The way the world is supposed to be?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
When it comes to spirituality, I am indifferent to science.
Logically, the two are mutually exclusive.
I don’t know that any of them are correct. I do like the idea that man in his infinite arrogance will try to define in human terms who and what God is not only for himself but for every living being.
I don’t know that any of them are correct. I do like the idea that man in his infinite arrogance will try to define in human terms who and what God is not only for himself but for every living being.
Science is based on a hubris belief that man can understand the infinitely unfathomable.
Spirituality is based on the non-egotistical* belief that man cannot control the events in the universe.

* Not intrusive in the display of one's own personality or interpretation; not centred on or obtrusive in reference to oneself.
Characterized by a lack of self-interest; altruistic; beyond the merely physical or instinctive; spiritual.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The GOD Gene

The God gene hypothesis proposes that human spirituality is influenced by heredity and that a specific gene, called vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2), predisposes humans towards spiritual or mystic experiences.
The idea has been proposed by geneticist Dean Hamer in the 2004 book called The God Gene: How Faith is Hardwired into our Genes.

The God gene hypothesis is based on a combination of behavioral genetic, neurobiological and psychological studies.
The major arguments of the hypothesis are:
(1) spirituality can be quantified by psychometric measurements;
(2) the underlying tendency to spirituality is partially heritable;
(3) part of this heritability can be attributed to the gene VMAT2;
(4) this gene acts by altering monoamine levels; and
(5) spirituality provides an evolutionary advantage by providing individuals with an innate sense of optimism.

Experiences of 'ultimate reality' or 'God' confer lasting benefits to mental health: The encounter experiences, whether spontaneous or originated by a psychedelic, resulted in similar positive impact

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I disagree, evil is always wrong.
we all evil in some little ways
mc-opi-dr-evil-white-20171107

Last edited: