The morning ballet of the brown sardines

tieguy

Banned
That may be logic but not particularly good logic. :wink2:

I offered it as neither good or bad simply as what it is. In some buildings we park cars and trailer with the idea that we can only do so by scratching them. In others they are accidents. I am a humble servant of such logic who occasionally tries to explain what can not be explained. :happy-very:

ol'browneye

I think sober is asking the company to use a little common sense that's all. I'll bet most centers would ignore a very minor in the building situation IMHO.

Would or should ignore it? Unfortunately that's not the case. We had a driver get charged with an accident and got a warning letter for cracking a mirror while trying to squeeze into his parking space.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I offered it as neither good or bad simply as what it is. In some buildings we park cars and trailer with the idea that we can only do so by scratching them. In others they are accidents. I am a humble servant of such logic who occasionally tries to explain what can not be explained. :happy-very:

Translation: a bull$hip artist

Tiny Panda

Would or should ignore it? Unfortunately that's not the case. We had a driver get charged with an accident and got a warning letter for cracking a mirror while trying to squeeze into his parking space.

You get warnings for cracked mirrors?? We get thru about 10 mirrors a week at our place

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You get warnings for cracked mirrors?? We get thru about 10 mirrors a week at our place

Maybe if these mirrors were bugged with Telematics, they could save the automotive department thousands of dollars in the name of safety. Look how many mirrors would be saved !!?!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Part of the problem would be that you won't be privy to whatever discipline is taken against management.

The logic behind calling minor scratchs accidents is this. If you can't control the car well enough to keep from rubbing against a pole then what keeps you from rubbing up against a live human being?

I enjoy rubbing up against live human beings, preferably female.:happy2:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I know they're all crammed in there. I'm a car parker in Spokane and it's bad enough, but we actually follow UPS policy with is 9ft. on center. The yellow lines are exactly 9ft apart from each other and things are tight that way, but if you park it the right way, there's space aplenty in a perfect world. However UPS loves parking p12's inside across from each other and it's a nightmare. You can tell when a management person has never done the job he's asking you to do.

tieguy

Banned
Translation: a bull$hip artist

No I don't think its really bull****. I think there are management that hold safety to a very high standard and believe broken mirrors and scratched cars are accidents. I can defend that in that those people have high standards. Ups built a solid foundation based on high standards. I can't defend the fact we are not consistent in what we call accidents and what we don't.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
No I don't think its really bull****. I think there are management that hold safety to a very high standard and believe broken mirrors and scratched cars are accidents. I can defend that in that those people have high standards. Ups built a solid foundation based on high standards. I can't defend the fact we are not consistent in what we call accidents and what we don't.

High standards are good.

The best way to uphold and maintain high standards....is for those standards to be rational and based upon logic and common sense.