The Breaking Point

Seymour Packages

In my short time at UPS (6 years), I have seen things take a turn for the worse. I came on during the mess that was peak 2013, I thought UPS would have learned its lesson. Fast forward 6 years and it seems the company has a short memory. We have drivers leaving the center with multiple days worth of stops, working up to DOT hours every night, late air (days late sometimes), and we are losing businesses. On my route alone UPS has lost 5 businesses due to extremely late deliveries and piss poor customer service when they call UPS to inquire/complain. My route is 60% Amazon. Why is UPS letting Amazon dictate its business practices? My center is drowning in packages. Literally. Christmas presents will be late this year. No doubt about it. We have had critical medical shipments returned because they were late and unusable. This company is spitting on its regular customers in the name of blue and white Amazon envelopes, Prime boxes, and quick $$$. Morale is getting worse because management only cares about Telematics. Nevermind you had snow on the ground, wall to wall packages up to the bulkhead door, and over 350 stops. GET THE PACKAGES DELIVERED. I won't attempt to speak for every center, but reading this forum I can see our problems at my center aren't unique at all. When does this stop?

Dough99

13975AF4-3AD3-42F5-A110-2827A7F1A6EC.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Peak volume and bad weather are a bad combination that even the best planning can't fix. We have Centers in Atlanta that are running great and I heard of one in the new SMART Hub that needed sixty supervisors sent over there last week to straighten out. I have been in a blown out Hub where stuff sat for weeks and eventually that pile will go down when enough bodies show up to move it.

Peak volume and bad weather are a bad combination that even the best planning can't fix. We have Centers in Atlanta that are running great and I heard of one in the new SMART Hub that needed sixty supervisors sent over there last week to straighten out. I have been in a blown out Hub where stuff sat for weeks and eventually that pile will go down when enough bodies show up to move it.
Get rid of some of those irregs and we wouldn't have all of these problems.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
true.......beginning of the end. UPS does not want the package business anyway. too much overhead and profit margins too low.
the future is logistics, robotics , and real estate.

your days are numbered

Indecisi0n

In my short time at UPS (6 years), I have seen things take a turn for the worse. I came on during the mess that was peak 2013, I thought UPS would have learned its lesson. Fast forward 6 years and it seems the company has a short memory. We have drivers leaving the center with multiple days worth of stops, working up to DOT hours every night, late air (days late sometimes), and we are losing businesses. On my route alone UPS has lost 5 businesses due to extremely late deliveries and piss poor customer service when they call UPS to inquire/complain. My route is 60% Amazon. Why is UPS letting Amazon dictate its business practices? My center is drowning in packages. Literally. Christmas presents will be late this year. No doubt about it. We have had critical medical shipments returned because they were late and unusable. This company is spitting on its regular customers in the name of blue and white Amazon envelopes, Prime boxes, and quick $$$. Morale is getting worse because management only cares about Telematics. Nevermind you had snow on the ground, wall to wall packages up to the bulkhead door, and over 350 stops. GET THE PACKAGES DELIVERED. I won't attempt to speak for every center, but reading this forum I can see our problems at my center aren't unique at all. When does this stop?
Stop blaming Amazon you wookie. UPS is the one deciding to keep them as a customer and take their money.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
true.......beginning of the end. UPS does not want the package business anyway. too much overhead and profit margins too low.

your days are numbered
Gotta stay ahead of the game. That’s why I’m getting my drone pilot license. I’m also throwing all my savings into a teleportation startup.

Seymour Packages

Stop blaming Amazon you wookie. UPS is the one deciding to keep them as a customer and take their money.
Not blaming Amazon at all. Amazon will drop UPS as soon as fiscally and logistically possible. Fedex saw the writing on the wall and rid themselves of Amazon. You don't burn longstanding business relationships the way UPS is doing right now. It will bite UPS down the road.

ManInBrown

Let me give you some advice. Dont worry about anything other than your check clearing on Friday, and not getting hurt doing something unsafe because of their BS. Go out there and deliver what you can. If you bring 150 packages back every night, so be it. Punch out and walk past your management team running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And be thankful you’re not in their position.

Johney

your days are numbered
That's why they're spending millions buying new trucks, tractors and building new buildings everywhere. SMH

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That's why they're spending millions buy new trucks, tractors and building new buildings everywhere. SMH
I’ve never felt so confident that I’ll have a job for as long as I want one. I laugh at all these vans, leaving :censored2: everywhere but the correct spot. I’m thankful for my union negotiated wages, and I’m enjoying the money. Screw it.

So many co workers complaint they got their route done and had to help others. Slow the hell down, take your breaks, beat them at their own game. Buncha idiots.
Seriously I had no energy left in me yesterday.
I did what I could without getting hurt or getting into an accident

I was also happy to turn in my grievance form yesterday

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Let me give you some advice. Dont worry about anything other than your check clearing on Friday, and not getting hurt doing something unsafe because of their BS. Go out there and deliver what you can. If you bring 150 packages back every night, so be it. Punch out and walk past your management team running around like chickens with their heads cut off. And be thankful you’re not in their position.
solid advice. this is what we all have been saying for years.

Heavy Package

GET THE PACKAGES DELIVERED. I won't attempt to speak for every center, but reading this forum I can see our problems at my center aren't unique at all. When does this stop?

Look at how LAZY and PATHETIC all of us are. On a Sunday sitting around watching football and drinking when there are packages to deliver! Get to work! 7day delivery can't come fast enough for such a bunch of worthless overpaid union thug drivers and hub scum.