The Runner Gunner Lunch Skippers are HATING the new DOT lunch rule

Re-Raise

hey im catchSUCKS,, boo hoo hoo im being wronged by ups boo hoo i will show them, i will suck at my job, and blame people who are good at it because i suck.. boo hoo i matter... really i do

No wonder you have spent 29 yrs running, anyone who acts like you had better be able to run...clown

No wonder you have spent 29 yrs running, anyone who acts like you had better be able to run...clown

I was wondering what I said that really pissed this guy off so I went through his last two pages of posts and all i could find were one after another of one liner spewings of hostility so I guess he's just mad at the world.

I did find this one in light of his claim of 29 years of running to be a bit humorous :

"right there with you.. one day i want to slloowwww ddoooowwwnnn"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What many (if not most) posters on this thread don't seem to realize is this is a federally mandated thirty minute break.

That means no work, at all.

If any of you can convince me that sorting, driving in the general direction of your next stop or even reading DIAD messages is not work (in the service of the company), go for it.

You could get busted!

over9five

Staff member
What many (if not most) posters on this thread don't seem to realize is this is a federally mandated thirty minute break.

If any of you can convince me that sorting, driving in the general direction of your next stop or even reading DIAD messages is not work (in the service of the company), go for it.

You could get busted!
Yup, it absolutely amazes me how far a lunchrunner will go to convince himself that it's OK for him to break the law.

​Cause they sure aint convincing the rest of us!

Re-Raise

Cach, the only information Hellfire has ever added to this site is how fast he is delivering. That is what he is proud of.

I tried to tell him that being the first one done doesn't make you the best,( insert "that is what she said" joke).

I picture him exactly like his avatar too.

Nancy's the other girl.
image.jpg

Upsmule

You could get busted!
Yup, it absolutely amazes me how far a lunchrunner will go to convince himself that it's OK for him to break the law.

​Cause they sure aint convincing the rest of us!

If you've never gone 56 mpg in a 55 mph stretch of road, then what you've said has credibility.

I will bet you someone gets fired next week somewhere for violating this law. You want to bet???
Do you mean that the DOT will do inspections or that UPS will get drivers not putting the time in their boards? I've heard some of the runners in my center say that they will put the 30 min lunch in their boards but that doesn't mean they have to take it. The company doesn't care because the lunch shows up on their report, so everything is good in their eyes.

Do you mean that the DOT will do inspections or that UPS will get drivers not putting the time in their boards? I've heard some of the runners in my center say that they will put the 30 min lunch in their boards but that doesn't mean they have to take it. The company doesn't care because the lunch shows up on their report, so everything is good in their eyes.

​I would think that putting it in but not taking it would only make things worse if they ( UPS and driver) get caught. Definitely wouldn't want to be the mgmt team that sees it as "everything is good".

So it's ok to falsify your time card in order to break the law?? Ok let me know how that works out once ups gets caught. It's only a half hour. I look forward to it. Imagine if the teamsters negotiated away all of our lunchs in this contract. People would go nuts. Don't break the law because when you do and get caught ups will throw the book at you. It's the law now.

I'm not saying mgmt approves of it, but sorting is the only thing invisible to telematics. They can't claim ignorance if they have reports that show every second we are using the diad or moving the truck.