The UPS Policy Book: Have you read it??????

ymelord

ymelord,

For you:

Dear Lord, I ask in your name to have your Holy Spirit move in the heart of ymelord's boss.

Please help him and all those responsible for seeing that their employees are cared for truly care for them.

Help them see the light and do the right thing and stand up for family values by seeing to it that workers get home in time to properly lead their families.

I ask for Your grace and your mercy in this area.

I ask that your will be done.

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Sincerely,
I
Hope this works, I'll let you all know tomorrow.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't remember Jim Casey saying that....

This is a thread about the UPS Policy Book ?

-Bug-
BigUnionGuy,

Nor do I. I am not sure if Jim Casey was a man of the Faith.

Yes, the topic of this discussion is clear however, in my view it would not be fair for me not to engage in the responses to this thread even if they are inappropriate at times and off often off topic.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I read it once, many many years ago.

It was meaningless then, and I am quite sure it is meaningless now.

Policies are only as valid as the mechanisms for enforcing them. The only "policies" that are relevant to me as an hourly union employee are those contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. That agreement clearly defines my role as an employee, my wages, my benefits, and any conditions of employment. It also defines the consequences for either side failing to live up to that agreement, and the legally binding procedure for resolving disputes. Unlike the "policy book", it is a legal and binding agreement.
soberups,

It has been recently revised. I suggest you read it again.

Internal whistle blowing procedures are in place at most large corporations these days.

Every employee has the responsibility to blow the whistle when policies are being violated.

This is the initial step in enforcing policies.

Collective bargaining agreements and company policy however related, are not the same and cannot be viewed the same.

I look at the Policy Book as the final word on "work as directed".

It clearly gives direction to all UPS employees management and hourly.

The UPS policies should be treated no less than other directions, work as directed, then grieve if you feel it is a violation of the collective bargaining agreement.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,

I disagree.

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay" sayeth the Lord.

God does not want you to blow the whistle. He will take care of it for you.

O
over9five,

I agree that ultimately we all must trust that God will do what he says he will do to those who don't believe.

That is clearly in the Holy Scriptures.

That does not absolve us from living for Him and obeying our employers. Even when the evil is so prevalent that some of the faulty leaders even mock the directions given.

The Corporate Executives of UPS say it is the job of every UPS employee to report to them any situation where a UPS standard or regulatory law is being violated.

This is a clear statement of Policy in the UPS Code of Business Conduct.

If The Corporate Executives want you to blow the whistle and God wants you to obey your employer then

God does want you to blow the whistle and trust that he will have the last word on evil.

The question we really all must face is what side are we on good or evil?

What side are you on over9five?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Bamm integrity there you have it. Our leader has spoken and once again he has nailed it. Thanks sober
anonymous,

I view Chery as the leader of this site.

I value and respect his posts and opinions but I don't view him as a leader.

Are you involved in a small group that you have chosen soberups as your leader?

I have responded to soberups post.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
"Our leader"??

There is no doubt that Sober is a highly respected member of this forum. I respect him. We have differing points of view on certain topics (guns) but we are both able to present our side of the debate knowing that it will be received by the other in a respectful manner.

I would also think he would be the first to disavow any leadership role on this forum.
UpstateNYUPser,

Well said!

Sincerely,
I

Catatonic

Nine Lives
anonymous,

I view Cheryl as the leader of this site.

Sincerely,
I

Cheryl owns this site and provides rules and regulations as to how posters can post on the site but she rarely posts on this site ... therefore little involvement and by default, little leadership. She does this on purpose.

Moderators enforce those rules and ensure the site is a "relatively" nice place to post and interact - sort of like police.
When Mods post, they are not they are not doing so as Mods but as a member of the community.
The establishing of rules and regulations and the enforcing of them does not constitute LEADERSHIP.

My observation is that there is no LEADER on this site but many individuals step up to provide leadership at various times. Many times, this is via the "Report Post" function, other times it is stepping up and condemning racist positions/icons, other times it is being considerate to others whose positions are not your own.

It appears to me that you attempt to provide leadership but it is not accepted with open arms. The reason for that may be that we are not looking for a LEADER.

JMO

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cheryl owns this site and provides rules and regulations as to how posters can post on the site but she rarely posts on this site ... therefore little involvement and by default, little leadership. She does this on purpose.

Moderators enforce those rules and ensure the site is a "relatively" nice place to post and interact - sort of like police.
When Mods post, they are not they are not doing so as Mods but as a member of the community.
The establishing of rules and regulations and the enforcing of them does not constitute LEADERSHIP.

My observation is that there is no LEADER on this site but many individuals step up to provide leadership at various times. Many times, this is via the "Report Post" function, other times it is stepping up and condemning racist positions/icons, other times it is being considerate to others whose positions are not your own.

It appears to me that you attempt to provide leadership but it is not accepted with open arms. The reason for that may be that we are not looking for a LEADER.

JMO
Hoaxster,

Well said!

Have a great day!

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
It was a joke david and he knows it. Integrity knows it also as he know Jesus is my leader. Jesus loved to hang with sinners and damm I'm definitely one of these. I'm trying to bust integrity don a little as I think he was out of line in this thread. As to a leader sober is one for sure at ups aand in how he posts on this forum. He is by far the best writer we have here. His posts per rep show how much he is appreciated.
anonymous,

If you show me where you believe I was out of line then I will look at it and try to correct it if I agree with your assessement.

I mean you no harm or insult.

Name calling is insulting.

Sincerely,
I