The Runner Gunner Lunch Skippers are HATING the new DOT lunch rule

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The more I read some of these comments the more I am convinced that the DIAD lockout is a good idea. Ask the driver to input lockout time and lock away! Truck doesn't move either!

Upsmule

The more I read some of these comments the more I am convinced that the DIAD lockout is a good idea. Ask the driver to input lockout time and lock away! Truck doesn't move either!

Yeah, screw choice as well as incentive to have a life outside of the work place.

Honestly....what do ya care? If you want to be out all night rock and roll. Why drag everyone else into the dark with you?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah, screw choice as well as incentive to have a life outside of the work place.

Honestly....what do ya care? If you want to be out all night rock and roll. Why drag everyone else into the dark with you?

Go get a different job if u want a 9-5 job. We all signed up for this.

Most jobs have a built in designated lunch period.

Upsmule

Go get a different job if u want a 9-5 job. We all signed up for this.

That's BS. Again, the job I have gives me choices. Why are you so abhorrent about taking away choices the company offers me?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The company does not care that any of its employees wants any kind of family life. We are considered "bargaining units" that exist to move boxes from Point A to Point B, nothing else.

And save the safety BS please.

Yea, save it.

4946499.jpg

Upsmule

The concern for my safety is touching. But it's still a b** smile* reason for wanting to force me to lower my standards to yours.

Upsmule

The solution is simple. Take away bonus and every ups delivery driver will have the same hours every day regardless of what's on their truck. But if there's no standard, there's no accountability. Ah, now there's the teamster way.

oldngray

nowhere special
Bonus is an inherently flawed system due to the inaccuracies and unreliability of time studies. I have been in bonus and non bonus centers and in bonus centers from what I saw allowances magically changed to reduce underallow, and UPS will ask drivers to do many things there is no time allowance for. UPS wanted people to skip lunch and breaks and work unsafely in attempting to get off early. If people were too far under their allowances would be adjusted so they were barely under. UPS could get away with over dispatching routes and have everything delivered without needing to put in more routes. And the drivers that were management's pets would get easy delivery work while others near them got the garbage. Also it created a lot of friction between drivers where people were not willing to work together. I have been on routes where no matter how hard you work you will still be at least an hour over and other routes where it is easy to be an hour under with much less effort. But the change in a center when it goes to bonus are almost all bad. One center I was in voted out bonus because of how it was handled.

Upsmule

The concern for my safety is touching. But it's still a b** smile* reason for wanting to force me to lower my standards to yours.

Following the law and taking my lunch makes me the one with the low standards? Go figure.

You guys are ridiculous. I don't care what you choose to do. Don't worry about what I do. Worry a out your own @ss. If my center gives me the choice to be driving home after doing 10 hours of work in 8 hours....

Duh.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Love all this anger & irrationality over this new rule that we had over a year to get ready for. I'm sorry that so many voices were ignored during the comment period where they could have helped shape this rule.

Oh wait, there weren't any comments against the rest period during the comment period from UPSers.

Good thing we're all registered to vote where we can really make a difference. Oh wait....

U

uber

I don't know how these time studies are done but they're a joke. Give me a pup full of packages to pickup and I'll give you 2 hours under everyday.

Nonetheless, I organize my car on break. It's like 10 packages usually. Whoopdy doo. Sometimes I drop a deuce on the clock so it all evens out.

jaker

trolling
Wow you guys are making a big deal out of runners and this so called new law

us in California have been doing this for years and our diads get lock out to and guess what thre is still runners and gunners , so if you think a new law is going to change things well I guess you still hoping to get the turkeys back