The ultimate in Service Failure

Glorifiedpackmule

I told a manager just the other day that the company wide push for Increased sph and productivity was going to get someone killed. I don't know if that was the cause of this accident or not. The driver could of been reaching for a candy bar or in the middle of a sneeze for all I know. Could happen to any of us . It only takes is a split second. If this did happen because of some idiot telling the courier he wasn't moving fast enough.. Well then shame on management. At the end of the day they're just boxes. No box is worth taking someone's life. I don't know if I could live with myself if I hurt another person over a damn box.

bbsam

Staff member
I told a manager just the other day that the company wide push for Increased sph and productivity was going to get someone killed. I don't know if that was the cause of this accident or not. The driver could of been reaching for a candy bar or in the middle of a sneeze for all I know. Could happen to any of us . It only takes is a split second. If this did happen because of some idiot telling the courier he wasn't moving fast enough.. Well then shame on management. At the end of the day they're just boxes. No box is worth taking someone's life. I don't know if I could live with myself if I hurt another person over a damn box.
this kind of empathy must be reserved for those in Express. Anyone get an update on that fat fatality out in California?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Considering the piling on Ground that some around here like to engage in, I think I am being rather civil.

Accidents like the one in Reno are relatively rare at Express, not so much for Ground. Given Ground's poor safety record, I can see a real jump in accidents once you get XS and E2. The larger point IMO, is that the harder FedEx pushes anyone, the more innocent people are going to suffer for it. Like I said, nobody knows what the courier was doing but themselves, but just maybe they were looking at the PowerPad or rushing to not have service failures, OR driving crazy to make SPH. Now some poor guy out for a ride on his bike is dead.

Safety has become secondary at FedEx, and that's not right. They pay a lot of lip service to it, but their real concern is profits, and not the welfare of employees or the general public. Whenever there is an accident, FedEx "cares" about their out-of-pocket, not the dead or injured.

bbsam

Staff member
My point is yours. Nobody knows. Nobody knew in the Ground fatality either, but you and others were all over that, weren't you?

STFXG

MFE please cite a source for grounds safety record. How many fatal accidents and how many serious accidents? You talk about the safety record all the time. Show your source.