They going to fire me tomorrow.

rod

Retired 22 years
It sure seems to be a big deal for some people on here. It don't seems to be that big of deal during peak when whole trailers are "missed".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It sure seems to be a big deal for some people on here. It don't seems to be that big of deal during peak when whole trailers are "missed".
I actually gave a customer the phone number to the center on Xmas eve. She had the tracking for her package and it showed known closed. Lol it was a residential package. No idea if she got her stuff or not but honestly recording the tracking information for a customer is something that should be a selling point for us to customers. Not a sticking point.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

Isn't it amazing that every center seems to do everything differently. Should there not be uniform policies on every single thing we do as UPS drivers, particularly as it pertains to how packages are sheeted? Lot's of guys here casually just say, sheet it missed! While many of us know we get into trouble for ever sheeting something missed. In my center, the missed button on our DIAD might as well not exist, along with the "damaged" key that you can't use.

We are set up to fail. We have guidelines and policies in place but because of damn reports and the management chain reaction, center management instructs us that we can't sheet missed because then they have to answer for it from above. Why does upper management have to question everything? All it does is promote falsification. A center manager can deal with missed packages and such internally. Not the end of the world.

We as drivers should never have to fear sheeting everything exactly as it is. Missed, damaged, whatever. Yet, it is set up so that we get in trouble both ways.
You will never get in trouble for honestly sheeting a package.
image.jpeg

Go ahead save this pic to your phone. I'm
Sure you have taken the training. If not you will soon. Don't be afraid to tell them what they are asking you to do is falsifying records. 99% of the time they just say fine sheet it missed or whatever.

Damages are a little bit different. I understand their point. If they don't want us deciding what is damaged and what isn't I'm fine with that. We have enough on our plates.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Damaged and ups damaged are different. I don't think sheeting it refused is dishonest. You're supposed to ask the customer if they want the package and add DAMAGE in the remarks column if they take it (DIAD training). If they don't want it then refused is the appropriate designation as far as drivers are concerned. It's then up to the damage clerk to go thru his/her checklist to determine if the damage is a claim or not and follow his directives regarding what to do with the package.

Were instructed to bring misloads back to the bldg. I figure that new language about not being held responsible for supes recording under my name protects me, regardless how they choose to sheet it then. I'm punched out and nothing is left in EDD if I've sent it in.

You're missing the point.

Drivers are being instructed to record a damaged package as refused without even contacting the customer.

Do we know for a fact that the customer wants to refuse it? No we do not.

The package needs to be sheeted as damaged, not refused. Unless it was shown to the customer and they refuse it.

oldngray

nowhere special

Drivers are being instructed to record a damaged package as refused without even contacting the customer.

The package needs to be sheeted as damaged, not refused. Unless it was shown to the customer and they refuse it.

Don't they tell you to sheet a damaged package as missed then have a clerk later process it as damaged? Unless they don't want to get dinged for the missed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have been off for a couple of weeks but the last training that I received said to sheet damages as missed, not refused. Refused would indicate that you showed the package to the consignee and they then indicated that they did not want it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I scanned this misload that they took the picture of today after my first stop around 930. They knew I was not going to be able to make delivery on it. The diad prompts this question if able to deliver, I selected no.

You found a misload at 9:30 in the morning and your mgt team couldn't be bothered to make arrangements to get that package delivered?

JL 0513

Don't they tell you to sheet a damaged package as missed then have a clerk later process it as damaged? Unless they don't want to get dinged for the missed.

Nope, can never used missed. Instructed to sheet refused without attempt. I've argued about this even after a customer called saying they didn't refuse it. That's what they want. Anything to keep the reports clean.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's strange that drivers have to get permission from their CMs just to follow methods. The comments in this thread are kind of disturbing. Don't evade methods to accommodate your deceptive management team. They won't accommodate you when they are the ones that get the unwanted attention of a district/region manager.

Last edited:

reginald95

The Methods are sheet any packages that you couldn't deliver as missed. Same with damaged packages that were too bad in shape to show to customers. Missed with "Damaged" in the remarks column. You drivers need to grow a sack and let your supervisors know that the methods are the methods.

Brownslave688

Sheet as missed and put damaged in the remarks but I believe we have had training that directly refutes that.

It said sheet as damaged.