The UPS Driver's Air Creed

PT Car Washer

some local CHSP lackey probably wrote it

>I will always set-up my air stops before I leave the building
is against the methods, as the air stops should be in stop-for-stop order already; the driver should only verify, no re-handling
Really? Stop for stop order. Their order would have me doing 12:00 commits before the 10:30 commits. Sometimes wants me to start at the farthest point and work my way in. We had a Division manager that told us to run our stops in order or else. After a week of constant late air, Center manager said to run them your way and have no more late air. That Division manager certainly earned my respect.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol... EAM... whats the point of that?! They are late 90% of the time here.

Except for and this is no joke, we have a few zip codes with a 1400 commit time for EAMs.
We have a few zips with those. With air being late every single day for the past four months they're about the only EAM's that get delivered on time anymore.

Last edited:

Ghost in the Darkness

Does anyone know what goes on with refunds, does the company refund money or do they find an excuse not to, or are people just not filing refund claims for failed service guarantees? I'm sure they use weather a lot but thats not going to work all the time. Anyone got any insider info on this?

PT Car Washer

Does anyone know what goes on with refunds, does the company refund money or do they find an excuse not to, or are people just not filing refund claims for failed service guarantees? I'm sure they use weather a lot but thats not going to work all the time. Anyone got any insider info on this?
We were discussing this last Saturday as we were waiting for our late air to arrive. EAM's are refunded to 10:30 commit price and late 10:30 are reduced to 1P saver price. Does that sound right?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I would think most resi stops don't even realize or care its late. Mostly see them sitting in the spot I delivered them when I roll through later in the day.

Ghost in the Darkness

Ok, that makes a little more sense of things being the way they are. From that it sounds like there is no incentive for UPS to fix its air issues then. Doesn't seem like fedex is on the ball enough to capitalize, I hear plenty of complaints about Express and Ground out and about.

Ghost in the Darkness

Most of our drivers don't even bother breaking off to get what they can on time. Its amazing that only a couple of years ago they wanted to and did fire drivers for late air, now drivers don't care and management looks defeated and nothing changes. Its pretty comical... and embarassing all at once.