The fight has begun.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You're funny. I agree with what you say sometimes and other times you sound like the spouse of an abuser in justifying things FedEx does.

There are often other considerations that must be taken into account. They aren't always visible to frontline employees. Just because I'm "justifying" something the company does doesn't mean that I like it.

So, do you think you deserve an OLCC if you forget to touch confirm on the punch out machine, or if you forget to turn in a gas receipt the same day or whatever other petty reasons they deem you "deserve one"?

Sure. All an OLCC is is documentation that you were told something. Not touching the button on the clock isn't something I'd give someone an OLCC for unless it was a recurring problem. Gas receipts? That's a bigger issue. Like I said, I'll take as many as anyone wants to give me.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
But if you feel you don't deserve it what's the recourse?? NONE you are seen as non complaint and have no basis to challenge any of it.

An OLCC is documentation that I did (or didn't do) something and they said something to me about it. You tell me, what recourse should I seek when they give me an OLCC that says, for instance, "Dano, you didn't meet your goal of 2 leads this week"? What's to challenge? I see couriers who make federal cases out of them. One wouldn't acknowledge one that said "You ran 99% of your onroad goal for the month of May." That's all it said, and he was complaining about all kinds of stuff because, I don't know, I guess there's some great injustice about being informed of your onroad performance. Some people just want to be drama queens.

Like I said, however many they want to give me.

Star B

White Lightening
I got an OLCC for something that was said/announced at meeting when I was off. I wish there was an "employee rebuttal" area so that I can refute/comment it if I chose to.

As it stands, it looks like I ignored what was said during the meeting. I would have known if I was there!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I got an OLCC for something that was said/announced at meeting when I was off. I wish there was an "employee rebuttal" area so that I can refute/comment it if I chose to.

As it stands, it looks like I ignored what was said during the meeting. I would have known if I was there!

Could you type up a rebuttal and attach it to the OLCC?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Why didn't you fight it?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
An OLCC is documentation that I did (or didn't do) something and they said something to me about it. You tell me, what recourse should I seek when they give me an OLCC that says, for instance, "Dano, you didn't meet your goal of 2 leads this week"? What's to challenge? I see couriers who make federal cases out of them. One wouldn't acknowledge one that said "You ran 99% of your onroad goal for the month of May." That's all it said, and he was complaining about all kinds of stuff because, I don't know, I guess there's some great injustice about being informed of your onroad performance. Some people just want to be drama queens.

Like I said, however many they want to give me.
That's because they don't have OLCC's in Fantasyland.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Like management will tell me that I could? I protested it but it didn't seem to go anywhere or sway the decision. Another "Look, I'm getting the pressure from the SM and that's the only reason why I'm bothering with this" management action.
I mean like calling HR or your HR's boss. No way in hell I would have accepted that. It's your manager's job to inform you. Not your job to look for information on changes.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I print out all my OLCCs and put them to good use. So far I have wallpapered all my upstairs bedrooms and about a third of a family room with them. Can't retire yet!