The raise in 2002 was bigger than in 2019

Tony Q

But they want to take it away from us. Everyone else is making record paychecks and record dividends. It's a bad deal.
How are they taking it away? They added to it and actually upped everything. You are compensated very well, aren't you?

Tony Q

How about the weak language that states are guaranteed 8hrs and consecutive 5 days states when scheduled and if work is available. Is that a typo on the unions part or a loophole for UPS to cut routes on Monday or any other day due to 22.4s working the weekend. I would tell you to watch the thread saying Informative video on 2018 contract which goes through a list of concessions, but you believe it to be politically motivated so there is no point on asking you to really listen to what it has to say. I have been telling all my coworkers this is a garbage contract and giving reasons why. Also why not make RCPD get first dibs on OT why are we giving 22.4s first bite of the apple. The language is weak and to say it is not is a blatant lie.
I watched it several times. Trust me, I watch everything and see a lot more than you give me credit for. The guy is way off base and feeding angry people that don't know what they are really mad about. Hate feeds hate. Most people are mad about the last contract and the contract getting imposed on them. They let it spill into this contract. Lets call a spade a spade.

How are they taking it away? They added to it and actually upped everything. You are compensated very well, aren't you?
We aren't get our cut of the pie as a matter of fact we are getting a smaller slice. Number one the part time rate is a joke. Most states minimum federal wage will be higher than what the cimpcom is offering.

A 70¢ first year increase is a ball slap and an insult considering all of the give backs they are trying to get this contract. Spin it all yooyu want, this is a bad :censored2:ing deal.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And that health and welfare package will be in the 50,000 range by the end of this contract also. We are practically making you work for peanuts.
It's clear the most important thing for the union this contract was getting their hands on more of that health and welfare money, even if concessions is what it takes to get it.....

Tony Q

The Contract is worth $14.8 billion over 5 years. Translation $2.96 Billion a year. $2.96 billion a year paid by a company that had over $65.97 billion in revenue in 2017. That is 4.4% of revenue. Do you think The board hurt themselves laughing when they heard the sellout contract YOU agreed to?

Jesus Dude, "we need to compete." So everyone of yous take it in the shorts while I get mine." Says Tony the Seller! Wow you truly are bought and paid for by the company! We are the largest player in the game dimwit, We are beating the competition now!!! SO why are we being asked to make concessions? Use that brain god gave you! You are exactly whats wrong with this Union!!

Says the Brown Cafe Seller! Sorry but nobody believes your :censored2: we will read it for ourselves. If this contract was so good it would sell itself. You would not have to huddle with the BA's to give them "talking points" to hide the :censored2: inside.

Lie much? Or lets give you the benefit of the doubt. What industry has worse harassment language? What is their language?

WTF are you going on about now?

Please stop the Lies Tony!

Tony Q

We aren't get our cut of the pie as a matter of fact we are getting a smaller slice. Number one the part time rate is a joke. Most states minimum federal wage will be higher than what the cimpcom is offering.

A 70¢ first year increase is a ball slap and an insult considering all of the give backs they are trying to get this contract. Spin it all yooyu want, this is a bad :censored2:ing deal.
I like how we got the language where if UPS pays more than the market share for a particular region they still get the yearly wages on top of that. We never had that before.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
@Tony Q ,I'm neither attacking nor trolling you,but prior to the details of the contract being released you were very confident that once the membership had all of the details we'd be in love with this contract..........can you please tell me what i'm not seeing? I think due to a two tiered system Full Time Drivers,Poor unclear Language on RPCD guaranteed hours ,poor raises for Part Timers and lowly wage increases this is the worst contract since 1982.
please sell me on this, please help me see what you see.
thanks

@Tony Q ,I'm neither attacking nor trolling you,but prior to the details of the contract being released you were very confident that once the membership had all of the details we'd be in love with this contract..........can you please tell me what i'm not seeing? I think due to a two tiered system Full Time Drivers,Poor unclear Language on RPCD guaranteed hours ,poor raises for Part Timers and lowly wage increases this is the worst contract since 1982.
please sell me on this, please help me see what you see.
thanks
It's the worst contract ever.

So with this contract worth over 14.8 billion over 5 years, do you think this will eat away at those profits you don't like very much?
Let’s all be honest with each other. There is a lot of dead weight on the management side. There’s 6 belt sups at my building that do absolutely nothing but talk on walkie talkies everyday. Lots of fat to be cut all the way up the ladder. You guys need to be reminded who actually gets it done for the company everyday.

mikejonesjr

Let’s all be honest with each other. There is a lot of dead weight on the management side. There’s 6 belt sups at my building that do absolutely nothing but talk on walkie talkies everyday. Lots of fat to be cut all the way up the ladder. You guys need to be reminded who actually gets it done for the company everyday.
Hey now someone has to press the green button to turn the belt back on.. they work hard!

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Ypu arena taking into account what we are already costing the company in compensation. You are just talking about the cost a year on top of cost that is already there.
Give it a break! UPS will raise rates higher in 1 year then the % increase they pay us over 5 years! that is a fact!

Again I am so sorry you cant live on 36 dollars an hour, so we will get you up to over 40 an hour by the end of this contract. And that health and welfare package will be in the 50,000 range by the end of this contract also. We are practically making you work for peanuts.
I call shenanigans! Prove to me the health and welfare package is equals $50,000! I think you liars have been telling this lie for so long its a reflexive go to when you are caught in a lie!

LIAR! 2002 the raise was $.75, 2018's is $.70. This is a FACT that you can not make up! It was published by the IBT page 135 in the blue book! 2013's raise was the same as 2018 at $.70! Page 155 of the current book! That is not upping jack.....Jack! What exactly did our negotiators get paid to do on our behalf?

I like how we got the language where if UPS pays more than the market share for a particular region they still get the yearly wages on top of that. We never had that before.
ROFLMAO, wow, just wow! Who here thinks UPS could hire for the most back-breaking, kick your ass work in a near 0% unemployment environment without paying more than the lowest possible wages? Damn that had to be one very hard sell our negotiators did to get that through! I mean who would want to work at McD's next to a girl in thigh shorts with questionable morals for the same pay when one could work for 4 hours nonstop (except for 1 ten min break which you never know when will come) dripping in sweat the entire time? The negotiators outdid themselves on that one!