The Ballot mess!

Irishman Collins

K seriously lets get back to turdcare. I hear that they will put you on a payment plan if you need to have a cavity filled. Lmao! It's only 71 dollars a month for 5 years! Lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

Atomic_Smurf

Nope. The verdict is still out. People like to blame and jump on the woe is me bandwagon. When people are scared or mad it's a contagious virus. In the end I have faith that it all works out.
Millions of working class Americans have lost their insurance or are having to pay much more to keep it, loosing their doctors, getting hours cut at work & being let go & you say the verdict is still out. I have a feeling if this was happening because of some a law rammed through by another party your feelings would be a little different. Must be an emotional investment with you because it certainly makes no logical sense to stand back & allow it to continue with no push back.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Atomic_Smurf

You're one of those RTW anti union people aren't you
You only hate RTW because you've been told to. If our union had put forth as much effort to block the ACA as it did RTW we wouldn't be having this debate about our declining benefits. RTW has proven to be inconsequential in my state where as Obamacare has been quite devastating for much of the working class & you know it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Stonefish, please educate me as to when I had the opportunity to vote on your insurance in Northern Ohio prior to this contract? Also, you keep saying that I keep using the word "unsustainable" as a punch line to a joke. Then tell me exactly what Hoffa and the other two Union presidents were meaning? I keep looking up the definition and I can't find your interpretation of the word. From now on, should we believe only half of what we are being told in letters from the I.B.T. or should we take the letters literally? Please help me, it seems you and 407 are the only members that seem to have the I.B.T. Captain Crunch decoder ring.

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

I've had teamster run health for 20 years. Never been better. Never been an issue. 47 million in the tank. Don't fear it. You guys want to call me, 407, Stone and a few others company men for voting yes? I would feel more like a "company man" by allowing UPS to control my health care. And that doesn't sit well with me.

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

Atomic_Smurf

I've had teamster run health for 20 years. Never been better. Never been an issue. 47 million in the tank. Don't fear it. You guys want to call me, 407, Stone and a few others company men for voting yes? I would feel more like a "company man" by allowing UPS to control my health care. And that doesn't sit well with me.
Obamacare wasn't a factor during those 20+ years.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

Atomic, that is the one thing we can't seem to get through their heads. ObamaCare is going to make Teamcare " Unsustainable", why is that so hard for them to understand?

Sent using BrownCafe App

stink219

Why is it hard to understand that Union Exemption will given?

~A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.~

O/C

Stink, I know what you are saying, but fact is that the company is providing the funds to provide our pension and health and welfare plans. They already have control, hence the problem.

Atomic_Smurf

Why is it hard to understand that Union Exemption will given?

Tell us about this exemption. Be specific because Hoffa said he was being stonewalled from the White house, nothing about an exemption. Maybe you know something he doesn't.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stink, I know what you are saying, but fact is that the company is providing the funds to provide our pension and health and welfare plans. They already have control, hence the problem.

Control over what? UPS' responsibility ends as soon as they forward the funds to the Union. They have no say in how the money is spent, who administers the plan or the level of benefits provided to the members. It is up to the Union to use those funds in the most efficient manner possible to serve the members in the best manner possible. I am in a Teamster health plan. Ours is administered by Excellus BC/BS. I have absolutely no complaints about the way the plan is run or the level of benefits provided. As of our last meeting the Union has an 18 month surplus in our health care plan.

Atomic_Smurf

Atomic, that is the one thing we can't seem to get through their heads. ObamaCare is going to make Teamcare " Unsustainable", why is that so hard for them to understand?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I guess it's just easier for these guys to embrace a lie than face the truth. They've done everything from trying to spin Hoffa's own words to inventing unheard of exemptions to 2nd grade name calling & insults. Its like some kind of weird cult the way they refuse to denounce their failed Messiah for his destructive healthcare law & the impact its having on union & non-union working class Americans across the country.

Sent using BrownCafe App

O/C

Control over what? UPS' responsibility ends as soon as they forward the funds to the Union. They have no say in how the money is spent, who administers the plan or the level of benefits provided to the members. It is up to the Union to use those funds in the most efficient manner possible to serve the members in the best manner possible. I am in a Teamster health plan. Ours is administered by Excellus BC/BS. I have absolutely no complaints about the way the plan is run or the level of benefits provided. As of our last meeting the Union has an 18 month surplus in our health care plan.

Will your current or future retirees be hit with any increase in their health and welfare deductibles or co pays? I really do not have a problem with who maintains our H/W coverages, I would from previous experiences would trust the union to work on our behalf more than the company.

The whole story appears to be the increasing costs to provide our current coverages.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deductibles and co-pays are put in place to make us smarter medical consumers and to save the union money. In the past there was no ER co-pay and guys were going there for non-emergent medical issues. Since they imposed a $100 co-pay our ER visits have gone down dramatically.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you think this will continue to be the case when the Affordable Care Act legislation takes full affect?
Doesn't Hoffa's letter to Reid and Pelosi, where he asserts that the ACA, in its present form, will make our union's Taft Hartley plans unsustainable, worry you?
Does anybody here know of any exemptions that have been extended to these Taft Hartley plans to protect them from the short falls illustrated by our General President, as well as many other prominent union leaders?
Why are we being asked to "jump into the deep end of the pool, before we know how to swim"?