The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Next Day Err

While you're at it why didn't Biden go straight to East Palestine, OH? He certainly took a lot of time off between the railcars derailing and him finally showing up.
Again, you don’t know the facts. The mayor of East Palestine didn’t invite the president until recently. Biden respected the mayor’s decision.

Sicknick was sprayed in the face with bear spray and went to the hospital that night after collapsing at 10pm. He was
brutalized by radical violent Trump supporters and just HAPPENED to die shortly after the event.

From the Wiki page:

The District of Columbia chief medical examiner found that Sicknick had died from stroke, classifying his death as natural and additionally commented that "all that transpired played a role in his condition", a decision which was criticized by some expert neurologists, who have stated that stress from the attack may have very well caused the stroke.

Next Day Err

Didn’t know who Tyre Nichols was then I googled it and sure enough he didn’t have a criminal record so I was wondering why Biden would be pandering to him and his family and then I seen he was black. BINGO!
But I’m betting you assumed he was a criminal which is why you said Biden only wants to help criminals.

vantexan

Again, you don’t know the facts. The mayor of East Palestine didn’t invite the president until recently. Biden respected the mayor’s decision.

Sicknick was sprayed in the face with bear spray and went to the hospital that night after collapsing at 10pm. He was
brutalized by radical violent Trump supporters and just HAPPENED to die shortly after the event.

From the Wiki page:
He told his brother on the day of the riot he was fine. The stress of that day may have triggered the stroke but to compare that as equivalent to a repeat offender being put out on the street where he shoots and kills a cop isn't the same thing.

Did the mayor of East Palestine ever say he didn't want Biden to visit? How about Mayor Pete being MIA? The point is they had a major disaster and the residents of East Palestine felt the Federal government wasn't trying very hard to fix the situation.

Next Day Err

Did the mayor of East Palestine ever say he didn't want Biden to visit?

From the article:
And Conaway, the town’s mayor, has repeatedly been critical of Biden, recently telling Fox News: “My personal opinion the best time for him to come would be February of 2025 when he is on his book tour.”

Next Day Err

Of course he puffed his chest out for Fox News Entertainment. Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Kind of reminds me of the Republicans who take a pRiNcIpAlEd StAnD against a spending bill only to take credit for money flowing into their districts because it passed with Democratic votes. It’s ALWAYS about governing by gesture and actually not doing :censored2:. This is why I’m not a Republican anymore.

Of course he puffed his chest out for Fox News Entertainment. Doesn’t surprise me one bit. Kind of reminds me of the Republicans who take a pRiNcIpAlEd StAnD against a spending bill only to take credit for money flowing into their districts because it passed with Democratic votes. It’s ALWAYS about governing by gesture and actually not doing :censored2:. This is why I’m not a Republican anymore.
I am still a conservative voter on economic matters but have a hard time finding a Republican candidate who just wants to cut benefits for the disadvantaged while cutting taxes for the wealthiest in this country.

Next Day Err

I am still a conservative voter on economic matters but have a hard time finding a Republican candidate who just wants to cut benefits for the disadvantaged while cutting taxes for the wealthiest in this country.
Billionaires who swore off Trump are suddenly interested in him again. The Trump tax cuts for the uber wealthy and corporations are set to expire in 2025.

Will we ever learn?

vantexan

Next Day Err

So he didn't say it at the time of the derailment. What do you expect him to say a year after the wreck?
I expect him to show some respect to the president. This is a state issue and the EPA is on it. Can’t constantly perfectly fix what Republicans have broken and running around trying to do so is chasing one’s tail. Biggest thing that can be done moving forward is pass and sign the bill that Republicans are predictably blocking.

I figured you’d like Biden’s chilly attitude towards East Palestine. Those people didn’t vote for him. You think Trump would be so eager to help those who didn’t vote for him? ;) what’s good for the goose…

vantexan

I expect him to show some respect to the president. This is a state issue and the EPA is on it. Can’t constantly perfectly fix what Republicans have broken and running around trying to do so is chasing one’s tail. Biggest thing that can be done moving forward is pass and sign the bill that Republicans are predictably blocking.

I figured you’d like Biden’s chilly attitude towards East Palestine. Those people didn’t vote for him. You think Trump would be so eager to help those who didn’t vote for him? ;) what’s good for the goose…
Trump showed up in New York, a city that's overwhelmingly Democrat, to pay respect to a fallen police officer. It doesn't matter who they voted for if a town experiences a disaster then our president should jump right on it. Maui is certainly Democratic and they were very upset at the Biden administration's handling of the fire disaster there. You got a guy spending 40% of his presidency taking time off but can't be bothered to show up to reassure people? Has to be dragged there.

Next Day Err

Trump showed up in New York, a city that's overwhelmingly Democrat, to pay respect to a fallen police officer. It doesn't matter who they voted for if a town experiences a disaster then our president should jump right on it. Maui is certainly Democratic and they were very upset at the Biden administration's handling of the fire disaster there. You got a guy spending 40% of his presidency taking time off but can't be bothered to show up to reassure people? Has to be dragged there.
Ever heard the word “delegation”?

40%… what a bunch of BS. If you count weekends that’s already 29%. Biden works from his Delaware home on the weekends. I don’t see him out golfing all the time like DT.

vantexan

40%… what a bunch of BS. If you count weekends that’s already 29%. Biden works from his Delaware home on the weekends. I don’t see him out golfing all the time like DT.
Nah, he's on the beach. And he calls a lid early most days with only one item on his calendar if any at all. When are you going to realize he's not really running the administration? Figurehead president.

Gotta Go

1711890413667.jpeg

Next Day Err

If you count the average American's 11 days annual vacation, 12 public holidays and 104 weekend days, that's almost 35%.

I guess by that standard I’m a lazy bastard, too.

vantexan

If you count the average American's 11 days annual vacation, 12 public holidays and 104 weekend days, that's almost 35%.

I guess by that standard I’m a lazy bastard, too.
12 public holidays? I guess Joe is a Federal employee. At FedEx we got New Year's, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Plus two floating holidays.