The "S" Does Still Stand For "Service"

menotyou

bella amicizia
Those 'OSA' saturday packages come to our center every week. EVERY WEEK A CUSTOMER SOMEWHERE IN THE 1360 ZIPCODE PAYS FOR A SERVICE THEY DON'T GET. That isn't an hourly not providing service. That is UPS DENYING SERVICE. We would be written up for that. They get away with it. The great computer geek in Atlanta allows this every week. Why?
Isn't that theft of service?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I see both sides of this argument and both have merit. However, this is the bottomline. We should not forget who the battle is with. Not each other but with FedEx and other package delivery companies.

This supe made a battlefield decision and it was the right one in my eyes.

The customer is probably so happy , she or he told at least 10 people about it and those 10 people told others about our Service. UPS probably gained 12 new customers because of this supes action.

We all Win.

No, only the company and customer wins. The union lost money when the sup delivered the package.

Haven't you and everyone else noticed that since Fred and FedEx escaped the NLRB "sanctions" that UPS has become extremely aggressive in breaking UPS Teamsters?

I would say that overall, the war with FedEx is over, UPS gave up rallying the Teamsters against FedEx and is now taking on the ones who tried to work with them. With the contract neg coming up and FedEx walking the finest line ever in their own operations (and doing quite well at it), it's going to get ugly. This is one example of thousands, that's a lot of hours, benefits paid and on-road time not accounted for.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Those 'OSA' saturday packages come to our center every week. EVERY WEEK A CUSTOMER SOMEWHERE IN THE 1360 ZIPCODE PAYS FOR A SERVICE THEY DON'T GET. That isn't an hourly not providing service. That is UPS DENYING SERVICE. We would be written up for that. They get away with it. The great computer geek in Atlanta allows this every week. Why?
Isn't that theft of service?

Check your logical deductions ... I think you are making an incorrect assumption as the starting node of your logic string.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was a computer generated package; in fact, I hadn't seen this on a Saturday pkg before---10 AM/Saturday delivery. The system should have indicated to the shipper that the zip code was not eligible for Saturday delivery.

The customer can override, 3rd party shipping systems may not have this logic and many customer hosted Enterprise systems do not have this logic built into their systems.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Check your logical deductions ... I think you are making an incorrect assumption as the starting node of your logic string.
I do tend to do that at times. And, I wasn't referring to you as the person in Atlanta. But, it does occur every week. I live in one of those 'osa' areas. If I order a package from Victoria Secret and request Saturday delivery, they will oblige. I will not get the package until Monday. I have paid for a service that I did not receive. How does that occur? Why isn't my zip(13650) programmed in somewhere, to automatically stop this? QVC, for instance, doesn't offer Saturday delivery , at all(as far as I know, and I shop there A LOT). There is an ice cream shop in Ohio that ships ice cream NDA, even on Saturday. I would and have delivered this to OSA areas as I recognize the package is in a cooler and is perishable. My co-workers, who would blindly drink the Jim Jones Kool-aid, would NOT deliver this as they have been directed to not deliver OSA packages. So, again I say, why are these OSA packages even allowed to be shipped? How do they get through that million dollar system in Louisville?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The timecard was adjusted this morning.

How was that accomplished???
Were the delivery records adjusted as well???
That type of falsification of records is common place where I work.
That's the only way I could see a driver getting paid for the time without a grievance being filed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How was that accomplished???
Were the delivery records adjusted as well???
That type of falsification of records is common place where I work.
That's the only way I could see a driver getting paid for the time without a grievance being filed.

The package was sheeted in the Saturday air driver's DIAD before he punched out. The Saturday sup did not think of adding the time she spent running it off to his time card so the center manager said he would take care of it by simply adding 30 minutes to his punch out time.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
if working for ups is this bad for most of you,, quit,, go find your perfect job elsewhere

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have to relay a story which may restore your faith in UPS and customer service. I was at one of our local baseball fields watching a game and was chatting with a friend of mine who is the general manager of the team. He told me that he had ordered some jerseys yesterday to be delivered today. He thought that they were being delivered by FedEx. He then got a phone call from what he thought was FedEx explaining that his zip code was outside of their Saturday delivery area and would he like to make alternate delivery arrangements. He told them where he was and they said they would be there within the hour to deliver the jerseys at the baseball field. Imagine his (and my) surprise when our Saturday supervisor pulls up in her personal vehicle to deliver his jerseys. I had never been so proud to be a UPSer than at that moment. Right after she left I called the toll free number and asked that a complimentary concern be forwarded to the center on her behalf as she certainly went above and beyond for this customer.

So whats the name of that Sup? I will need it for my grievance!!