UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our hub definitely went under due to that volume surge. Package car drivers leaving today at 10:20-10-40 am (not a few, pretty much all 200 300 whatever routes). There were hundreds, or even thousands of LIB's and that is only what I could see inside the building. It appeared as though roughly half of the drivers were out past 9pm, as the centers and car lineups were somewhat empty!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
4622EF6F-9334-42BA-A700-81B6893282AC.gif
All unicorns and rainbows here...out by 9, last driver in by 9 nothing missed/rolled on road, preload or local sort just another day.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Today as a center. We matched last yrs peak day. 12k. I had 6 stops short of my all time high-168. Finished a 9 pm. We are clean for tomorrow. It only gets bigger from here

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The manager is saying our main feeder hub is holding trailers for later this week. Still no mention of Saturday deliveries around here.

JL 0513

Does it really make a difference? You are out 14 hrs whether you count your lunch. Yeah you work 13 hours but you are AT WORK for 14 hours.

Well normally you don't count lunch in work hours. For those that have a 40 hour a week job, they don't say they work 45 hours a week. Perhaps you could add commute times too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I didn't vote due to the fact that the best candidate was gypped out of the opportunity to run for president because someone else thought it was her turn and her right. It's not my job to care about what other people miss. I'm supposed to deliver packages. Leave the worrying for the management team.
Exactly we had guys throwing a Bitch fit today because air was so late management decided to just roll it til tomorrow.

Who gives a flying :censored2:????? That's their call not mine.

Dhydratd

Well normally you don't count lunch in work hours. For those that have a 40 hour a week job, they don't say they work 45 hours a week. Perhaps you could add commute times too.
But the 14-hour rule does include your lunch break. if you punch-in at 8am then you must punch-out by 10pm. If you took an hour lunch break then you get paid 13 hours. If you didn't then you get paid 14 hours. You could take a 3-hour lunch break, but you'd still have to punch-out by 10pm.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Exactly we had guys throwing a Bitch fit today because air was so late management decided to just roll it til tomorrow.

Who gives a flying :censored2:????? That's their call not mine.
Air is gonna destroy us this peak. In the past few months air has been later than it's ever been. So since we have our air shuttled out to us we have to back track that much more. With how late air has been I can all but guarantee there will be either missed businesses or missed pick ups because of it.

Brownslave688

Today as a center. We matched last yrs peak day. 12k. I had 6 stops short of my all time high-168. Finished a 9 pm. We are clean for tomorrow. It only gets bigger from here
We are around the same here and from what I heard we are expecting at least 2 more full trailers tomorrow over what we had today. Fun fun

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
But the 14-hour rule does include your lunch break. if you punch-in at 8am then you must punch-out by 10pm. If you took an hour lunch break then you get paid 13 hours. If you didn't then you get paid 14 hours. You could take a 3-hour lunch break, but you'd still have to punch-out by 10pm.

You missed the original post leading up to that response.

Honestly I don't understand when people say they worked 14 hours. Even if you start an hour early at 8am, that puts you out there until 11 pm with an hour lunch, unless people are including lunch for some reason. My center would never allow that.
Did 10 hours today, 6 hrs with helper.

And my response which led to the post your are quoting.

Does it really make a difference? You are out 14 hrs whether you count your lunch. Yeah you work 13 hours but you are AT WORK for 14 hours.

He's having an issue with people saying they worked 14 hours when they didn't even though they were AT WORK for 14 hours...

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Air is gonna destroy us this peak. In the past few months air has been later than it's ever been. So since we have our air shuttled out to us we have to back track that much more. With how late air has been I can all but guarantee there will be either missed businesses or missed pick ups because of it.

And no matter what, it will still be our fault for the problems.

Brownslave688

Maybe they should pay the mechanics already.