The Truth !

10 point

I know Weber did.
They aren't the ones that I was speaking of.
I was reminiscing "some" of the comments prior to ratification of the last CBA.
It isn't a blanket condemnation of all representation.
Thankfully.

There are great things in the contract (vacations, 9.5 list, etc) but often the loss of staple items is a sign of a steady downward slide to come later.

5habits100

In the game, so much has changed since our dinosaur negotiators drove a UPS truck. They are completely out of touch. I bet half of them couldn't tell you what a hin number is.
I will tell them. It is "Handling Instructions Number". HIN number does not make sense as handling instructions number number. Before you slam them make sure you get it right first.:D

Inthegame

In the game, so much has changed since our dinosaur negotiators drove a UPS truck. They are completely out of touch. I bet half of them couldn't tell you what a hin number is.
You've gone round the bend again Irish, but I'll play.
Here's what hasn't changed. UPS has had, and continues to have, many managers that have unreasonable expectations from their employees.
What do you think the union negotiating committee guys do between national contracts? They know intimately what's going on by the constant flow of grievances and terminations that they deal with, and know more about the entire UPS operation than you'll ever understand.
Would you prefer "just out of the truck newbies, who know what a HIN number is" negotiating National Contracts with no experience? Better yet, would you want that fresh newbie trying to save your job, or one of those "out of touch" guys you're ripping? We both know that answer.
The guys negotiating worked in the craft. To get the memories of abuse out of their heads they'd need a lifetime of counseling. They'll never forget.

10 point

Here's what hasn't changed. UPS has had, and continues to have, many managers that have unreasonable expectations from their employees.
What do you think the union negotiating committee guys do between national contracts? They know intimately what's going on by the constant flow of grievances and terminations that they deal with, and know more about the entire UPS operation than you'll ever understand.
Would you prefer "just out of the truck newbies, who know what a HIN number is" negotiating National Contracts with no experience? Better yet, would you want that fresh newbie trying to save your job, or one of those "out of touch" guys you're ripping? We both know that answer.
The guys negotiating worked in the craft. To get the memories of abuse out of their heads they'd need a lifetime of counseling. They'll never forget.
Unlike our GP.
That's why so many identified with Carey.

5habits100

I can't wait for his/her response

Irishman Collins

I think it is imperative that our National negotiators as well as all panel members, state, region and national understand the jobs in which they are ruling on. In fact, some negotiators and panel members have never even worked at UPS. I would like the aforementioned to take an interest in learning the job and staying up with the changes. In order to be effective I would think that is what anyone would do in their positions.

5habits100

I think it is imperative that our National negotiators as well as all panel members, state, region and national understand the jobs in which they are ruling on. In fact, some negotiators and panel members have never even worked at UPS. I would like the aforementioned to take an interest in learning the job and staying up with the changes. In order to be effective I would think that is what anyone would do in their positions.
Where can I sign to get you on the ballot for the IBT? You can tell them what the handling identification number number is.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In many vocations, it's called "continuing education".

My wife works for a public school system, and in order for her to keep her license, she has to earn "continuing education credits".

Here's food for thought for the guys who are "Inthegame" or "BigUnionGuy's", use these "production rides" as an "argument" to get on the car (or behind it) and see for yourself what you don't understand.
Call it an information request?

In all seriousness, and with all due respect, I believe Inthegame and BUG do know, get it and have done the work, but that makes them special.

If we are to survive as union, we must flatten the curve.
We have too many career politicians along for the ride, making the most of a name gone by.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where can I sign to get you on the ballot for the IBT? You can tell them what the handling identification number number is.
Your "throw your hat in the ring or shut up" argument is stale.

What's your "handling identification #"?

We can't all be IBT President, but we all have a right and duty to contemplate who should and will be.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Here's food for thought for the guys who are "Inthegame" or "BigUnionGuy's", use these "production rides" as an "argument" to get on the car (or behind it) and see for yourself what you don't understand.

I must be eating the wrong foods.

Because, I barely understand what you are saying.

Help me out.

-Bug-