Things You Will Never Hear Said at UPS....

DS

Fenderbender
I'll code out an extra half hour to meal since I was BS'ing with joe and lost track of the time.

.:happy-very:
Actually tie,sometimes,although its very rare,I find myself with nothing to do.When this happens,I put it in my board as break.To be honest,it's not that I have a lot of integrity ,its the fact that those buggers could be following me at any given time.:proud:

Sometimes I even walk up to my oncar sup in the AM and say hey man,I need a split.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ds if you are out of work that is not your break or lunch! Unless its scheduled like that everyday on your route. This would be called down time and is a huge reason alot of drivers joined a union.

I really never have that problem, on friday at 1330 when i took my lunch i had 70 stops delivered, 44 business stops left and than another 60 residentials. Finished my business right at 1700, luckily and did my resi's punched out about 2030 on a fridat night.

Bad Gas!

If you go injury free this year you get a $500 bonus at Christmas......and if you go accident free you get a 1000$ bonus at Christmas!

Mellen24

Things You Will Never Hear Said at UPS

1. Thank you.​

2. We appreciate your efforts.​

3. Family life is important to us.​

4. Please donate to United Way only if you want to.​

5. We value your input.​

6. Please let us know what we can do for you.​

7. That's an excellent idea--we will make the changes right away.​

I don't know where the rest of you work, but I hear most of these things ya'll never hear. I was out for three weeks for surgery and my FT sup called to see how I was doing. She also told me to take as much time as I felt I needed. What was important was my recovery. When I returned, a FT sup and three PT sups told me how happy they were to see me back. They all told me what a great job I did for them, they also thank me for the work I did. This is at least a weekly occurance. I work for a great bunch of sups.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't know where the rest of you work, but I hear most of these things ya'll never hear. I was out for three weeks for surgery and my FT sup called to see how I was doing. She also told me to take as much time as I felt I needed. What was important was my recovery. When I returned, a FT sup and three PT sups told me how happy they were to see me back. They all told me what a great job I did for them, they also thank me for the work I did. This is at least a weekly occurance. I work for a great bunch of sups.

Even #4?

4. Please donate to United Way only if you want to.​

DS

Fenderbender
Ds if you are out of work that is not your break or lunch! .

705,normally I would agree,but they got sick of me calling for help every day,and now tell me to pull off as many stops as I think I need to and give them to the excess driver.I'd feel dishonest if I took the time as paid when it was actually my fault.Its a bit of a guessing game though,my preloader cant count to 21 naked.

I guess I have a different kind of route,I can get up to 35 noon commits,
then I do my bulk stops,try to burn off the cod's and apartment stops,and as many oncalls as I can,then I take my break 230ish and start my p/u log at 320pm,when thats done I have maybe 10 resis and 2 lbx's,left and the late oncalls(up to 630 pm here)and usually punch out by 745 pm

OntHRrep

How Can I help you??
Never will here:
You dont need to go to Human Resources to change your mailling address, or to fix that missing check, or to change from unloader to loader. We (your current managment team) can help you right here.

OntHRSup

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Things you won't here at UPS:

1. I understand if you don't make 9.5 because your heavy today...LOL
2. We are going by senoirity in giving days off today...LOL
3. We will send you some help with your over 70's when you call us....LOL
4. We have reviewed the time allowances on your route....and you gained an hour.It was our mistake ..sorry..
5. Be careful in that thunderstorm/tornado today...
6. The mgt team will stop screwing up your route with add/cuts five min.s before you leave building..
7. We are sorry you were missing pkgs today and lost time looking for these pkgs.Therefore we will code extra time allowance for each missing stop you had.
8. The DM wishes to apologize to each driver in the center because he knows in his(her) heart(if he had one) that probably 3 out 5 days a week the drivers are getting shafted.Furthermore, he wishes to apologize to the mgt team for being arogant and disrespectful to them..
9. Have an unsafe day..Drive like heck!...LOL
:happy2:

outamyway

Starting tommorow we fill focus all route planning with an eye on customer service. Routes will be adjusted so business customers get AM to early PM deliveries. Residential splits will no longer be paled into AM sections before businesses. Computerized route planning will be replaced by customer and driver feedback. Whenever possible common sense will prevail over production quotas. center manager's will now have the ability to decide if the printout from above works in the real world. We as a corporation have finally figured out that no amount of imaginary fuel saving can replace lost customers and we are driving more away than any Sales Lead contests can ever hope to replace. New motto, "Putting the "S" back in UPS"

Logic?

Sorry, it doesn't work at UPS.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You're right, I didn't actually hear him say this...., but the lunch was really good and I didn't have to file a grievance for letting guys go home with less seniority.

Re-Raise

You're right, I didn't actually hear him say this...., but the lunch was really good and I didn't have to file a grievance for letting guys go home with less seniority.

Appoligize ? I guess that is pretty close for management. (apologize)LOL

We had a PCM on cold pre-trips last week that said not to let the truck "iddle"