The UPS Policy Book: Have you read it??????

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity,
I have read portions of the policy book. However, I'm sadden by reading it because I feel the company hasn't held true to Jim Casey's policies. I think Jim Casey would be appalled by current UPS.
Zeptar,

Thanks for your participation.

I agree strongly with you observation.

It is every employee's responsibility to blow the whistle on anyone violating the company's policies.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
This is my last post on this subject but I am sad for you that you have to believe in a higher being to give your life hope and purpose. I have great hope in my life I have a great job great wife I hope to have kids someday. I don't need there to be something more I enjoy my life the way it is. I don't need there to be reason for everything in my life that happens. I totally understand that some people need to believe that's fine with me just don't preach to me about it. I have told my wife many times I hope she takes our kids to church because the church does teach great morals and values. Also as a great philosopher once said what is the incentive to not follow. If you devote your life to the church and god and he doesn't exist what's the downside really u made yourself a better moral human. The flip side is not devoting yourself to god and he does exist. Well the down side is much hotter and far worse. I wish I could follow blindly I really do (let's be truthful that's what people do is follow blindly) but if there is a god he would know I'm not sincer and that I'm just covering my ass just incase. So you see I can't go to church until I truly believe that day may come it may not but until then I'll ride and enjoy the roller coaster that is life.
Brownslave688,

No one has to believe anything. I don't have to believe anything.

I once lived as you did but the truth has been revealed to me personally and certainly.

Thank you for your honest answer.

I will pray for the salvation of your soul.

Sincerely,
I

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I read it once, many many years ago.

It was meaningless then, and I am quite sure it is meaningless now.

Policies are only as valid as the mechanisms for enforcing them. The only "policies" that are relevant to me as an hourly union employee are those contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. That agreement clearly defines my role as an employee, my wages, my benefits, and any conditions of employment. It also defines the consequences for either side failing to live up to that agreement, and the legally binding procedure for resolving disputes. Unlike the "policy book", it is a legal and binding agreement.

over9five

Staff member
It is every employee's responsibility to blow the whistle on anyone violating the company's policies.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity,

I disagree.

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay" sayeth the Lord.

God does not want you to blow the whistle. He will take care of it for you.

O

Policies are only as valid as the mechanisms for enforcing them. The only "policies" that are relevant to me as an hourly union employee are those contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement. That agreement clearly defines my role as an employee, my wages, my benefits, and any conditions of employment. It also defines the consequences for either side failing to live up to that agreement, and the legally binding procedure for resolving disputes. Unlike the "policy book", it is a legal and binding agreement.
Bamm integrity there you have it. Our leader has spoken and once again he has nailed it. Thanks sober

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bamm integrity there you have it. Our leader has spoken and once again he has nailed it. Thanks sober

"Our leader"??

There is no doubt that Sober is a highly respected member of this forum. I respect him. We have differing points of view on certain topics (guns) but we are both able to present our side of the debate knowing that it will be received by the other in a respectful manner.

I would also think he would be the first to disavow any leadership role on this forum.

over9five

Staff member
"Our leader"??

There is no doubt that Sober is a highly respected member of this forum. I respect him. We have differing points of view on certain topics (guns) but we are both able to present our side of the debate knowing that it will be received by the other in a respectful manner.

I would also think he would be the first to disavow any leadership role on this forum.
That's right! Upstate is our leader and don't you forget it!!!!

:happy2:

"Our leader"??

It was a joke david and he knows it. Integrity knows it also as he know Jesus is my leader. Jesus loved to hang with sinners and damm I'm definitely one of these. I'm trying to bust integrity don a little as I think he was out of line in this thread. As to a leader sober is one for sure at ups aand in how he posts on this forum. He is by far the best writer we have here. His posts per rep show how much he is appreciated.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

You talking about the Policy Book or the Bible?
This thread seems to mix them up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
While everybody is doing all of this praying, I could use a prayer. I would like to see my family a little earlier each night. Could everyone say a prayer, (please) that ymelord's boss find the strenght to do the right thing, and drop his stop count.
ymelord,

For you:

Dear Lord, I ask in your name to have your Holy Spirit move in the heart of ymelord's boss.

Please help him and all those responsible for seeing that their employees are cared for truly care for them.

Help them see the light and do the right thing and stand up for family values by seeing to it that workers get home in time to properly lead their families.

I ask for Your grace and your mercy in this area.

I ask that your will be done.

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Sincerely,
I