The Way it should be!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Cameras in the cab" was one of the major issues being negotiated in the recently-ended CCTA bus drivers strike. The drivers, represented by Teamsters Local 597, were on strike for 16 days over working conditions and the use of technology for discipline. The strike was settled after the company backed off on the cameras issue.

Come on! All the other trucking companies are installing cameras. Most are teamster represented. Your telling me, UPS will not.? Your blind. If you believe they won't . The union will say, "oh, it's UPS. They cant have cameras. " Although all the other teamster backed companies have them
Do you think they actually want to see what goes on?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
It's not hard to adapt and do what's right. They pay me 33and some change to play games. I love to play games do you?

Yes. I do. But, too many obstacles every day. To be perfect. I do the best I can. I feel I do a great job everyday. For me that's all. My safety and well being trumps all their bs

710 steward

Oh hell yeah...if they're itching to get rid of a driver...it'll just make it that much easier. Look, no three points of contact getting back in the cab...warning letter!

You are referring to the methods. The methods are not part of the contract. They cannot fire you for a contract violation when they aren't part of the contract. When have you seen a person fired for not using the handrail? Don't buy into the tick tack politics. Use the methods to the best of your ability but don't think that you have to be perfect every time. If you are giving a good faith effort to do your job efficiently they cannot touch you. They can try to make things uncomfortable but whatever. Show me how it's done. They can't. Relax and honestly do your job. Everything will be just fine.

3 done 3 to go

Bo,

Management will totally make upand plain lie. Then you have to try to remember what happened. I know I'm way to worried about getting done.

Bo,

Management will totally make upand plain lie. Then you have to try to remember what happened. I know I'm way to worried about getting done.
I do t care when I get done. They've made up lies about me and I've seen those same managers demoted and terminated. You get a good bunch of guys together who like to play games back and they get scared. You get scared go to church. I get scared I just sit in my truck plotting. If more members were like me we'd be better off.

Back to aligning yourselves with a good bunch of guys who like to play games. Well it's a beautiful thing and you will see members will look up to you.

Last edited:

3 done 3 to go

The problem is 22 areas in my center. 3/4 of the guys kiss ass. I'm the only one who takes my lunch in the 3rd to 5th hr. I have 4 1/2 for my 30. It's about survival now. Our local has given UPS the reigns. I don't feel protection from the union anymore. Just threats of what raises we will lose. Ny state made 80%stock untreated. Our local made 10. They should be put in jail.