the Sticky Icky

DiadTrainer

I'm normally well stocked on supplies but today I was low on tape. i hate delivering a box that's halfway open because if it was me, i always think the last person that touched it did it, or rumbled through it for the scraps. anyway i asked my sup for tape but was told I not to use tape. just deliver and if there's an issue, the customer can refuse to accept or file a complaint. I love my customers, but I love my job even more

is this true? Go Tapeless?
fyi diad training April 31

Saca La

What is it?
I had the same problem one week. They told me if the package is opened. Don’t deliver. Return it to the clerk. But don’t sheet it up as anything. Wtf

Saca La

What is it?
Every package on your car needs a scan.
That’s funny. I had a package today that was literally ripped open with nothing in it (orange envelope). I sheeted it up as non deliver-other-damaged. Sent me a message a few hours later telling me to void package cause we’re not allowed to sheet up anything as other. Return package and send to clerk

barnyard

KTM rider
Go Tapeless?

I do not tape anything. If it is open, that is the way I deliver it. I also do not carry tape. A customer accused me of opening something up and retaping the box 10ish years ago. I taped open boxes before that, never since. friend that. If the shipper wants it taped shut, they will use more than 1 piece of tape across the flaps. That is their job, not mine.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That’s funny. I had a package today that was literally ripped open with nothing in it (orange envelope). I sheeted it up as non deliver-other-damaged. Sent me a message a few hours later telling me to void package cause we’re not allowed to sheet up anything as other. Return package and send to clerk
Yes. Common practice on damages. Your fine.

The clerk will inspect the package for damage and determine the correct coding. They just don’t want customers freaking out that there package is damaged if the contents are fine and just needs retapped or reboxed

I do not tape anything. If it is open, that is the way I deliver it. I also do not carry tape. A customer accused me of opening something up and retaping the box 10ish years ago. I taped open boxes before that, never since. friend that. If the shipper wants it taped shut, they will use more than 1 piece of tape across the flaps. That is their job, not mine.
10 years ago a customer accused me of a dishonest act and I have never gotten over it.

barnyard

KTM rider
10 years ago a customer accused me of a dishonest act and I have never gotten over it.
I got angry all over again just typing up my diatribe. I know the house, the address and remember the woman. Pretty sure she remembers me too. I went to the same house for a pick up and she handed me an open box, I gave it back to her and said, "I do not carry tape, if you want it to get to where it is going, tape it up" and I gave it back to her. She threw it at me and told me to take it. I left it on the lawn and it was still there the next day when I marked the call tag "NR2." It was not on my car for day 3.

I got angry all over again just typing up my diatribe. I know the house, the address and remember the woman. Pretty sure she remembers me too. I went to the same house for a pick up and she handed me an open box, I gave it back to her and said, "I do not carry tape, if you want it to get to where it is going, tape it up" and I gave it back to her. She threw it at me and told me to take it. I left it on the lawn and it was still the the next day when I marked the call tag "NR2." It was not on my car for day 3.
Wow!

F

Frankie's Friend

I got angry all over again just typing up my diatribe. I know the house, the address and remember the woman. Pretty sure she remembers me too. I went to the same house for a pick up and she handed me an open box, I gave it back to her and said, "I do not carry tape, if you want it to get to where it is going, tape it up" and I gave it back to her. She threw it at me and told me to take it. I left it on the lawn and it was still there the next day when I marked the call tag "NR2." It was not on my car for day 3.
21FB5991-A525-4D01-BAA0-4CA49C90CB83.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
I’m still using UPS tape and it’s been over 17 years since I retired. A couple years ago another full bundle of the the 2 inch tape showed up at my door. :-)