They Have No Shame???

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Bubblehead, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I have been getting numerous reports from co-workers about the IBT conducting a cell phone text blitz, encouraging us to vote in tomorrow's mid-term elections.

I wonder how many of tomorrow's races will be subject to an unadvertised two-thirds/50% rule....or even an "executive order" trapdoor clause.

Seriously, why would the IBT think that any UPSer gives two shakes about how they want us to vote....after they once again took a giant crap on our own democratic process???

SMH

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  2. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I have been getting bombarded by republican text messages on my cell phone. I have no idea how they got my number but receive half a dozen a day. I text back to "Impeach now and make America safe again". They still send me more messages.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. Days

Days Active Member

That’s so hypocritical

4. Ya Dad

Ya Dad Member

"Are you still there, Brett?"

LMFAO

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • List
  5. Sickofit

Sickofit watching the show

I got a text early evening (calling me a name I dont know) and telling me my voting record is public info, noting that "I" voted in the last 4 general elections so make sure that I vote.

6. Time for change

Time for change Active Member

After what you all did with the contract, you want to influence my vote? Go to hell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. TearsInRain

TearsInRain IE boogeyman

fingers crossed for commie tears by EOD

8. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Still whining ?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  9. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

2/3 has been the rule since the 91 convention. Have you been under a rock? lol

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. Bubblehead

"The 2/3 Rule" actually long predates the 1991 National Convention, where do get your information?

Prior to the 1991 Convention, when the rule was watered down with the 50% provision, it didn't matter if every single member voted, two thirds was required to reject a final offer.

Do you find it odd that it apparently wasn't "a rule" in 2013, when 18 supplements failed, many with less than 50% voting???
    Nope, since 1991 when I was a 5 year part time hub employee, I have matriculated to a package car driver position in 1994 where I still reside on an 18 year bid route.

In January of 2005 I was elected as Steward of a large hub with 3 package car centers and presently represent approximately 230 drivers.

So no, I have hardly been "under a rock" and feel 100% validated in my feelings and opinions....but thanks for asking.:wink2:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  11. Sickofit

I think you missed the point.

12. Irishman Collins

Irishman Collins Active Member

Wow..., such a strong response!

13. Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Sissy Brown Short Shorts Active Member

I asked the guy who messaged me if we were going to remove Hoffa from office since he didn’t meet the 50% participation threshold. He never got back to me.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. RolloTony Brown Town

RolloTony Brown Town Active Member

Maybe he didn’t respond because you mispelled his name.

15. Sickofit

Looks like a screen shot that was sent to @Bubblehead from one of the numerous co-workers who reported the texts.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  16. anHOURover

anHOURover Well-Known Member

How was Chicago bubble ?

17. Bubblehead

I was in St Louis last weekend, but from the looks of the pictures, it was like Philadelphia West.

Those people seem very desperate for a leader since Jumbo hasn't been in the picture.

18. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Protecting union interests and its future. You forgetting the majority of teamsters are to LAZY to vote? Cmon man

19. hellfire

You will be there ms toxicity, so you can discuss it then

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  20. hellfire

Honestly man, you let me down on this post