The Myth of the FedEx "Family"

Ghostwriter

True. The trouble is, that a lot of people do buy it. In the sense that FedEx gives a crap at all about it's employees, it is completely meaningless.

When and if something BAD happens, just take inventory of the "concern" and "care" only then- you will have your true answer...
(BTW I hope nothing bad will ever happen to any of you).

ghost

shelskye

So glad to know that I am not the only courier that was dissapointed when they discontinued the epaulets! As a new hire, I was so envious of those that had more than 1 orange bar and my goal was to make it to 10 years to earn my 3 silver bars... alais, the year I would have earned them.... Now 25 years later, I still wish there was some way to show my years of service on my uniform... through all of the changes we senior couriers have experienced in this company through the years, surely we would have earned 4 gold bars by now!!! And will have earned each one through our dedication, sweat, sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears... which, for the most part, is unknown to anyone with less than 15 years...for are we not the very foundation this company is built upon..... and damn it... we did a hell of a great job!!!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So glad to know that I am not the only courier that was dissapointed when they discontinued the epaulets! As a new hire, I was so envious of those that had more than 1 orange bar and my goal was to make it to 10 years to earn my 3 silver bars... alais, the year I would have earned them.... Now 25 years later, I still wish there was some way to show my years of service on my uniform... through all of the changes we senior couriers have experienced in this company through the years, surely we would have earned 4 gold bars by now!!! And will have earned each one through our dedication, sweat, sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears... which, for the most part, is unknown to anyone with less than 15 years...for are we not the very foundation this company is built upon..... and damn it... we did a hell of a great job!!!!!!

Senior couriers are in the crosshairs for elimination, not recognition. And you are right about the unrecognized sacrifices. WE built FedEx into a great company which made Freddy a billionaire. Now he dumps on us at every opportunity. We are his toilet paper.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Shelskye,
Maybe they could make that banner in the warehouse w/your name on it into a sewable sized patch.
You could sew them onto all your uniforms.

Ghostwriter

No dis-respect and in fact with all due respect, as example my dad retired 25 years in the U.S.A.friend. he did 1 tour in Nam and 2 in Desert Storm- My point is that he has a drawer full of medals and highly written accommodations at his house. Once a Chief asked him to write his own letter of APR for a high medal and the Chief would gladly sign off on it, my dad declined. My dad stated "that if he had to write his own letter of accommodation, he would rather not get the dang thing". This bit of sentiment has served me well. Let me say shelskye, BE proud of what you have done- You got your four gold bars- you don't need the uniform epaulets. What you did and what everyone did who has put real hard work in there can never be taken away...
I would not care to do my 12 years again, yet I am proud I did it. I did it the best I could, while I could.

ghost