This contract is not passing til 2019

cachmeifucan

No way in the world we strike not before peak not after peak. No way a strike would only help the members. Just a hint of a strike can scare customers. Some probably even remember 97. Teamcrap sealed the deal now with union controlled health insurance that is a business they can't afford us to be off they know most of us would probably go see a doctor or dentist in first week before our insurance would be cut off. Out here we have 1 punch rule as of last contract. Meaning we have to have 1 punch a week to keep our health insurance. How many locals have this rule

iruhnman630

Honestly, if the union leadership had the stones, that would be great timing. Come back with a shot down contract, right before peak, and throw the strike authorization in their face. I still don't believe we will ever strike, but it might put the necessary pressure on to get something done that both UPS and the employees are happy with.
Why would the union leadership find their balls to strike against their own creation?

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
I am not sure exactly when it goes to membership to vote or even if it will. It's all guess work.

I won't Scab but being an ol'-timer. I'm thinking at some point I take (the predicted offer) of -$2.81 an hour an go back to $34.79 with no union at UPS. It's going to hurt.... not so much on the hourly from $37.60 today to $34.79, but my PEER 80 status could be up in the air and I might be looking at an extra decade of UPS just to get to that 59.5 yr(401k) status and closer to 62 so I can get 70% of my S.S... Sweet Jesus! I could actually be looking at a dozen more years before retiring with a reduced pension compared to today. Sickening! Sick to my guts!

I can't find another job here for $34.79 that I know of, Hell, I don't even really know how to write a resume. My businesses here mostly averages around $12 an hour. I might get lucky and find an $18 an hour job if UPS doesn't take me back. I can't weld or have no technology skills. I think I'm screwed. I just hope they offer us 25+ year employees the $34.79 rate. I suspect I'll go from 8-weeks vacation to 5-weeks and at 40-hour paid week, no longer 45-hours paid. I bet we can kiss away any production bonus too. Wasn't a large part of my income but it was extra. I pray our healthcare stays the same.

It's going to be stressful. Good Luck to all.

STFU

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I am not sure exactly when it goes to membership to vote or even if it will. It's all guess work.

I won't Scab but being an ol'-timer. I'm thinking at some point I take (the predicted offer) of -$2.81 an hour an go back to $34.79 with no union at UPS. It's going to hurt.... not so much on the hourly from $37.60 today to $34.79, but my PEER 80 status could be up in the air and I might be looking at an extra decade of UPS just to get to that 59.5 yr(401k) status and closer to 62 so I can get 70% of my S.S... Sweet Jesus! I could actually be looking at a dozen more years before retiring with a reduced pension compared to today. Sickening! Sick to my guts!

I can't find another job here for $34.79 that I know of, Hell, I don't even really know how to write a resume. My businesses here mostly averages around $12 an hour. I might get lucky and find an $18 an hour job if UPS doesn't take me back. I can't weld or have no technology skills. I think I'm screwed. I just hope they offer us 25+ year employees the $34.79 rate. I suspect I'll go from 8-weeks vacation to 5-weeks and at 40-hour paid week, no longer 45-hours paid. I bet we can kiss away any production bonus too. Wasn't a large part of my income but it was extra. I pray our healthcare stays the same.

It's going to be stressful. Good Luck to all.
Your posts are so long and boring I get about a sentence in and lose concentration.

Let me take a guess. Your gonna vote yes and your trying to convince others to do the same. Go away.

Hethatbeking

I think Trump wouldn’t hesitate to use his power under the Taft-Harley Act to order a 80 day “cooling off period” and get a court injunction to avert a strike during the holiday season. The Union just needs to help the Company stall long enough to make sure November and December would be covered.

Here’s an example of Bush having used the power in 2002:

“President Bush intervened in the 11-day shutdown of 29 West Coast ports today, successfully seeking a court order today to halt the employers' lockout of 10,500 longshoremen, because the operation of the ports is ''vital to our economy and to our military.''

Judge William Alsup of Federal District Court in San Francisco issued a temporary injunction tonight that ordered the ports reopened immediately.

In seeking to suspend the shutdown for 80 days, Mr. Bush became the first president to successfully invoke the Taft-Hartley Act emergency provisions since President Richard M. Nixon sought to stop a longshoremen's strike in 1971.

Judge Alsup said he would hold a hearing in a week on whether to grant a full 80-day injunction. If he grants it, the dispute would be pushed past the Nov. 5 election, past the Christmas buying season and, perhaps, past the start of military action against Iraq.”

PRESIDENT INVOKES TAFT-HARTLEY ACT TO OPEN 29 PORTS
Stops spewing non sense. The Taft Act applies to federal employees, Jurisdictional strikes, and wild cat strikes. Simply stating that Presidents have done things is moronic.

Box Ox

Stops spewing non sense. The Taft Act applies to federal employees, Jurisdictional strikes, and wild cat strikes. Simply stating that Presidents have done things is moronic.

The Act doesn’t apply exclusively to those cases. It also authorizes the President to intervene in strikes or potential strikes that create a national emergency, a reaction to the national coal miners' strikes called by the United Mine Workers of America in the 1940s.

Box Ox

Coal was important to the national electric grid my man.

Making sure all the grandmas and medical facilities get their medications on top of all the holiday volume is pretty important too. I imagine Trump would be willing to call for an emergency cooling off period injunction over far less. Could be one of the reasons the Company has received so many concessions in negotiations. Trump might have already weighed in on what he would do.

Hethatbeking

As much of a union guy that I am, I don't think the union has the balls to strike that close to peak. I would love to use that leverage though.
Sad
Making sure all the grandmas and medical facilities get their medications on top of all the holiday volume is pretty important too. I imagine Trump would be willing to call for an emergency cooling off period injunction over far less. Could be one of the reasons the Company has received so many concessions in negotiations. Trump might have already weighed in on what he would do.
Sure thing. At least your creative.

WTFm8

Out here we have 1 punch rule as of last contract. Meaning we have to have 1 punch a week to keep our health insurance. How many locals have this rule

Where's that in the contract? I've been trying to get this info because low senority drivers are being forced to work unload if not driving the day even tho BA says it's not mandatory if not being used as driver during day. I asked what the minimum work is 3 times now (BA twice and a steward once) to keep benefits and never get a reply.

I have financial responsibilities and doing local for such low money on days 'off' interferes with maintaining other sources of income.

CoolStoryBro

If we vote to strike in November then Trump himself will have to step in and negotiate the contract.
Let's do this.
STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Where's that in the contract? I've been trying to get this info because low senority drivers are being forced to work unload if not driving the day even tho BA says it's not mandatory if not being used as driver during day. I asked what the minimum work is 3 times now (BA twice and a steward once) to keep benefits and never get a reply.

I have financial responsibilities and doing local for such low money on days 'off' interferes with maintaining other sources of income.
I was told by my teamcare folks its 1 punch but if you use dental or vision that week you need to have 3 punches