear that their singular interest in wrestling is how much money they can make off its consumers. Buying Nike wrestling products (or non-wrestling products, for that matter) it is like buying a beer for someone that just punched you in the face."

(Quote from Willie S.)

andrsnbkj

Militaryboots.com tacticalgear.com best boots I have ever use between bates and magnum and they are water proof light weight and takes a good beating

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I used to wear boots in the winter and work sneakers in the summer, but now I wear the skechers work shoes (sneakers) year round except on snow days or when there is a bunch of slush or it has recently snowed.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Agree w/ Sober,..bought a pair of Danners 10 yrs. ago,..I only wore them in the worst conditions. Every year I reapply waterproofing, I only wear them now when I'm snowblowing the driveways in the neighborhood. I also have a pair of Dunham boots, that are just about as old, they only have half the insulation, and they're a lower cut boot. The Dunhams are American made,..they are a division of New Balance, if I recall at the time the Danners were also made in the USA.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My old Redwing boots need retired. They weren't very comfortable and were very expensive. I don't know which brands I should be looking at. What do you use? And yes I did read the frequently asked questions FAQ that is vague as hell. And doesn't provide any useful info other than stating it is frequently asked.
I always liked Justin's. I got a pair under the tree right now actually. I just got the basic brown boots. I really want a pair of the flat toe stampede kind though. They look pretty damn cool.
122408_20709-rugged-tan-11-stampede-round-toe-boot_large.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I swear by my Columbias. Had a pair that lasted five winters and my "new" pair are on their second winter.