The fight has begun.

The fight against management has begun and growing rapidly. No one listens to management anymore. Management has no control. Fredex can no longer retain couriers or even get them fast enough to fill in for people leaving. Im sitting back laughing. No longer do we WAD.. we do what we want!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
The fight against management has begun and growing rapidly. No one listens to management anymore. Management has no control. Fredex can no longer retain couriers or even get them fast enough to fill in for people leaving. Im sitting back laughing. No longer do we WAD.. we do what we want!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
l

Good. Recently, I posted about a station that was being restructured by management to be essentially part-time AM and PM couriers only. Several other people have told me of similar attempts in other parts of the country. All have failed, and are now being walked-back, because so many people are leaving and others are simply ignoring management, which has no idea what it is doing. The few good managers are hamstrung by Memphis, which continues to impose blanket dictates and focus issues while Rome burns. In other words, even if they are a good manager, the actions of MEM preclude actually being one. They are also leaving, unless they've been here quite awhile and are making good money. Most of them cope by hiding, not answering their phones, or otherwise letting things be managed basically by the dispatchers.

The "restructure" station referenced above had 8 people leave within the last 2 weeks, effectively torpedoing any attempts to make major changes. The key point, however, is that management was attempting to create a PT station, which should be worrisome in and of itself.

The day to day operations of Express are almost totally out of control, and the only things keeping it going are some good dispatchers who go around management to make it work.

WAD is always good, but ignoring them completely could come back to bite you. Do as little as possible, but always follow procedures, even if they make no sense. Put it all back on them...where it belongs.

whenIgetthere

The latest from our district is two sales leads per courier, per month. The laughter when the SM announced this was great. Required, he said! This was on first day of June, one employee has turned in two (he's a PT courier, FT butt kisser), no one else has turned in any.

bacha29

Spot on Mr.Fedex. You've got a Fedex created problem that requires a Fedex created solution. They mistakenly believed that would always be out there a supply of part time labor with the dedication, productivity and reliability X needs to operate. Part time labor begets part time commitment.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Spot on Mr.Fedex. You've got a Fedex created problem that requires a Fedex created solution. They mistakenly believed that would always be out there a supply of part time labor with the dedication, productivity and reliability X needs to operate. Part time labor begets part time commitment.

They've done people so wrong that there is almost zero commitment these days. I ran into a courier recently who used to be so Purple it was unbelievable. His attitude has shifted 180 degrees, and he has very little commitment to his job now. 0950, with 20 P1 left, and he could care less because it's pretty much the same every day. Not the world's smartest person, but he finally "gets it".

El Morado Diablo

The latest from our district is two sales leads per courier, per month. The laughter when the SM announced this was great. Required, he said!

They started this in our district this month. We had a couple of focus days (whatever they call them) to get leads in last week. The SM was hesitant to say what kind of punishment would be handed out for those not turning in leads. When pressed the SM said they would be talking one-on-on with couriers who failed to turn in qualified leads (we only get credit if they are good leads so you might have to turn in 10 leads to get 2 qualified leads in a month). The implication was that OLCC's would be automatic for not meeting the criteria. One of the old timers pointed out the last time they required leads the system was buried in bad leads until we were asked to stop turning them in. The SM agreed, then tried to change the conversation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They started this in our district this month. We had a couple of focus days (whatever they call them) to get leads in last week. The SM was hesitant to say what kind of punishment would be handed out for those not turning in leads. When pressed the SM said they would be talking one-on-on with couriers who failed to turn in qualified leads (we only get credit if they are good leads so you might have to turn in 10 leads to get 2 qualified leads in a month). The implication was that OLCC's would be automatic for not meeting the criteria. One of the old timers pointed out the last time they required leads the system was buried in bad leads until we were asked to stop turning them in. The SM agreed, then tried to change the conversation.

I think we should still give them as many bad leads as possible. Bars are great, as are competitors and companies that hate FedEx and won't ship with them, I routinely deliver to places that would never ship a package via FedEx.

bacha29

Spot on Mr. fedex. Over at ground they told us the same thing. My response. " How much of your job do you want me to do ?" " Get out from that desk and go out and find you own accounts"

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Ha! such idle threats...what are they really going to do to you guys if you fail to turn in any leads? OLCC?.....ooooooooh, and then what? Fire ya cuz you couldn't come up with two solid leads?......... riiiiiiight. :laugh:

I got it - how 'bout the sales pukes put on a uniform and get out and run two quality routes twice a month?

So ridiculous. :bored:

bacha29

Spot on No Lates. At ground even if we did find new accounts the sales rep got the commission and all we got was more stops to do which cut our core zone rate which translated into more work for nothing. Like I said to one rep, " I'm going past the hardware store. Do you want me to stop and pick you up a new set of legs.? This way you can get out and do your own job?"

SmithBarney

The latest from our district is two sales leads per courier, per month. The laughter when the SM announced this was great. Required, he said! This was on first day of June, one employee has turned in two (he's a PT courier, FT butt kisser), no one else has turned in any.
Just turn an extra one with your Ops or SM cell phone number on it.

SmithBarney

BTW the best thing you can do to maximize hours and minimize stress is run straight service P1->P2->whatever else No blending... :)

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The SM was hesitant to say what kind of punishment would be handed out for those not turning in leads. When pressed the SM said they would be talking one-on-on with couriers who failed to turn in qualified leads

That's the wrong way for whoever pressed the issue to handle it. You'd be better off just not turning in any leads at all and not saying anything. If they notice at all, they might say something.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ha! such idle threats...what are they really going to do to you guys if you fail to turn in any leads? OLCC?.....ooooooooh, and then what? Fire ya cuz you couldn't come up with two solid leads?.........

This board tends to believe that an OLCC is worse than a warning letter and one poster (take a guess) has even suggested hiring a lawyer to overturn one.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
This board tends to believe that an OLCC is worse than a warning letter and one poster (take a guess) has even suggested hiring a lawyer to overturn one.
I disagree. I haven't seen anyone say an OLCC is worse than a warning letter. Everyone knows they're not. An OLCC is a paper trail for management. So far, they're worth little or nothing. But how long before that changes? We all know FedEx constantly changes the rules to our detriment. How long before FedEx simply says, so many OLCC's equal a warning letter? None of us, including you can answer that, whether you're a manager or not. THAT'S what pisses us off.

bacha29

Hey Express guys, isn't this thing slowly evolving into a sales lead quota system that will in the end result in wage penalties and or disciplinary action if those quotas aren't met?